• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:23 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - Knockhill

Started by Grooveski, September 28, 2017, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Have had a bug reported concerning the bridge on the start straight.
(...inverting itself basically - wierd kinda transparency affair with backwards versions of the sign showing through)
Seen it in a previous version - thought I'd fixed it but apparently not for every computer)

Added to the todo list.

Grooveski

Gotta laugh at the irony of asking a barely-in-control backmarker to make a bestline.  :P  It's like asking a dyslexic to proof read your new book.  ::)
(the aforementioned 50 or 60 laps were no bloody help - those were all checking out the eyecandy, hitting every wall to make sure they existed and posing for the cameras - putting in a single smooth lap is another matter altogether)

First tank emptied on the Strada and a setup worked up for it - gonna have a little break then another crack at it.   ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on September 29, 2017, 02:29:42 PM
Gotta laugh at the irony of asking a barely-in-control backmarker to make a bestline.  :P  It's like asking a dyslexic to proof read your new book.  ::)
(the aforementioned 50 or 60 laps were no bloody help - those were all checking out the eyecandy, hitting every wall to make sure they existed and posing for the cameras - putting in a single smooth lap is another matter altogether)

First tank emptied on the Strada and a setup worked up for it - gonna have a little break then another crack at it.   ;D

ROFL! ;D ;D

Indeed... It's not easy doing a good best line for us mere mortals. Lol. ;D

Grooveski

Bestline for Knockhill V0.7.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nan12n0fpsepojz/bestline.tl?dl=0

I've also added it to the archive in the first post.
(and sent DD the new link for inclusion in the database)

finpower

I have now this knockhill down loaded and have it with 7zip unpacked.
normally I get a trackordner.
is just once again everything else.
can one tell me what I have to make that I eien trackordner get and in the trackordner paste?
I know it's hard again, but I do not.
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

h106frp

September 29, 2017, 09:41:33 PM #20 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:45:29 PM by h106frp
You should have it unpacked as a folder and add the folder to tracks (which you may need to create)

i.e.
..........\gpbikes\tracks\Knockhill v0.7_NDS

KG_03

LOL I know where from my problems with looking into apex came from :-D

I was riding the track in wrong direction :-D Silly me

Napalm Nick

I did think of posting that cos it has been done before. Easy mistake and you wont be the last but I kept schtum  :-X  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

I just went right...not thinking much. But when I went for online practice today I said to my self "you idiot its wrong direction" :-D

Napalm Nick

I've done it too but don't tell anyone  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

tchemi

October 01, 2017, 02:42:09 AM #25 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:43:58 AM by tchemi
Hello guys ! I had my first core.exe in beta 12b while testing the track. In came out of the track in turn 3, and the game froze, then crash.

Note, I changed the draw distance to 2000 and the texture_quality = 1 in gpbikes.ini. Could this have an impact ?

EDIT : How, Not only GPB but Trackir has crashed too. mhm. First time I see this. I gonna rollback the new settings and test it tomorow.

Grooveski

October 01, 2017, 08:51:32 AM #26 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:55:15 AM by Grooveski
Your first B12 core had to happen somewhere I guess - mine was at Mugello.
Thanks for mentioning it - will check the model for gaps...
...but I've been in the sandtrap at Scotsman loads of times since I plugged the last gap, I imagine if there was one there it'd have shown up before now.

It's 20000 for the drawdistance.  2000 would be enough to stop the hill growing in front of you but not enough to show the whole model.
Don't know what texture_quality = 1 equates to on the slider but it's hard to see that having anything to do with it.

gpbikes.ini? - in the [GFX_DEFAULT] section?   :-\
It's the [gfx] section of Profile.ini you want.   ;)

PeterV

this is the reason...

gpbikes.ini
1 -> uncompressed, 32 bits      ;is not recommended, because textures use 8 times the video ram

We switched too setting 2, because we had problems on 1 with the latest high detailed tracks.
Will also depend on youre computer specs i imagine.

Grooveski

Oh, that's that one?  I was thinking of texturesize.   :-[
Cheers mate.   :)

Donnie

Been playing this a lot. Brilliant work. Got me back into the game after a few months away.

Thanks all