• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Wondering about the future of GpBikes

Started by connorhall70, October 21, 2017, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connorhall70

Just wondering if there is any planes in the far future or at all of piboso thinking of improving the look of the game, maybe even taking people on to help him develop the game faster.
i was literally in the shower thinking of GpBikes and how good the game would be (its already my favourite bike game) if the textures were updates, the shading was better, and things like that. i have no clue how he'd go about doing it, but i think its something we can all look forward to in the next few years, at least i hope so anyway.
Im excited for when the games physics are polished enough for him to look into the aesthetics more, as im sure everyone else is...

i know its difficult to improve them without effecting literally everything in the game, bikes would most likely have to be remade, tracks too.
imagine piboso makes victoria again, with new textures etc. and then creates his own trackbuilder which obviously wouldnt be easy, but just imagine. Then goes ahead and puts the track textures, curb textures etcetcetc into it, also allowing people to create their own and post them onto the forum for others to download and use.

with these sorta ideas being used in some way or another i genuinely think GpBikes will be the bike version of assetto corsa, not only looks great but with physics that are spot on.

GanjaGod

guigui404

October 21, 2017, 11:12:10 PM #1 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:14:28 PM by guigui404
ahaha , you may be new to the game , and about model of bikes , PiBoSo don't make it , someone do it , here to see the 125 cc
http://polycount.com/discussion/74811/project-motogp-ktm-125-bike

Hawk

October 22, 2017, 09:43:47 AM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:45:52 AM by Hawk
On this topic alone..... I would say that Piboso needs to make GPBikes into a 64 bit build and upgrade the graphics to at least  an open GL direct X 11 standard with working HDR lighting. But above all, and I know I keep banging on about this(have done for years now), but we really do need the ability to be able to directly export the textures, maps and shaders directly through the GPBikes exporters; the current need to have to create a totally separate shader txt script is to my mind, as a modder, just a nonsense with modern development pipelines.

I know many modders have come into GPBikes over the years and as soon as they see the way Piboso has designed the process for integrating the textures, shaders, and maps, most of them have disappeared and rarely if ever seen again. I'm just surprised Piboso hasn't addressed this issue before now, but it seems to me that he just doesn't want to listen to what we as modders want from his modding tools and merrily goes ahead it seems with his own way of doing things as far as the exporter tools are concerned. Yes he eventually fixes any bugs in the current exporters but, it seems, he will not contemplate a direct export approach of all textures, shaders, maps. I mean what is the real problem in giving us an exporter with this capability Piboso? You've given us an FBX exporter, yet your not making full use of it.... Why?

connorhall70

Quote from: guigui404 on October 21, 2017, 11:12:10 PM
ahaha , you may be new to the game , and about model of bikes , PiBoSo don't make it , someone do it , here to see the 125 cc
http://polycount.com/discussion/74811/project-motogp-ktm-125-bike

im not on about models mate. im on about the actual look of the game, no matter high the models polycount is, it comes down to the engine that makes it actually look good, with reflections and texture resolution/quality.
GanjaGod

guigui404

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 21, 2017, 11:10:20 PM
bikes would most likely have to be remade

Was about this sentence , and i think , no we don't need better graphics , we need PiBoSo to fix major issues

KG_03

The graphics are ok if you look at bikes or tracks like Mid Ohio, Outlon Park, Donington Park or Catalunya...I love them. Of course the game could have a post processing etc but it will influence FPS. I prefer with worse graphics and better physics then opposite like in Milestone games.

Anyway I agree with GuiGui404. There is a space for improvement and bug fixes but better graphics is not a primary thing. I have a feeling that all the elements like modded bikes and tracks do not fit perfectly together, and they could get some final polish from PiBoSo to make them work as they should.

lbracen8x

The graphics are good enough for me, but I still agree with you. Judging from some of the youtube comments I've read I think there's quite a few people who see some of the videos on youtube for gpb, and just can't get past the bad visuals, especially on some of the under developed tracks; I love Cadwell park but man is it rough on the eyes. My love for this game is the physics and it's something I can't get from other games, so I hope that there is indeed a bright future for this game and its community.

Tosteetos

There are so many things that can be fixed in this game that should be a priority. Actually the graphics aren't bad at all if you take a close look. I would much rather PiBoSo spends the time on fixing all the little frustrating issues and keeps building on the physics model. Take a more polished track like Nurburgring, run a few clean laps, replay and see how beautiful this game looks. How the bike interacts with the rider and environment is mesmerizing. This game is really about the physics.

I'm with Hawk, fix the issues that will attract more users and modders. Take away the frustrations of just picking this game up and making it work. Only like that will we see this community flourish. The people that actually stay in this game are because they are amazingly passionate about bikes, racing and track riding, and PATIENT as fuck (pardon my French).

I'm going to stop talking cause I get pissed every time I think about what GPB can be and what it is not. 

Warlock

Quote from: Tosteetos on October 24, 2017, 03:05:36 AM
There are so many things that can be fixed in this game that should be a priority. Actually the graphics aren't bad at all if you take a close look. I would much rather PiBoSo spends the time on fixing all the little frustrating issues and keeps building on the physics model. Take a more polished track like Nurburgring, run a few clean laps, replay and see how beautiful this game looks. How the bike interacts with the rider and environment is mesmerizing. This game is really about the physics.

I'm with Hawk, fix the issues that will attract more users and modders. Take away the frustrations of just picking this game up and making it work. Only like that will we see this community flourish. The people that actually stay in this game are because they are amazingly passionate about bikes, racing and track riding, and PATIENT as fuck (pardon my French).

I'm going to stop talking cause I get pissed every time I think about what GPB can be and what it is not.

