Author Topic: NAFPRA Beta 12 Test Race Announcement...  (Read 204 times)

uberslug

• View Profile
NAFPRA Beta 12 Test Race Announcement...
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:28:07 PM »
What: First Person Moto3 Grand Prix of Laguna Seca

When: 2:00p EDT on Sunday, September 17, 2017

Track Opens For Practice @ 12:00p EDT [4:00p GMT]

15 Minute Qualifying Session Begins @ 1:45p EDT [5:45p GMT]

15 Lap Race Begins Shortly After Qualifying

Weather Conditions Will Be Real World - Forecast is for 67 Degrees F [20 Degrees C] and Partly Cloudy with Winds @ 10 mph [16 kmh] WNW

[unless it is raining in which case we will have Sunny Skies, Mild Temperatures, and Virtually No Wind...]

Please Note:

1) The format has been changed to eliminate the Warm Up and Sighting Laps. In testing I kept getting the dreaded 'Jump Start DSQ' even though I just sat there holding the front brake on during said periods of time.

2) Be sure to pick your Race Setup when bounced back to the pit after qualifying. It look like there is a relatively short window of time between being bounced back to the pits and the start light sequence so be quick about it.

3) NAFPRA#1 [Moto3 Laguna Seca] will be open for continuous practice / testing until 11:30a on September 17 at which point the server will be reset with the race parameters.

4) NAFPRA#6_Test [Moto3 Laguna Seca] has been set up with short qualifying / race parameters for testing purposes. If you fancy a go, please have at it.

Keep your fingers crossed everything goes according to plan and race hosting pointers / suggestions / advice will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:25:56 PM by uberslug »

TimboC137

• if you can't find it, grind it!
    • View Profile
Re: NAFPRA Beta 12 Test Race Announcement...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
practice has already begun. there are 55 min remaining until qualifying  :)

PeterV

• CAWS - Server Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
thanks for the race guys server was good no complaints  ;D
Just frustrated with GPB thats why i left early.

Syd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 06:52:08 PM »
The DSQ problem was horrendous. It is frustrating having to restart continually, but the right call I think. Getting a race started with the minimum DSQs seemed to be the only way to go.

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
Hey it was quite a nice race. Sorry for all those people who didn't make the start, trust me we have all been there a million times over the last years. The trick is to expect a disqual then you are happy when you don't get one.

But yeh Pib needs to sort this stuff and not get distracted by stupid leg dangle stuff.  ::)

This join the track bouncing disqual  problem is new so needs sorting out.
Keep reporting the problem so PiB is aware of the scale of it. Don't assume he knows about it - we never see any acknowledgement.

Thanks Uber and team it was remarkably lag-free considering the distance, and sooo nice to race in 1p again. Just a shame I couldn't get there a bit earlier for some practice.

Good job!  :D
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

TimboC137

• if you can't find it, grind it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
Good race guys. that was fun....mostly. the server seemed smooth to me. other riders seemed stable on track. the real problem was getting the race started without a DSQ from me or several people(mostly me  :-[). after 4, 5, 6... restarts, it finally worked. from there it was good. even the train wreck in T2 was smooth and,IMO, caused by driver awareness(or unawareness? ::)), and not jumping, lagggy bikes.

i say it was a successful test. something has to be done about the race starts, tho. that was getting ridiculous with the restarts, and i feel bad for the few that left before the race finally started. i can't blame them tho. i look forward to more races. good race to everybody, and congrats to Conor, and Warlock for a fine demonstration  8)

uberslug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:27 PM »
Thank you everyone for attending.

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
Great work guys!

Really enjoyed the race (well until the DSQ :P) Shame about the start issues but still a good race ;D

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
Thanks Timbo, don't worry for restarts m8, we all been there, was an specially tricky track for the start as bike tends to move in hills. Experience in starts will make it easier despite the bug.

Fun race , looking forward to another 1st P view event. Thanks for this, i missed it for a long time. I was surprised by the number of riders in this kind of event, although some good ones were missing. Im sure bigger bikes will get even more people.  ;)

Grooveski

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »
Didn't do nearly enough practice but still had a fun time.   ;D
...except crashing on the last lap and losing a place - that's never fun.   ::)

Cheers guys.