• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:22:10 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Jump Start Ride Through

Started by matty0l215, September 17, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

September 17, 2017, 06:25:22 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:28:20 PM by matty0l215
When we finally managed to get going tonight ::) ;D

I managed to get myself a jump start ride through. But even though I went through the entier pit with the limiter on and with the speed indicator in the green I still got disqualified...

I did the ride through at the end of the first lap (off the grid, round and straight in) Is this wrong or is this a bug??

Any more info needed just ask :D

Rather irritating as i was on for a podium  :'(
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Pit in and out areas well defined ? (maybe one of our track-meisters can have a look).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 18, 2017, 10:14:47 AM
Pit in and out areas well defined ? (maybe one of our track-meisters can have a look).

The Laguna Seca Pit in/out and pit fast-lane are defined, but the pit slow-lane is not. So I guess if you come into the pits and deviate from the pit fast-lane then it won't work as it should?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on September 18, 2017, 11:54:04 AM

The Laguna Seca Pit in/out and pit fast-lane are defined, but the pit slow-lane is not. So I guess if you come into the pits and deviate from the pit fast-lane then it won't work as it should?
Thanks Hawk, it could be. Can you ask directly to PiBoSo in the appropriate section ? (otherwise I fear we won't get an answer here)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 18, 2017, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 18, 2017, 11:54:04 AM

Thanks Hawk, it could be. Can you ask directly to PiBoSo in the appropriate section ? (otherwise I fear we won't get an answer here)

No probs Max.  ;)

But ask Piboso what? Defining the pit lane surfaces properly is the track authors responsibility not Piboso's.  :)

I suspect if the author updated with the correct pit-lane surface definition for all the pit area at Laguna Seca then it would probably work okay within the bounds of the normal and already reported hit and miss workings of GPB pit penalty ride-thru's.
The track could do with either updating or replacing anyways.... it's not one of the best track surfaces to ride on.  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on September 18, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
But ask Piboso what? Defining the pit lane surfaces properly is the track authors responsibility not Piboso's.  :)
Ask if a missing pit slow area could cause a ride-through to be missed, just as a confirmation.
Probably easier than doing the test on your side.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 18, 2017, 06:47:00 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 18, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
Ask if a missing pit slow area could cause a ride-through to be missed, just as a confirmation.
Probably easier than doing the test on your side.

We could do I suppose, especially as we haven't got the 3D source files to update the pit-lane for Laguna Seca to test the theory out anyways.  :)

HornetMaX

Thx Hawk !

It would probably be a good idea to have the tracks organised into "raceable" and "non-raceable".
Either in the Mega page (easy), or using GPB tack categories (introduced in b12).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 19, 2017, 06:30:46 AM
Thx Hawk !

It would probably be a good idea to have the tracks organised into "raceable" and "non-raceable".
Either in the Mega page (easy), or using GPB tack categories (introduced in b12).

+1

That would also help race event organisers to choose the better tracks for championships or single races too.

janaucarre

Hi,
I will take a look if i have the 3ds files of laguna and if so change what we need