• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:02:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Wondering about the future of GpBikes

Started by connorhall70, October 21, 2017, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

Quote from: Hawk on October 24, 2017, 02:39:47 PM

+1 ;)
Agree with everything your saying there except maybe the last paragraph......

I totally understand where your coming from with that statement, but I would rather take the approach of encouraging others to move over to 1p view riding rather than only having the 1p rider view available to riders.... I say this because the niche market for this kind of simulation is small enough as it is, and the niche market for those who would want to ride hardcore 1p view is greatly smaller still and I for one would rather have both types(1p and 3P) of views available to encourage as many riders as possible to want to join in races than have such a restriction..... Besides, if a 1P rider practices enough then they can ride just as fast in 1p as in 3p views, so as far as I'm concerned there is no difference except for the 1p riders dedication in needing more time to practice for 1p views to maintain that same level of speed as the 3p view riders.  :)

Bear in mind that there is also the opinion that your not riding GPBikes as a true simulation unless your using DSA or DST control when riding in GPBikes..... Now that's another step up in reality altogether which only one has achieved so far(Klax75) and another is admirably trying to achieve.... So you have to ask yourself if only 1p view riding is still not using GPBikes as a true simulation? The mind boggles! Hehe! ;D

The last comment was because I know [from over the shoulder observation] that it is far easier to circulate at competitive MotoGP Victoria lap times in 3P view than it is in 1P [1:29s vs 1:33s].

I agree wholeheartedly regarding DSA / DST, however, I am too f'n old to learn how to use a game pad in either of those two modes [remember I am not a game player so I have very little experience with game pads - didn't own one until February of this year]. I do not foresee myself ever developing the manual dexterity required to be able to circulate a track at back marker pace with a game pad [I did manage two (very slow) complete laps of Brno with my sit upon controller but it took me four hours to get to that point].

One of the issues with DSA / DST is a lack of controllers that can realistically mimic what happens in the real world [my sit upon controller does not do this]. The true potential of the GP-Bikes platform will not be fully understood until proper controllers exist [just look at the level of steering wheels and how they have made the driving simulators so much more realistic]. Hopefully the next generation of controllers will get us closer to real world inputs.

With regard to those who are publicly [and needlessly] bashing a phenomenal piece of very complicated software you need to lighten up and not be so emotional. Critics are a dime a dozen, people who can write software that allows a virtual motorcycle to behave in a manner that is consistent with the real world are few and far between.

PiBoSo

Quote from: uberslug on October 24, 2017, 04:12:40 PM
With regard to those who are publicly [and needlessly] bashing a phenomenal piece of very complicated software you need to lighten up and not be so emotional. Critics are a dime a dozen, people who can write software that allows a virtual motorcycle to behave in a manner that is consistent with the real world are few and far between.

Thank you. Complimenting words are not very common.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

KG_03

October 24, 2017, 09:07:37 PM #17 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:10:10 PM by KG13
To play onboard and be as fast as 3p player it is needed to knkw the track and see the blind turns with the eyes of imagination. Still its hard to hit the apex perfectly bcs 3p allows to see with own eyes where is the apex. But lets leave this its off topic. I agree that its the best moment for PiBoSo. New ppl are coming bcs they look for alternative to Shitstone games. The trend is rising but Bike Sim Experience is coming and if it will offer the same options as GP Bikes and will be polished with less bugs than GPB might be in trouble.  Time will show. I wish that it was not like this.. GPB is the best motorcycle game I have ever played.

h106frp

Physics makes a simulation and GPB is the best so far by a coinsiderable degree especially in 1P. Some issues with uphill/downhill inclines but I guess thats on the 'to do' list

Graphics quality makes for immersion, GPB has a very good engine that seems to scale well with model size but we are at the limts of standards that are a decade old. Sound probably fits in this requirement and is basically OK but could be improved upon as its not easy to make nice mod sounds.

Network play stability makes for a community, b12 seems to have introduced a few show stoppers unfortunately.

