• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12+ - Bike Release - Ducati 955 - BETA

Started by Napalm Nick, October 05, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

On behalf of the CAWS MOD TEAM -

Ducati 916 Corsa 955 Factory

1996 955cc 90o V twin Factory

In the Official BikeMOD HERE Friday 6th October 2017

Now Beta 12 holds the tyre files separately - Don't forget the TYRES and STANDS (will also be in the BikeMod).

All feedback is good.

Special appreciation to H106FRP for building this bike from SCRATCH (916 Mod) - great 3d work and physics.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Syd

I am still trying to complete a lap, anywhere, without crashing. This is a mean road bike! It gives an impressive feeling of lots of power, but also of road tyres and suspension not quite up to the job of getting that power and braking to the track (all default at the moment). A combination that somehow makes it very addictive, something to master. Oh, for a pair of soft slicks!
It goes without saying that the dash is fantastic, easily the best and so enjoyable to have in view while riding.

A very nice job there, thanks H106FRP!

uberslug

I tried this great looking and sounding bike and the tyres / wheels were invisible. The tyres listed in the garage were the ones from the Norton bike which made for some great burnouts and wonderfully lurid drifting. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have the associated tyres in the tyres directory.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: uberslug on October 12, 2017, 12:47:00 AM
I tried this great looking and sounding bike and the tyres / wheels were invisible. The tyres listed in the garage were the ones from the Norton bike which made for some great burnouts and wonderfully lurid drifting. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have the associated tyres in the tyres directory.

That's very strange not seen that before. I would delete the tyres and bike and get a fresh set.
  ???
Quote from: Guiga on October 12, 2017, 08:16:12 PM
The tank looks a little too elongated

got a comparison pic guiga?  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Very old from the build thread  :)

Model overlaid on reference image in 3D app, later models of the bike do appear to lower the back of the tank though; I guess to improve comfort.

NB this 3D app image projection has no perspective, showroom images can look at bit odd at times due to perspective issues

h106frp

The showroom perspective view is a bit odd and I noticed it myself the other day with a (slightly) distant wheel looking very small relative to the one just a bit closer to the camera, spun the model and the situation reversed so its like the perspective has been overly exaggerated.

Everything looks OK in game though  :)

SilverSurfer

Hi Folks,

first of all many thanks for modding this iconic bike, which seems to be out of sight of today's motorcyclists.

I have tested the bike, results as follows:

1. Tyres not visible
Tyres are visible, if the set duc_916_h106frp.pkz are installed.

2. Type of bike
The headline "Ducati 916 Corsa 955 Factory" does not match the modded bike, which is a street bike. The Ducati 955 Corsa was produced as a factory racing bike, when Ducati decided to increase the displacement to 996 ccm. The 955 was an experimental factory version in that period. Indeed some tuners offered 955 conversion kits for the original 916.

3. General modelling
The proportion seems to be okay. The cockpit is quite good, but of few parts from the fairing missing fillets on edges. Especially the monoseat has a lot of sharp edges in contrast to reality. Further - the depth of the air outlets in the fairing is to low.

On the street bikes the tank was always the same through all versions, shape has never changed on road bikes.

4. Sounds
I am very sorry for saying that, but the sound is far away from being realistic, except idling sound.

Here are some examples, which represent the real sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vzHqJsRWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh-5p6OtZgQ

5. Driving
The general behavior is to sluggish - the real bike is indeed quite handy and always stable, even on turns from left to right. The rear has a lot of traction, so that you can blast out of corners.
The front woobles, which is quite unusual for the real bike.

Long story short - there is room and space for improvements.

Apart from this I wonder about this mod, which seems to have a real good base:

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1282.msg16495#msg16495

Cheers
Marco

... Quick but without hastiness.

h106frp

Thanks for giving it a try, pretty much given up with modding until PB can clean up the issues with b12.

1. Tyres confusion is a well known new "feature" of b12  :)
2. 955 was a homogolation special, new engine crammed into the old chassis (with a few carbon fibre bits) and sold to achieve minimum numbers before the next season due to being outclassed by the other manufacturers in WSBK - it did not even have its own stickers but carrried the 916 livery, any bike with 955 livery is fake  ;) - it was not experimental, just a fudge around the SBK rules.
3. Always scope for more model detail - noted.
4. Sounds  ::)  A saga in itself. I think various versions/attempts exist for this bike if you search the forum. You can swap sounds without issue if you want to experiment.
5. Pysics gets reviewed with every GPB release so ongoing. Until the turn on incline andd wobble 30 are resolved it will always be compromise.

Without the model files juju 996 cannot be updated to 12b   :(

SilverSurfer

Many thanks for your reply.

whops, you are right, there was a streetlegal 955 called 955 SP. Never noticed that before, but the 916 SP and SPS with the 996 engine and 916 on the fairing.

Btw sound, I judge on the base of personal experience. Since the year 2000 I am -still- riding a 996 SPS FR2. :-)

Cheers
Marco

h106frp

Nice bike to own  :) If you ever get the chace to record some decent samples - steady rpm and no wind noise then it would be possible to make decent sounds for the mod  ;)

SilverSurfer