Totally agree.

connorhall70

Ehhh nothing is really that bad for me? I ride in first person and I cant think of anything that is absolutely terrible about the game. I'm not gonna talk about how modded bikes and tracks work, because thats not piboso's own work. I was mainly talking about the base game itself. I never said the game looked disgusting, or anything like that.

Maybe I've learnt to ride around the issues, I don't know. But for me the game is not frustrating at all in any way. The only thing i can imagine being frustrating for some is that Modded bikes and tracks take ages to download and install thanks to MEGA's 6 hour limit on downloads, but that's not even the game's fault, lol.

Edit: Fact that it needs LAA To run bigger tracks? lol
GanjaGod

uberslug

My [nearly worthless] two cents.

With the exception of a few solitaire games I am not, and never have been, a computer gamer. I was of driving age when the neighbor got their first Atari with Pong on it. I grew up participating in swimming and cycling [bicycles] so I never saw the appeal of sitting inside 'playing' in a virtual world until I saw a review of GP-Bikes. I immediately downloaded it and purchased a license as it looked as though the physics within the simulator were very close to what I experienced on both bicycles [amateur and professional racing] and motorcycles [CB350, KZ440, VFR700F2, CBR600F4, CBR929RR (favorite), and CBR1000RR].

With a few exceptions I am quite impressed with the simulator. While the graphics are not as flashy as some of the more main stream car / bike simulators, they are more than adequate to give a visceral feeling of riding. GP-Bikes is an impressive piece of software development [have done my share of programming] and Piboso [et al] has [have] done an amazing job capturing many of the nuances one experiences / sees / feels when pushing a two wheeled vehicle to its limits.

Areas that I think need improvement:

Race Starting - Has been beaten nearly to death on other threads but this one issue is a killer - Riding around alone on a track is diverting, pitting one's skills against other's is enthralling

Modding - Bike / Track Modding needs to be simpler with dedicated soup to nuts tools specifically written for GP-Bikes [it took me nearly six hours, four pieces of software, three web pages, and a forum thread to create my own paint scheme for a Moto 3 bike]

Comprehensive Documentation - For everything from Bike Set Up, to Modding, to Writing Plug-Ins

Eliminate Third Person View - It's a simulator, not a game...

Hawk

October 24, 2017, 02:39:47 PM #11 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:47:54 PM by Hawk
Quote from: uberslug on October 24, 2017, 12:07:05 PM
My [nearly worthless] two cents.

With the exception of a few solitaire games I am not, and never have been, a computer gamer. I was of driving age when the neighbor got their first Atari with Pong on it. I grew up participating in swimming and cycling [bicycles] so I never saw the appeal of sitting inside 'playing' in a virtual world until I saw a review of GP-Bikes. I immediately downloaded it and purchased a license as it looked as though the physics within the simulator were very close to what I experienced on both bicycles [amateur and professional racing] and motorcycles [CB350, KZ440, VFR700F2, CBR600F4, CBR929RR (favorite), and CBR1000RR].

With a few exceptions I am quite impressed with the simulator. While the graphics are not as flashy as some of the more main stream car / bike simulators, they are more than adequate to give a visceral feeling of riding. GP-Bikes is an impressive piece of software development [have done my share of programming] and Piboso [et al] has [have] done an amazing job capturing many of the nuances one experiences / sees / feels when pushing a two wheeled vehicle to its limits.

Areas that I think need improvement:

Race Starting - Has been beaten nearly to death on other threads but this one issue is a killer - Riding around alone on a track is diverting, pitting one's skills against other's is enthralling

Modding - Bike / Track Modding needs to be simpler with dedicated soup to nuts tools specifically written for GP-Bikes [it took me nearly six hours, four pieces of software, three web pages, and a forum thread to create my own paint scheme for a Moto 3 bike]

Comprehensive Documentation - For everything from Bike Set Up, to Modding, to Writing Plug-Ins

Eliminate Third Person View - It's a simulator, not a game...

+1 ;)
Agree with everything your saying there except maybe the last paragraph......

I totally understand where your coming from with that statement, but I would rather take the approach of encouraging others to move over to 1p view riding rather than only having the 1p rider view available to riders.... I say this because the niche market for this kind of simulation is small enough as it is, and the niche market for those who would want to ride hardcore 1p view is greatly smaller still and I for one would rather have both types(1p and 3P) of views available to encourage as many riders as possible to want to join in races than have such a restriction..... Besides, if a 1P rider practices enough then they can ride just as fast in 1p as in 3p views, so as far as I'm concerned there is no difference except for the 1p riders dedication in needing more time to practice for 1p views to maintain that same level of speed as the 3p view riders.  :)

Bear in mind that there is also the opinion that your not riding GPBikes as a true simulation unless your using DSA or DST control when riding in GPBikes..... Now that's another step up in reality altogether which only one has achieved so far(Klax75) and another is admirably trying to achieve.... So you have to ask yourself if only 1p view riding is still not using GPBikes as a true simulation? The mind boggles! Hehe! ;D

-aGy-

3p view sucks because you can see far away.1p and 3p servers so its fair.but how about this buggy game engine.. we cant even play online without crashes or lag?and its so ugly but thats not the case.how many years it will take to fix it?i think its unfixable. i like ride 2 but when i play this i hate it. i think piboso now its time to do something with this game or bury it!and stick with two wheels because wrs and what its called karting bla bla sucks!!!!

-aGy-

Quote from: guigui404 on October 23, 2017, 10:59:55 AM
Quote from: connorhall70 on October 21, 2017, 11:10:20 PM
bikes would most likely have to be remade

Was about this sentence , and i think , no we don't need better graphics , we need PiBoSo to fix major issues
he cant because he dont understand how to fix it!

-aGy-

Quote from: Tosteetos on October 24, 2017, 03:05:36 AM

agree but piboso cant fix this because its allready broken!!