• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:28:40 PM

Track Moddel specs

Started by Alex_Logan_3D, January 16, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Logan_3D

Just after some info really.

How are the tracks used in the game, chopped into blocks or the whole thing?
Would I have a single ribbon of track or would that but split up into segments of certain poly counts?

Textures:
maximum/minimum resolution?
Does it support blend materials?
Normal/bump/Spec maps?

How are trees handled? Do you make your own or take the ones from the game?

Any other info I have missed?

I may try and knock out a model of Jerez, it shouldnt take too long as it's a fairly small track and from what i've read in the forum it's wanted but no ones is still making it.
Freelance 3D Artist - 2011 Z750R rider

neoraptor

You have some informations on the wiki from PiBoSo : http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules

For the other questions, I can't really help you as I don't have made a track yet ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

LauZzZn

Take another look at this here http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1808.0
This should answer all your questions.

neoraptor

Wow, that is really good link !!  :D

Do you know other ressources from KRP that could be useful for GPB?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

iVolution

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 16, 2014, 12:16:16 PM
Take another look at this here http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1808.0
This should answer all your questions.
That's a good link indeed. I am considering to learn this skill myself as I do have some experience with graphical software and tried some 3d modelling myself. This information provides a good starting point as I do not have a clue yet where to begin. Now all I need is some spare time and off we go  ;D

Alex_Logan_3D

Some excellent info there - Thanks for the links. Hopefully I can allocate some time in my evenings to this.

Hawk

Quote from: neoraptor on January 16, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
Wow, that is really good link !!  :D

Do you know other ressources from KRP that could be useful for GPB?

I absolutely agree. Excellent source of information! ;D

Maybe it would be possible for one of the admins to copy those threads from the KRP forum and put them in a GP Bikes Forum Mod Section? That would be very useful. ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 16, 2014, 02:32:31 PM
Maybe it would be possible for one of the admins to copy those threads from the KRP forum and put them in a GP Bikes Forum Mod Section? That would be very useful. ;D

Done: Useful track creation resources

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 16, 2014, 04:21:19 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 16, 2014, 02:32:31 PM

Done: Useful track creation resources

MaX.

Great job! Thanks, Max! ;)

Alex_Logan_3D

I haven't seen any info on the pages provided about segment limits and etc. I've read it on the Isle of Man page though. Could someone explain the rules for this for me?
Once I've made Jerez i'm thinking i'll have to go through and break it up into segments of certain poly amounts due to the rendering engine?

Hawk

Quote from: Alex_Logan_3D on January 17, 2014, 10:37:18 AM
I haven't seen any info on the pages provided about segment limits and etc. I've read it on the Isle of Man page though. Could someone explain the rules for this for me?
Once I've made Jerez i'm thinking i'll have to go through and break it up into segments of certain poly amounts due to the rendering engine?

Yes, I'm wondering about this too. I model the track surface as one whole object, is this wrong? Do I have to break up the track surface into segments? And if so, what are the rules regarding that?

LauZzZn

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 17, 2014, 03:52:32 PM

Yes, I'm wondering about this too. I model the track surface as one whole object, is this wrong? Do I have to break up the track surface into segments? And if so, what are the rules regarding that?
you dont need to do that

Hawk

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 17, 2014, 04:16:37 PM

you dont need to do that

Hi LauZzZn :)

I appreciate your reply, but I don't understand your answer from the question I asked.

I ask clarification on your answer above. I don't need to model the track as one whole object? Or I don't need to break the track up into segments? Which one don't I need to do? :)

LauZzZn

I appreciate your reply, but I don't understand your answer from the question I asked.

I ask clarification on your answer above. I don't need to model the track as one whole object? Or I don't need to break the track up into segments? Which one don't I need to do? :)
[/quote]

You dont need to break it up. it doesnt bring any performance with it just more mess in 3ds max..

Hawk

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 17, 2014, 05:09:45 PM

You dont need to break it up. it doesnt bring any performance with it just more mess in 3ds max..

Thanks LauZzZn. That's what I was thinking; I thought it would be a strange thing to have to split the track object into segments.lol

Thanks for the knowledge LauZzZn ;) ;D