• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:37:47 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Moto 3 Tire Temperatures / Pressures...

Started by uberslug, October 28, 2017, 05:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

So I have been playing around with tire pressures in an attempt to get more heat into the tires, but, it seems as though no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to get the medium front / hard rear combination to get anywhere above the 58 to 63 degree range [I might see an 80 degree temperature on a side after a long sweeping turn to that side - tire temperature is checked immediately after 15 or so laps and the inevitable crash].

Is there a primer on Moto 3 Tire Temperatures / Pressures in another thread? I did find some guidelines for Moto GP but I can't imagine they are comparable.

The reason I ask is that my best medium / hard tire lap times are only about two tenths slower than my best soft / soft lap times. The softies definitely get hot and go off after a number of laps but the medium / hard combination maintains its grip until I make a mistake or have an off lap. If my lap time is two or three seconds slower then it feels as though my grip level drops pretty significantly and it takes a couple of laps to get it back.

Napalm Nick

Run a testing session in debug mode so you can monitor the temperatures in real time. Is it the same?

What are your session air and track temperatures?

What do you mean by primer?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

uberslug

Will give debug mode a try.

Primer = a short informative piece of writing

Napalm Nick

Ok thanks.
Do you mean a list of ideal temperatures and pressures for the bikes like I have done in some release threads?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

The Moto 3 release now holds Optimum Tyre information.

Seems the temperatures you were getting are just about right?

uberslug

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 28, 2017, 05:53:45 PM
Ok thanks.
Do you mean a list of ideal temperatures and pressures for the bikes like I have done in some release threads?

Yes.

uberslug

October 28, 2017, 08:40:05 PM #6 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:48:59 PM by uberslug
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 28, 2017, 07:55:10 PM
The Moto 3 release now holds Optimum Tyre information.

Seems the temperatures you were getting are just about right?

I ran a shortish test in debug mode, very informative. Temperatures seem to hover right around 60. I am assuming the diminishing black bars indicate how much tire life is left. I have run all of my tests at 20 degrees C but will try different temperatures in the near future.

Where would I find the Optimum Tyre Information [sometimes I am as blind as a bat].

Napalm Nick

uberslug

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 28, 2017, 08:51:15 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5198.msg79483#msg79483  8) ;)

I guess I should pay more attention to the announcements. I downloaded the bikes after I saw they had been uploaded.

Thank you.