• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:41:00 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Leg swag?

Started by badexample69, September 13, 2017, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeski

Surely there's more important and pressing issues with GPB development rather than a fancy leg dangle?
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

matty0l215

Probably...

But gotta have that leg dangle animation yo :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

badexample69

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 24, 2017, 02:34:09 PM
Probably...

But gotta have that leg dangle animation yo :P

Animation? Pib is better than this! We want the real deal! >:( That would give us options on hard braking and that is awesome awesome. Animation is just awesome.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkMxcL86Noo     8)

uberslug

How would you know if you're leg is dangling if you're riding first person?

I think we should add a thumbs up gesture to signal to another rider when we think they had a particularly stylish leg dangle.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on September 25, 2017, 11:02:58 AM
How would you know if you're leg is dangling if you're riding first person?
Why would you want to know ? If, as said, it's fully automated and eye-candy only, there's really no need to know, no ?
and if it's manually activated, then you'll need to press a button, so yeah, you'll know ;)

Vini

September 25, 2017, 02:52:59 PM #35 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:45:42 PM by vini97
Quote from: badexample69 on September 25, 2017, 02:35:13 AMAnimation? Pib is better than this! We want the real deal! >:( That would give us options on hard braking and that is awesome awesome. Animation is just awesome.  :P
I think the data analysts came to the conclusion that it doesn't make a difference in braking distance for the riders. It's just a comfort thing, so there is no need to simulate the leg dangle physically.

Hawk

Personally I think that if there was any scientific benefit from leg dangling other than a rider sh*tting himself that the front-end was about to break away then it would have been discovered a long long time ago. All this talk about it having braking and weight-shift advantages going into corners is just the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard. Lol! ;D

The only admirable thing about this is that they don't need electronics to do it.... Or maybe they do? Lol! :P ;D

matty0l215

Id rather be able to race than have a leg dangle.

With the last beta we seem to ha e gained a massive amount of online stability (apart from a select few) but we have gained a game breaking bug. That should be more of a prioriry than leg dangle.

Im not saying it wouldnt be nice (i do like the idea) and theres no reason why we cant have both for the next beta. Heres hoping ;D

TFC

Hang on I'm confused.. (nothing new there)..

If the leg dangle assists with breaking, how do they use the rear brake when the right leg dangles??

uberslug

<quote>Id rather be able to race than have a leg dangle.</quote>

+1

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on September 25, 2017, 04:47:43 PM

If the leg dangle assists with breaking, how do they use the rear brake when the right leg dangles??

They don't :) And they didn't even before the arrival of leg dangling. Rear brake is not used for breaking before a turn

TFC

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 25, 2017, 06:41:28 PM

They don't :) And they didn't even before the arrival of leg dangling. Rear brake is not used for breaking before a turn

Guess that's my mx brain thinking :D..

MultiCOOLFRESH

On MotoGP bikes they use a thumb-rear wheel brake. So they brake with the thumb, rather then the right foot
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

matty0l215

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 25, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

On MotoGP bikes they use a thumb-rear wheel brake. So they brake with the thumb, rather then the right foot

Rear break is almost usless in heavy breaking as the rear wheel is/is almost off the floor.

HornetMaX

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 25, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

Not all of them use a thumb brake I think.  Anyway, thumb or foot, you don't use rear brake for hard braking at all.
As said, wheel is already mostly off ground and, anyway, you have so much engine brake that ...