Author Topic: Leg swag?  (Read 388 times)

badexample69

• View Profile
Leg swag?
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:43:35 AM »
Pibo bros,  Since you just added the little dab ( I love it, aka the training wheels), are you planning to add the leg dangle move for balance on hard braking?  8) I know it is not the sexiest thing in racing but f**k the haters!

http://motodna.net/the-leg-wave/

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:24:18 PM by PiBoSo »

loinen

• View Profile
Re: Leg swag?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »
>not the sexiest

disagree. i think it's a cool element of style. but i think there should be an option like 'dab speed' in mxsim which allow to vary conditions when this happens depending on personal favor (if everyone will be doing that in every corner this may look stupid)

badexample69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:41:35 PM »
>not the sexiest

disagree. i think it's a cool element of style. but i think there should be an option like 'dab speed' in mxsim which allow to vary conditions when this happens depending on personal favor (if everyone will be doing that in every corner this may look stupid)

That would be a great addition to keep the bike composed on hard braking .. I would like to see it as an option too no defaulted. It would add involvement from the players and realism to the game than just being in the tucked position.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:58:24 PM by badexample69 »

MultiCOOLFRESH

• Burrn rubber, not your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
But then, you can not use the rear brake or shift, while the leg is out, for the realism
Heeeeeey Hoooooo

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »
But then, you can not use the rear brake or shift, while the leg is out, for the realism
haven't even thought of that. that will be a cool detail.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:46:04 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »
Would be good for some modern rider realism, but it needs to be implemented with an on/off option setting in the settings menu in my opinion. Not everyone will want to be dangling their leg out. Lol.  ;D

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
Should have two options IMO. Something like that the L / R rider lean but manual or automatic.

Another option could be that it is linked to the rider lean. According to the rider lean side when pressing a button hang the leg. Obviously the leg should stop the bike lean.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:32:14 PM by Manu »

badexample69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 03:50:20 AM »

Not for all the bikes Multi :)  Rear Thumb Brake FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxdz1DvbIU
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:53:28 AM by badexample69 »

MultiCOOLFRESH

• Burrn rubber, not your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »

Not for all the bikes Multi :)  Rear Thumb Brake FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxdz1DvbIU

Well, I would imagine it could be quite difficult to manually shift, brake, steer and put the lag out at the same time... But if the lag comes out automatically, there would not be a problem :)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 09:30:10 AM »

Please note that the dangling leg effect is in progress, but that it will be visual only and automatic.

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
Can it be disabled or will it be a permanent animation?

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »

Please note that the dangling leg effect is in progress, but that it will be visual only and automatic.

I presume it will have it's own riding style and not be implemented on all other rider styles?

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 01:23:48 PM »
Nice but what's the reason for not including a manual control option?
A bit disappointed about that to be honest. The thumbstick buttons on gamepads would be perfect for that purpose since you tense up and increase pressure on the pad automatically anyhow when you're running a bit hot into a corner.

edit: Depending on whether the rider is leaning left or right, the correct leg would come out automatically, so that you only need one button for manual control.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:42:41 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

badexample69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:40 AM »
Nice but what's the reason for not including a manual control option?
A bit disappointed about that to be honest. The thumbstick buttons on gamepads would be perfect for that purpose since you tense up and increase pressure on the pad automatically anyhow when you're running a bit hot into a corner.

+10  :)