• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:52 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

I can murder all of you guys on track I bet

Started by theyellowfury, October 11, 2017, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theyellowfury

October 11, 2017, 06:16:46 PM Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:12:29 PM by janaucarre
That is hyperbole and clickbait and not true but the good news is I think I cracked it at twenty past four last night on the Spa circuit, which I knew pretty well already. I was cagey about buying the full game as you can see if you read my first post
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5308.15
And I got some very useful help there. I was doing well on a moto3 last night and decided to try something more crashy. Well by that time I had started the very necessary process of becoming able to think 2 turns ahead, the way you do and 420 seconds past twenty past 4 I was blitzing the track (and crashing some) on the cbr1000. I made a vid of it.
https://www.youtube.com/v/xk47dL0XhP8
Its not that I don't want to embed it properly, its that I don't care enough. Anyone is welcome to re-embed it properly in this thread.
All matter in the universe is condensed irony

Napalm Nick

October 11, 2017, 08:12:47 PM #1 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:14:50 PM by Napalm Nick
Lol well done I would re embed it if I cared enough hahaha

Pfff Janau did it for you lol while I was typing!

But well done YellowMad.  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

theyellowfury

Great so anyone on GMT wanna race? I haven't been able to join an online race successfully yet, it always says 'bike missing' but if anyone wants to friend me on steam and bring me up to speed I'll be able to give you a run for your money. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983992700/

teeds

Get all the bikes and jump into a server with people on. Was on last night with others and will probably be on this evening, not sure what track or bike yet though.

So a bet, how much will you give to charity if I can beat on track then ... ?  ;D

Meyer#12

Quote from: teeds on October 12, 2017, 12:47:32 PM
Get all the bikes and jump into a server with people on. Was on last night with others and will probably be on this evening, not sure what track or bike yet though.

So a bet, how much will you give to charity if I can beat on track then ... ?  ;D

I am in on this one too! :D My bets on you Teeds! ;)
Meyer#12

theyellowfury

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for you guys. Lets leave the betting til we know how good (and/or poor) we all are. And I always use manual anyway ;) Not sure if I'll be around tonight cos I have something to do but chances are..

lbracen8x

I've been on a lot(11pm to 4am GMT) and I'm always up for a race. I'm not great but I'm to the point where I can do multiple laps without crashing. Sad to say however that I can't use the cockpit view; I tried a server that required it and was impossible for me.

theyellowfury

Oh Hey. Well I refuse to use the cockpit even though it is more fun. if there's a tactical advantage in a game I take it. I have a tactical piece of electrical tape marking the crosshair on my monitor for ark  ;D

Become dust

I would love to join in! I'm no champion but I could use some getting used to doing laps with other bikes around me.

Warlock

Quote from: lbracen8x on October 15, 2017, 10:00:10 PMSad to say however that I can't use the cockpit view; I tried a server that required it and was impossible for me.

Then , more practice is needed  :)

Warlock

Quote from: theyellowfury on October 27, 2017, 01:09:41 AM
Oh Hey. Well I refuse to use the cockpit even though it is more fun. if there's a tactical advantage in a game I take it. I have a tactical piece of electrical tape marking the crosshair on my monitor for ark  ;D

I do ride and race always in cockpit view, even if others use 3rd. You can be as competitive as anyone in 3rdP if you know well the track.  ;)

theyellowfury

I don't care about cockpit view, I will always refuse to use it. The only way I ever would, would be if I had feedback from my momentum et al. Its not there in the game or any other so obviously its chase cam or needless difficulty.

Vini

Your cockpit view settings are very important. I would not be able to ride first person with the default settings as well.

finpower

I do not like the cockpit view either.
i like to see the motorcycle and react to it. 8)

if a few people want to drive the cockpit view, they should do it. :P
I can wait to race again to be driven with a motorbike view. ;)

fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

doubledragoncc

Riding in 3rd person is not real at all so why scream to have this and that in GPB to make it a real sim and then ride from behind a bike that is totally unrealistic???

Sorry but 3rd person belongs in GAMES not a real simulation.

Just saying as its up to what anyone wants just my 2 cents worth lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.