• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:16:35 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Moto3 Suddenly Down ~30 kph...

Started by uberslug, September 08, 2017, 01:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I was spending a great deal of time testing on Spa with the 12b Moto3 bike and posted a best time of 3:03xx with terminal speeds at the end of the straights of approximately 215 kph. I did a 15 lap test and most of the laps were in the 3:05 to 3:08 range with the occasional off track excursion pushing the times up to 3:13.

Today I tried a few laps on Spa with the Moto3 and the best I could manage was a 3:11 [I was pushing harder than when I did a 3:03.258] with the end of straight speed topping out at a paltry 186 kph. The bike had no pull after the bridge on the uphill straight which did not match my recollection from the above test. I did not make any changes to my set up.

I have been playing around on Misano the last few days on both the GP125Cup and Moto3 bikes. My best time earlier this evening was a 1:48.011 [Moto3] and I then switched to Spa to break things up a bit. After going so slowly I thought I would reboot my computer and then hop back on Misano with the Moto3 to see if perhaps my computer was causing the ultra slow Spa times. I lowered my PB to a 1:47.953 so all was good there but when I went back to Spa it was still slow as slow could be. Has anyone else experienced this?

BOBR6 84

seems a big difference but .. check the conditions! wind speed and direction etc.. ??

uberslug

That was the first thing I checked. Yesterday's wind speed was zero. Also, the speed deficit is around the entire track. There are three high speed sections where I would pull red line and they are not in the same direction. Speed was down equally in all three sections.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

uberslug

I made no changes to any settings between sessions.

uberslug

I FINALLY found where my missing 30 kph got to!!! Turns out my throttle was only opening up to approximately 80 percent its travel so it was severely limiting my acceleration and top speed. I was down 15 or so kph on most of the field during last Sunday's race at Laguna and it was really frustrating to be so bloody slow on the home straight. I am so looking forward to upgrading to slow instead of uberslow...

Napalm Nick

Hey maybe this is my problem, the reason I am slow! Finally!

wait I check...........

No.  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"