• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:00 PM

Game SETTINGS

Started by Napalm Nick, September 13, 2017, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

September 13, 2017, 08:51:48 PM Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:53:50 PM by Napalm Nick
When going to settings screen (EG to change SHIFT HELP Setting ETC) once the OK button is clicked the screen goes black as the new resolution is set (Even if resolution hasn't been changed!) and the countdown box appears to confirm that you are sure (::)).

Problem - on large tracks or tracks that have a lot of people in, the time the screen is black can often be longer than the Countdown timer allows, so effectively it defaults to "no I didn't mean to make changes" and returns to the pit without any settings changed.

Running a triple screen here and on a memory hungry scenario is probably why the resolution set-up takes so long and is rarely reported.

Possible solution - Don't have that screen check and set the resolution unless that setting has been changed / Have a longer timer / Get rid of the "are you sure you want to do this" step completely / Stick two fingers up at multi screen users  :D

Bug reported.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

poumpouny

Get that here too, the only way to change setting is to quit race/qualify and change in the gpbike home menu's parameter !

janaucarre

Hi,
Never had the countdown after changing settings (except resolution)  in any mod of the game.
For the resolution it must be changed in the settings from the base of the game. Playing and changing the resolution is impossible for me since alpha7, countdown appears at the last second and go back to last settings.

Luponius

Can confirm this issue is still present, I even had the problem when on the main menu.  Worked before but didn't after I tried altering it on track, and couldn't alter it in main menu later, even after restarting the game a few times.  Can always change directly from config, but that's pretty annoying.