• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:28:58 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Blade Runner 2049

Started by badexample69, September 25, 2017, 02:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

September 25, 2017, 02:39:32 AM Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:43:59 AM by badexample69
Any Sci-Fi nuts here?? So excited about this! OMG!! Only reason to own a 4k OLED TV!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4

PeterV

Not a real sci-fi nut but im curious about this one as well.
Might be nostalgia though, the original one with H. Ford and R. Hauer. from 1982,
made an impression for sure i those days on me.

HornetMaX

Always sceptical about sequels/prequels made long time after the original.
I recently watched Prometheus and boy, does it look weird when you remember all the details of Alien (1979).
Now I'm hesitant about even watching Alien Covenant.

No need to surf on nostalgia, there are (occasionally) good, new sci-fi movies (I liked Ex Machina not long ago, for example).

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 25, 2017, 06:52:21 PM
Always sceptical about sequels/prequels made long time after the original.
I recently watched Prometheus and boy, does it look weird when you remember all the details of Alien (1979).
Now I'm hesitant about even watching Alien Covenant.

No need to surf on nostalgia, there are (occasionally) good, new sci-fi movies (I liked Ex Machina not long ago, for example).

Don`t, just don`t watch Covenant. Try and erase Prometheus from your mind, and act as if none of those movies ever happened. If you want to keep the mystery alive that surrounds the whole Alien/Xenomorph universe, for the love of David don`t do it!

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on September 25, 2017, 07:07:40 PM
If you want to keep the mystery alive that surrounds the whole Alien/Xenomorph universe
Actually, I don't. 4 movies, more than enough.

for the love of David don`t do it!
D.Cronenberg ? :)

TFC

Haven't really enjoyed a sequel / prequel / remake of anything recently. Don't have high hopes for Blade Runner but I'll still watch it.

Ok maybe Rogue One was pretty fun, and Tron Legacy was OK..

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 25, 2017, 10:26:52 PM
If you want to keep the mystery alive that surrounds the whole Alien/Xenomorph universe
Actually, I don't. 4 movies, more than enough.

for the love of David don`t do it!
D.Cronenberg ? :)

You`re a smart bloke, you`ll find out what this reference/joke means after you`ve seen Covenant which i`m sure you`ll do anyway since you`re as stubborn as a brick wall :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on September 26, 2017, 05:32:58 PM
You`re a smart bloke, you`ll find out what this reference/joke means after you`ve seen Covenant which i`m sure you`ll do anyway since you`re as stubborn as a brick wall :P
Now you've given me one reason to watch it. I feel compelled.

PiBoSo

That was such a dull film!
Not really new, but Sunshine and Moon are the first that come to mind when thinking of good and relatively recent sci-fi movies.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

TFC

+1 on Moon..  But wasn't Sunshine just piggybacking on the awesomeness of Event Horizon?

JamoZ

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 26, 2017, 07:58:56 PM

That was such a dull film!
Not really new, but Sunshine and Moon are the first that come to mind when thinking of good and relatively recent sci-fi movies.

Why did you think it was Dull? That movie was great in many ways in my opinion. Sure it was not action packed, but that wasn`t the goal of it. I think the point was to make you think about the development of AI and wether that`s something we really want...and if we accomplish it, then what? Do you have the right to kill it, keep it captive, make it your slave, or does it need to be treated as any other human with the rights that come along with "humanity"?

One of the best Sci-Fi movies i`ve seen recently was Interstellar, everything about it grabbed me form the start, especially the soundtrack.