Author Topic: Usernames  (Read 604 times)

Grooveski

• View Profile
Usernames
« on: October 06, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
You wonder sometimes where folk get their usernames from.
...so for a giggle I thought I'd wonder out loud.  :D

To get the ball rolling:

Groove Champion - Auto Vigilante!  8)
Star of what I'd still rank as one of the most entertaining games I've ever played - Interstate 76.
My heart's racing just looking at a screenshot of it.    ;D  Fond memories!

Was the first game I ever played online - when you connected the first time everyone forgot to enter a name, joined as Groove and got a slagging for it (like <unnamedprofile>  :P )
...so I popped back out the room, added a few letters(always did like names ending in ski - kinda cheery sounding) and popped back in again, thinking 'I'll dream up a good username tomorrow'...

...and here we are - 20 years later.   ::)

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
Re: Usernames
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »
When I met Linda Lusardi she said I was hot stuff so...... ;D

Then I woke up...

Vietcong : First game I played multiplayer, and went on to form a mutli country clan, competitions and all sorts of great fun. Learning server hosting and commands, writing missions every week etc etc. Made and still have some good friends from it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M20_jBEVtwc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M20_jBEVtwc</a>

I hear people are still playing Vietcong even now. An amazing game. So the username is a tribute to those times, always used it not changing now, even if dated and not particularly PC.  Certainly not disrespectful some things should not be forgotten.  :(
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:33:32 PM »
Easy!

My name is Matty, 0L215 was a random selection of character beacuse the username Matty was already taken on Runescape (old Web Java based MMO) but I gave that up years ago and the name just stuck :P

Alone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
I used to be in a music band. When I created a song that wont be part of our music, I recorded them as Alone.
When I started to play GPBikes in beta 7 (I came from gp500), I saw myself so alone, no AI, no internet at home to play online, that reminds me those tapes, so that's my reason :)

Seajay 64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 05:58:43 PM »
For me, my main initials are CJ. I did a bit it club racing in the north of England and some in Scotland between 1960 to 1964. Then in 1964, on a road bike, Ducati, a car hit me and I lost my right leg. So that was the end of motorcycle racing and riding for me. That said, the day I came out of hospital, my palls whisked me off for a camping weekend, and to cut a long story short, I illegally got on to a motor bike, a 350 BSA, not mine, but owned by a pal, and rode it down a very winding road in the English Lake district, changing gear by bending down with my hand. The doctors had told me that I would never ride a motorcycle again. Me, I had to prove them wrong. I did !!!

My other passion in life has been sailing, and I am a fully qualified commercial skipper, and for the last 30 years have been involved in delivering sailing and power vessels from anywhere to anywhere world wide. Now at 74 I am retied from professional sailing ,but still keep my hand in with short trips.

So Seajay represents the initials of my name and 64 is the year I nearly died, but together they bring me back to one of the most happiest periods of my life.

Thank you for reading

Seajay 64

Gzehoo

• Lambda Motosports rider #92
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
My real name is Grzegorz, but sometimes it's also pronounced Grzechu and I decided to write it as Gzehoo. This "-oo" should be read the same as in "Yahoo".
Lambda Motosports Team Manager

GP Bikes Polska on Discord

Boerenlater

• Lambda Motosports rider #36
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »
Hello Gregory :D

Boerenlater is Dutch for someone who burps. Because when I was a teenager my sister called me that.
Almost twenty years later it's still my online nick.
Dutch rider

JMTRacing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »
I just took my initials and put racing at the end  ;D

I'm still a kid, and I ain't using that as an excuse
I just got a lot to learn and that's the truth

KG13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 07:32:50 PM »
Same here :-) KG is from my initials, 13...because I don't think that its unlucky number :-D
Never had a good idea for a nickname so I kinda took it from VR46, CR7 and so on ;-) Im not original in that matter ;-)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:07:16 PM by KG13 »

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:19:02 PM »
Easy for me, Max as short for my real name, and Hornet because it has been my first wif.. herm, bike :)

finpower

• GP Bikes Team Austria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »
fin
I have already been my school time as nick get. The first 3 letters of my surname.
because I am in my old (64 years) 8) GP500 of micro prose always with powergames to do, I've called myself finpower.
I will always keep it. :)

greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 12:41:36 AM »
Easy for me, Warlock is the name of my tattoo studio, since year 2000.
Tattoos are (or i see them) in someway magical cos they stay there, alive ! , ... and i'm the one who do the magic, so...  :)

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 01:41:07 AM »
"Gonzo", cause I'm a journo and I like the work of Hunter S Thompson and his Gonzo journalism. #46 is obvious. Can't remember why my name on the forum isn't Gonzo46... I probably fucked something up when I registered. Anyways, David is my first name and Boda is my last so...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

PeterV

• CAWS - Server Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Well my Username is my Firstname (Peter) and the V is not from victory, but the first later from my surname (Visscher)
I Normally go under the name of Speedy now a days, not because im fast in games but because i owned a Speed triple.

Had had a another one for years and years, WDA_Blade, from my times playing the original Ghost Recon series
with a clan called the WalkingDeadArmy, which was american based and kept me up late in the night.

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
Bobr684.. Took me a while to come up with that..  ;D

My names Rob.. I race and love the R6 and my race number is #84

Always used to play bike games on the xbox360.. As BOBR6.. Lol.

@Grooveski i remember a similar game called "vigilante 8" was brilliant  8) ;D ;D 4player splitscreen haha