• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Finally get it working (Hardcore Direct Steer Tutorial inside)

Started by poumpouny, October 12, 2017, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

Well eventually I got used to 100% but my lap times were far from perfect and I had to be careful on exits and had to watch out for acceleration.

poumpouny

When playing with gamepad, i'm using 8% of direct lean, and i'm very smooth turning.

KG_03

poumpouny

how i controll it is : when i lean, if i'm in a good trajectory in a hard/mid turn i'm just waiting for the turning point and fully lean with analog stick until maximum lean and release, so the bike lean to maximum and stay at that leaning until i get it straight, if i did it wrong, i adjust my turn using little tap on the analog stick in one or other side until i found the ideal lean .....

I'm doing that because i never manage to control my thumb to give a small gentle movement with the analog stick

KG_03

Yes thats right. Small thumbsticks do not allow percise movements. I have tried to play with  thumbsticks rizers but it didnt help at all.

Become dust

I find thumbstick risers very useful, the issue is that since your thumbsticks are now a few centimeters higher you have more leverage, thus it feels looser. IMO

Become dust

do you know how to program headtracking devices similar how you used your phone cause i got no clue

KG_03

poumpouny

There is a tutorial link in the first page to make a Diy headtracker with your phone (need gyroscope)