• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:23:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Usernames

Started by Grooveski, October 06, 2017, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

You wonder sometimes where folk get their usernames from.
...so for a giggle I thought I'd wonder out loud.  :D

To get the ball rolling:

Groove Champion - Auto Vigilante!  8)
Star of what I'd still rank as one of the most entertaining games I've ever played - Interstate 76.
My heart's racing just looking at a screenshot of it.    ;D  Fond memories!

Was the first game I ever played online - when you connected the first time everyone forgot to enter a name, joined as Groove and got a slagging for it (like <unnamedprofile>  :P )
...so I popped back out the room, added a few letters(always did like names ending in ski - kinda cheery sounding) and popped back in again, thinking 'I'll dream up a good username tomorrow'...

...and here we are - 20 years later.   ::)

Napalm Nick

When I met Linda Lusardi she said I was hot stuff so...... ;D

Then I woke up...

Vietcong : First game I played multiplayer, and went on to form a mutli country clan, competitions and all sorts of great fun. Learning server hosting and commands, writing missions every week etc etc. Made and still have some good friends from it.

https://www.youtube.com/v/M20_jBEVtwc

I hear people are still playing Vietcong even now. An amazing game. So the username is a tribute to those times, always used it not changing now, even if dated and not particularly PC.  Certainly not disrespectful some things should not be forgotten.  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Easy!

My name is Matty, 0L215 was a random selection of character beacuse the username Matty was already taken on Runescape (old Web Java based MMO) but I gave that up years ago and the name just stuck :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Alone

I used to be in a music band. When I created a song that wont be part of our music, I recorded them as Alone.
When I started to play GPBikes in beta 7 (I came from gp500), I saw myself so alone, no AI, no internet at home to play online, that reminds me those tapes, so that's my reason :)

Gzehoo

My real name is Grzegorz, but sometimes it's also pronounced Grzechu and I decided to write it as Gzehoo. This "-oo" should be read the same as in "Yahoo".

Boerenlater

Hello Gregory :D

Boerenlater is Dutch for someone who burps. Because when I was a teenager my sister called me that.
Almost twenty years later it's still my online nick.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

JMTRacing

I just took my initials and put racing at the end  ;D

KG_03

October 06, 2017, 07:32:50 PM #7 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:07:16 PM by KG13
Same here :-) KG is from my initials, 13...because I don't think that its unlucky number :-D
Never had a good idea for a nickname so I kinda took it from VR46, CR7 and so on ;-) Im not original in that matter ;-)

HornetMaX

Easy for me, Max as short for my real name, and Hornet because it has been my first wif.. herm, bike :)

finpower

fin
I have already been my school time as nick get. The first 3 letters of my surname.
because I am in my old (64 years) 8) GP500 of micro prose always with powergames to do, I've called myself finpower.
I will always keep it. :)

greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Warlock

Easy for me, Warlock is the name of my tattoo studio, since year 2000.
Tattoos are (or i see them) in someway magical cos they stay there, alive ! , ... and i'm the one who do the magic, so...  :)

davidboda46

"Gonzo", cause I'm a journo and I like the work of Hunter S Thompson and his Gonzo journalism. #46 is obvious. Can't remember why my name on the forum isn't Gonzo46... I probably fucked something up when I registered. Anyways, David is my first name and Boda is my last so...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

PeterV

Well my Username is my Firstname (Peter) and the V is not from victory, but the first later from my surname (Visscher)
I Normally go under the name of Speedy now a days, not because im fast in games but because i owned a Speed triple.

Had had a another one for years and years, WDA_Blade, from my times playing the original Ghost Recon series
with a clan called the WalkingDeadArmy, which was american based and kept me up late in the night.

BOBR6 84

Bobr684.. Took me a while to come up with that..  ;D

My names Rob.. I race and love the R6 and my race number is #84

Always used to play bike games on the xbox360.. As BOBR6.. Lol.

@Grooveski i remember a similar game called "vigilante 8" was brilliant  8) ;D ;D 4player splitscreen haha

PeterV

ooh i forgot.....when is PiBoSo explaining his name here ?  ;)

Great topic Grooveski.