• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Also-ran or class leader, I can't decide

Started by theyellowfury, October 05, 2017, 01:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theyellowfury

Mugello was the culprit. I'll just have to stay away from all those other tracks then.
No I haven't dl'd tyres but I will later when I calm down a bit. I clicked the dropdown to go to a different class and it said core.exe has stopped working and there was a button to ok it which I grudgingly pressed even though I wasn't ok with it. Sound like a problem with tyres?
All matter in the universe is condensed irony

Napalm Nick

Quote from: theyellowfury on October 06, 2017, 04:59:03 PM
No I haven't dl'd tyres but I will later when I calm down a bit.

Downloading the tyres is not a nicety/choice it is imperative.

It is frustrating mate. The new separate tyre files and locations takes some getting used to for all of us.  I am a little exasperated by PiB leaving it to the community to sort it out over and over rather than producing some installation instructions. Taking the piss a bit lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

October 06, 2017, 05:21:14 PM #17 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:23:17 PM by wimpsback
Quote from: theyellowfury on October 06, 2017, 04:59:03 PM
Mugello was the culprit. I'll just have to stay away from all those other tracks then.
No I haven't dl'd tyres but I will later when I calm down a bit. I clicked the dropdown to go to a different class and it said core.exe has stopped working and there was a button to ok it which I grudgingly pressed even though I wasn't ok with it. Sound like a problem with tyres?

Just make sure you get the proper files setup and after that is easy to keep up to date with new tracks and bikes. There should be several topics about the file system. Should take about an hour to get the bikes and some tracks downloaded and working properly after that its pure enjoyment ;)

Also about the respawn thing, don't worry too much about it, i never reset to the track. Once you get a bit better you wont be riding out of the gravel that much ;)
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

theyellowfury

Thanks dudes. I'm ok with a bit of work and I'll chance getting the tyres later.
I see vids on 'ube of lads ripping it up and looking like actual bike racers. I know I can get that good in time and I can see that the physics engine is a champ.  It would help if it was 20 past 4, that always makes me better at racing cos then I believe it more. Possibly tomorrow :)
All matter in the universe is condensed irony

lbracen8x

October 07, 2017, 04:52:25 PM #19 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:58:45 PM by lbracen8x
Facing the wrong direction after a crash does get frustrating   >:(. Maybe don't worry so much about manipulating rider position, especially while turning. Start by just keeping your head down when going straight. If your expecting to be fast soon then you may be disappointed. My experience with this game is quite similar to starting iracing; difficulty and learning curve are steep. Warmed up tyres help as well.

I would recommend buying this game if you like motorcycle game. Many bikes. Many tracks. Some of the tracks I've tried so far are beautiful, such as Paul Ricard. Keep this link in mind if you buy

https://mega.nz/#F!EkUj0LxB!QTr7lzLpllCca2PW0-gUog!RttkUIzC    <<<for tracks<<<<<                  >>>>>for bikes>>>>    https://mega.nz/#F!GdAUhKxA!04IzRVoF6CEVLUq2nbpH1g