'best bike sim' is a considerable achievement for a small team - keep going, and thank you to PB for programming it.

connorhall70

Quote from: -aGy- on October 24, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
3p view sucks because you can see far away.1p and 3p servers so its fair.but how about this buggy game engine.. we cant even play online without crashes or lag?and its so ugly but thats not the case.how many years it will take to fix it?i think its unfixable. i like ride 2 but when i play this i hate it. i think piboso now its time to do something with this game or bury it!and stick with two wheels because wrs and what its called karting bla bla sucks!!!!

LAG??? Mate, theres no lag, i have a solid 160-200fps on max and i use vsync with no problem to limit it and to stop my pc trying too hard to run an ez game (for my pc its ez anyway)
if you're on about network lag, when you join a server look at the ping on the right, the lower the better, there is no fix for this, every game will lag if you join a server with 200 ping. EVERY GAME EVER MADE.
GanjaGod

connorhall70

I agree, race starts are bugged to shit. but hes already posted that hes fixed it or at least found a start of fixing it on his daily development thread.
GanjaGod

Vini

October 25, 2017, 11:10:17 AM #21 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:03:17 PM by vini97
the framerate is very good but the lag is there. not only when somebody connects, even with <30ms ping the suspension of other bikes is never tracked smoothly.
i guess it's because the game has to predict the movement of the other bikes to some degree. but maybe it's possible to deactivate it for replays since doesn't need to be real-time?

anyway, goes without saying that gp bikes is incredible for the physics, which is the reason why it's so addicting!
only thing that's a bit off is the uphill/downhill stuff (and maybe the rear tyre grip behaviour but that's probably due to poorly tuned tyre files).
would really like to hear the current status on that issue from piboso.

connorhall70

Quote from: vini97 on October 25, 2017, 11:10:17 AM
the framerate is very good but the lag is there. not only when somebody connects, even with <30ms ping the suspension of other bikes is never tracked smoothly.
i guess it's because the game has to predict the movement of the other bikes to some degree. but maybe it's possible to deactivate it for replays since doesn't need to be real-time?

anyway, goes without saying that gp bikes is incredible for the physics, which is the reason why it's so addicting!
only thing that's a bit off is the uphill/downhill stuff (and maybe the rear tyre grip behaviour but that's probably due to poorly tuned tyre files).
would really like to hear the current status on that issue from piboso.

its hardly an actual issue though, if you use first person, which you're supposed to in most simulators, the uphill downhill stuf is minimal, something he doesnt need to concentrate on right now. you're picking at tiny things that make next to no difference on the actual gameplay. i dont know how bad it is for you, but for me and my mates (all living in the UK) we have no issue with "lag" and its not making you crash or stopping you from being able to race against others so its not really gamebreaking, piboso probably wont even consider looking into this until hes fixed BIGGER issues like the random disqualification. cant even see the other person if they've been DQ'd. so fix that, then fix the visual network issues, if there is any by the time he gets around to it after fixing/improving everything else.
GanjaGod

connorhall70

Quote from: uberslug on October 24, 2017, 04:12:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 24, 2017, 02:39:47 PM

+1 ;)
Agree with everything your saying there except maybe the last paragraph......

I totally understand where your coming from with that statement, but I would rather take the approach of encouraging others to move over to 1p view riding rather than only having the 1p rider view available to riders.... I say this because the niche market for this kind of simulation is small enough as it is, and the niche market for those who would want to ride hardcore 1p view is greatly smaller still and I for one would rather have both types(1p and 3P) of views available to encourage as many riders as possible to want to join in races than have such a restriction..... Besides, if a 1P rider practices enough then they can ride just as fast in 1p as in 3p views, so as far as I'm concerned there is no difference except for the 1p riders dedication in needing more time to practice for 1p views to maintain that same level of speed as the 3p view riders.  :)

Bear in mind that there is also the opinion that your not riding GPBikes as a true simulation unless your using DSA or DST control when riding in GPBikes..... Now that's another step up in reality altogether which only one has achieved so far(Klax75) and another is admirably trying to achieve.... So you have to ask yourself if only 1p view riding is still not using GPBikes as a true simulation? The mind boggles! Hehe! ;D

The last comment was because I know [from over the shoulder observation] that it is far easier to circulate at competitive MotoGP Victoria lap times in 3P view than it is in 1P [1:29s vs 1:33s].

