• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Time Attack competition!

Started by Wimp #97, September 30, 2017, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimp #97

Hi guys,

I was wondering since we won't be racing anytime soon, that maybe we could host a time attack competition?
This way we keep the community active and connected without have to set specific times and dates for everyone to join and then eventually it all fails because of bugs etc... .

I had some sort of weekly format in mind.
Every week the bikes change and the track changes. And we just screenshot our fastest laps and post them on the forums.
Maybe even keep track of a championship?

I don't have any experience in hosting things like this. Maybe help me out on what to keep an eye out for (rules, setup,...) ?
Also I do not have a ton of time because i'm doing my masters thesis this year but I don't think it would be too much work to setup a weekly time attack competition. Or if someone else wants to setup the competition its fine by me.
Maybe a dedicated server would be nice?

Anyway, just some ideas I had. I hope some of you guys like it so we can keep the community active and maybe use it to test some bikes and help developers :).
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Hawk

Hi wimpsback.

Already been in operation for some years now unless I'm misunderstanding the format your suggesting?  :)

http://gp-bikes.motonline-france.com/