• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:47:27 PM

Leg swag?

Started by badexample69, September 13, 2017, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

September 13, 2017, 05:43:35 AM Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:24:18 PM by PiBoSo
Pibo bros,  Since you just added the little dab ( I love it, aka the training wheels), are you planning to add the leg dangle move for balance on hard braking?  8) I know it is not the sexiest thing in racing but f**k the haters!

http://motodna.net/the-leg-wave/

loinen

>not the sexiest

disagree. i think it's a cool element of style. but i think there should be an option like 'dab speed' in mxsim which allow to vary conditions when this happens depending on personal favor (if everyone will be doing that in every corner this may look stupid)

badexample69

September 15, 2017, 08:41:35 PM #2 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:58:24 PM by badexample69
Quote from: loinen on September 14, 2017, 10:53:49 AM
>not the sexiest

disagree. i think it's a cool element of style. but i think there should be an option like 'dab speed' in mxsim which allow to vary conditions when this happens depending on personal favor (if everyone will be doing that in every corner this may look stupid)

That would be a great addition to keep the bike composed on hard braking .. I would like to see it as an option too no defaulted. It would add involvement from the players and realism to the game than just being in the tucked position.

MultiCOOLFRESH

But then, you can not use the rear brake or shift, while the leg is out, for the realism
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Vini

September 16, 2017, 11:15:57 AM #4 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:46:04 PM by vini97
Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 16, 2017, 06:27:37 AM
But then, you can not use the rear brake or shift, while the leg is out, for the realism
haven't even thought of that. that will be a cool detail.

Hawk

Would be good for some modern rider realism, but it needs to be implemented with an on/off option setting in the settings menu in my opinion. Not everyone will want to be dangling their leg out. Lol.  ;D

Manu

September 16, 2017, 07:27:31 PM #6 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:32:14 PM by Manu
Should have two options IMO. Something like that the L / R rider lean but manual or automatic.

Another option could be that it is linked to the rider lean. According to the rider lean side when pressing a button hang the leg. Obviously the leg should stop the bike lean.

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

badexample69

September 17, 2017, 03:50:20 AM #7 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:53:28 AM by badexample69

Not for all the bikes Multi :)  Rear Thumb Brake FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxdz1DvbIU

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: badexample69 on September 17, 2017, 03:50:20 AM

Not for all the bikes Multi :)  Rear Thumb Brake FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxdz1DvbIU

Well, I would imagine it could be quite difficult to manually shift, brake, steer and put the lag out at the same time... But if the lag comes out automatically, there would not be a problem :)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PiBoSo

Please note that the dangling leg effect is in progress, but that it will be visual only and automatic.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Can it be disabled or will it be a permanent animation?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 17, 2017, 09:30:10 AM

Please note that the dangling leg effect is in progress, but that it will be visual only and automatic.

I presume it will have it's own riding style and not be implemented on all other rider styles?

Vini

September 17, 2017, 01:23:48 PM #12 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:22:51 PM by vini97
Nice but what's the reason for not including a manual control option?
A bit disappointed about that to be honest. The thumbstick buttons on gamepads would be perfect for that purpose since you tense up and increase pressure on the pad automatically anyhow when you're running a bit hot into a corner.

edit: Depending on whether the rider is leaning left or right, the correct leg would be chosen automatically, so that you only need one button for manual control.

badexample69

Quote from: vini97 on September 17, 2017, 01:23:48 PM
Nice but what's the reason for not including a manual control option?
A bit disappointed about that to be honest. The thumbstick buttons on gamepads would be perfect for that purpose since you tense up and increase pressure on the pad automatically anyhow when you're running a bit hot into a corner.

+10  :)

badexample69

Pib, it has to be the real deal, not just cosmetic! Common! :( You are the master of physics not superficial stuff.

Also, boot smoke could be also considered lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82rqReDDiw