Author Topic: head tracking device for input  (Read 1510 times)

Become dust

• View Profile
head tracking device for input
« on: October 30, 2017, 04:48:39 PM »
does anyone know how I can use my head tracking device for controls input?
I use something called Facetrack noir, and I was wondering if you guys how I can utilize my head tracking device for well, input....

the facetracknoir can have up to 2 tracker sources which allow for 2 types of outputs that is labeled "game protocol"

naturally, i can control the ingame "view" as it would in default. which I do.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:06:20 PM by Become dust »

Become dust

• View Profile
Re: head tracking device for input
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
if, anyone know anything about such controls setup i basically want to know how i to convert my head track input to rider inputs, have no clue how to do it tho, would like to know how.

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
I use EdTracker for body movement by just setting it in gpb input 1 page for left/right and forward/back lean.

Try it out with Facetrack noir?

If Facetrack noir is recognised in windows as a normal control device it should work.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »
I use EdTracker for body movement by just setting it in gpb input 1 page for left/right and forward/back lean.

Try it out with Facetrack noir?

If Facetrack noir is recognised in windows as a normal control device it should work.

DD

well the issue is that i do not know how to... "bind" my facetracknoir movment to the rider movment as you mention above would like love to know how to, if facetrack noir proves failure i might try the software you use

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »
Its not software I use, it is the hardware, EdTracker PRO Wireless headtracking unit.

I will make a video to show you in the next few days

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
Its not software I use, it is the hardware, EdTracker PRO Wireless headtracking unit.

I will make a video to show you in the next few days

DD

hmm.... interesting the "hardware" I use is called a "Delanclip" and apparently does not show up as a device, which is odd.. I am able to you know "look around" while it is in use but I have no clue how to do "lean" even though all axis can be utilized if that makes sense.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 08:18:43 PM »
Well Edtracker uses Opentrack, you can use the Delanclip with opentrack too so that is the first thing you want to sort out. Once you use open track I think windows will see it as a controller? Then it should be able to be calibrated in gpb so you can then asign it to rider lean in the inputs page

DD

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:49 PM »
Well Edtracker uses Opentrack, you can use the Delanclip with opentrack too so that is the first thing you want to sort out. Once you use open track I think windows will see it as a controller? Then it should be able to be calibrated in gpb so you can then asign it to rider lean in the inputs page

DD

Thank you very much i will test it out as soon as possible, just find it odd i cannot uterlize tracknoir....

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
interresting... opentrack and tracknoir are basically identical in software.... im doing something wrong here and i dont know what it could be, i will look forward to the video you will upload and hopefully explain how to set it up, i can look around.. cant lean tho with headtracker

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »
Check opentrack, it may do what you need.

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 09:08:05 PM »
Check opentrack, it may do what you need.

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases

Thanks, i tested it, as written above they are practically identical :/ anyways looks like i will be off to bed with a defeat :<

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 05:48:16 AM »
Open track only cannot output head tracker into a "joystick" wich is needed to be assigned as a control, i'm using Freepie wich take the open track output than convert it as a joystick via a freepie script.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/201647-using-opentrack-with-android-phone-for-headtracking/

Edit : open track can output a "Vjoy" output but i never managed to make it work, that's why i used freepie !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:50:03 AM by poumpouny »

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »
Open track only cannot output head tracker into a "joystick" wich is needed to be assigned as a control, i'm using Freepie wich take the open track output than convert it as a joystick via a freepie script.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/201647-using-opentrack-with-android-phone-for-headtracking/

Edit : open track can output a "Vjoy" output but i never managed to make it work, that's why i used freepie !

yeah tracknoir does have Vjoy aswell but does not register aswell :/

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »

Hmm, I think I recall the same thing: opentrack should be able to output to a joystick but it wasn't working.
For EDTracker it's not a problem, as its output is a joystick already.

The strange thing is that with EDTracker I can use vJoy + Joystick Gremlin and it works fine in GPB (controlling rider lean via the virtual joystick driven by EDTracker).
Maybe worth a bug report on opentrack , the dev is very active.

@ddcc: how you're doing it ?

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »
I don't know if it's a bug or it's me but i will be happy if someone manage to get it working, that way i could get rid of too much software layer and the lag it produce.