I agree wholeheartedly regarding DSA / DST, however, I am too f'n old to learn how to use a game pad in either of those two modes [remember I am not a game player so I have very little experience with game pads - didn't own one until February of this year]. I do not foresee myself ever developing the manual dexterity required to be able to circulate a track at back marker pace with a game pad [I did manage two (very slow) complete laps of Brno with my sit upon controller but it took me four hours to get to that point].

One of the issues with DSA / DST is a lack of controllers that can realistically mimic what happens in the real world [my sit upon controller does not do this]. The true potential of the GP-Bikes platform will not be fully understood until proper controllers exist [just look at the level of steering wheels and how they have made the driving simulators so much more realistic]. Hopefully the next generation of controllers will get us closer to real world inputs.

I actually disagree with you saying its easier to go faster in third person than it is in first.  I only use an old half broken ps3 controller and i always play in first person. tweaking the settings enough to your own liking in my opinion is essential to feel comfortable in first person. It took me a good 10/15 hours of playing in first person to be able to get used to it where im similar pace as third. Just like real life, braking points, tipping in points, apexes and knowing what i can and cant get away with are what i concentrate on the most. maybe thats just putting real life race craft into a game, i dont know. but i wouldnt go as far to say its "Far easier" in thirdp than it is in first person.

it was never my intention to bash this game, or piboso's efforts. read the original post (if you directed your comment toward me), i was curious of whats to come. imagine GpBikes running as well as it does now using Unreal Engine 4 with all its photorealism things. thats what i meant. i dont have a way to track hours on this game but i can definitely say by now im at least close to 150 hours, if not 200... if i wanted to bash the game at all i wouldnt of played this much of it.
GanjaGod

TimboC137

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 29, 2017, 07:11:14 AM

I actually disagree with you saying its easier to go faster in third person than it is in first
......but i wouldnt go as far to say its "Far easier" in thirdp than it is in first person.

i feel this way, but i haven't put in the hours yet to say. from what i've seen from you, warlock, vini97, DD, and more, you guys seem to manage 1p view pretty well. are you getting beat by 3-4 seconds/lap by 3p riders? i don't think so, but idk.

being "easier" is subjective too. if a person started GPB using 3p view, and put in many hours, that person would be more likely to say 3p is easier. now if a person started GPB using 1p view, and put in many hours, that person would be more likely to say, "why use 3p view at all?"  ;D

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 29, 2017, 07:11:14 AM

it was never my intention to bash this game, or piboso's efforts. read the original post (if you directed your comment toward me), i was curious of whats to come. imagine GpBikes running as well as it does now using Unreal Engine 4 with all its photorealism things. thats what i meant. i dont have a way to track hours on this game but i can definitely say by now im at least close to 150 hours, if not 200... if i wanted to bash the game at all i wouldnt of played this much of it.

i don't think it was directed at you

Become dust

i never liked third person Cam, ruins muh imersion!

-aGy-

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 25, 2017, 10:42:34 AM
3p view sucks because you can see far away.1p and 3p servers so its fair.but how about this buggy game engine.. we cant even play online without crashes or lag?and its so ugly but thats not the case.how many years it will take to fix it?i think its unfixable. i like ride 2 but when i play this i hate it. i think piboso now its time to do something with this game or bury it!and stick with two wheels because wrs and what its called karting bla bla sucks!!!!

LAG??? Mate, theres no lag, i have a solid 160-200fps on max and i use vsync with no problem to limit it and to stop my pc trying too hard to run an ez game (for my pc its ez anyway)
if you're on about network lag, when you join a server look at the ping on the right, the lower the better, there is no fix for this, every game will lag if you join a server with 200 ping. EVERY GAME EVER MADE.

there is internet lag for sure. ihave 150mb connection so its enough. maybe you are only one who dont have lag.

connorhall70

Quote from: -aGy- on November 02, 2017, 10:54:31 AM
Quote from: connorhall70 on October 25, 2017, 10:42:34 AM

If you have 100 ping, doesnt matter how fast your internet is, you're gonna be lagging,
Also it depends on the Hosts UPLOAD speed, if he has shitty internet speeds, than everyone suffers, and the more people join the worse it gets.
there is internet lag for sure. ihave 150mb connection so its enough. maybe you are only one who dont have lag.
GanjaGod