Author Topic: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - Ducati 955 - BETA  (Read 318 times)

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - Ducati 955 - BETA
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
On behalf of the CAWS MOD TEAM -

Ducati 916 Corsa 955 Factory

1996 955cc 90o V twin Factory

In the Official BikeMOD HERE Friday 6th October 2017

Now Beta 12 holds the tyre files separately - Don't forget the TYRES and STANDS (will also be in the BikeMod).

All feedback is good.

Special appreciation to H106FRP for building this bike from SCRATCH (916 Mod) - great 3d work and physics.

Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Syd

• View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12 - Bike Release - Ducati 955 - BETA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
I am still trying to complete a lap, anywhere, without crashing. This is a mean road bike! It gives an impressive feeling of lots of power, but also of road tyres and suspension not quite up to the job of getting that power and braking to the track (all default at the moment). A combination that somehow makes it very addictive, something to master. Oh, for a pair of soft slicks!
It goes without saying that the dash is fantastic, easily the best and so enjoyable to have in view while riding.

A very nice job there, thanks H106FRP!

uberslug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:47:00 AM »
I tried this great looking and sounding bike and the tyres / wheels were invisible. The tyres listed in the garage were the ones from the Norton bike which made for some great burnouts and wonderfully lurid drifting. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have the associated tyres in the tyres directory.

Guiga

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:16:12 PM »
The tank looks a little too elongated

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
I tried this great looking and sounding bike and the tyres / wheels were invisible. The tyres listed in the garage were the ones from the Norton bike which made for some great burnouts and wonderfully lurid drifting. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have the associated tyres in the tyres directory.

That's very strange not seen that before. I would delete the tyres and bike and get a fresh set.
  ???
The tank looks a little too elongated

got a comparison pic guiga?  :)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:56:54 PM »
Very old from the build thread  :)

Model overlaid on reference image in 3D app, later models of the bike do appear to lower the back of the tank though; I guess to improve comfort.

NB this 3D app image projection has no perspective, showroom images can look at bit odd at times due to perspective issues
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:59:02 PM by h106frp »

Guiga

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:49:11 AM »
Must have been perspective on the standalone image, because for some reason it looks overly extended on that preview picture especially in relation to the midget rider.  :-X

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »
The showroom perspective view is a bit odd and I noticed it myself the other day with a (slightly) distant wheel looking very small relative to the one just a bit closer to the camera, spun the model and the situation reversed so its like the perspective has been overly exaggerated.

Everything looks OK in game though  :)