• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

head tracking device for input

Started by Become dust, October 30, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on October 31, 2017, 08:49:06 AM
I don't know if it's a bug or it's me but i will be happy if someone manage to get it working, that way i could get rid of too much software layer and the lag it produce.
If there's any lag it's coming from the tracking, not for the layers like virtual joysticks etc.

Become dust

October 31, 2017, 08:53:22 AM #16 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:25:44 AM by Become dust
Quote from: poumpouny on October 31, 2017, 08:49:06 AM
I don't know if it's a bug or it's me but i will be happy if someone manage to get it working, that way i could get rid of too much software layer and the lag it produce.

Iwould like to just have it function :D its difficult controlling all the bike and rider inputs with just two thumps

doubledragoncc

For me it is real easy just have to calibrate it in the EdTracker UI and then same in GPB then simply assign it to rider lean

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Become dust

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 31, 2017, 11:37:22 AM
For me it is real easy just have to calibrate it in the EdTracker UI and then same in GPB then simply assign it to rider lean

DD

:o but how... do i... "assign" it... somehow this is a difficult task for me XD also what are your opentrack settings?

Become dust

nvm i managed to make opentrack work i did the binds will be testing it now

Become dust

Quote from: Become dust on October 31, 2017, 05:07:23 PM
nvm i managed to make opentrack work i did the binds will be testing it now

interresting factor... how many controllers is the game able to register? like devices? gamepad, software devices headtrackers etc? interrestingly when i managed to make Vjoy function my controller disapeared on the list of controller profiles on gpbikes...

doubledragoncc

I have 2 Edtrackers and although Windows sees both as seperate due to ID numbers I am still trying to get both to work at the same time in GPB

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Become dust

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 31, 2017, 05:29:15 PM
I have 2 Edtrackers and although Windows sees both as seperate due to ID numbers I am still trying to get both to work at the same time in GPB

DD

hmm... interresting... i cant have both programs runnin, also facetracknoir vjoy function does not work somehow

Become dust

Welp i made it function, but in the expense of my headtracking cam controll

doubledragoncc

I find that as I can move my body it also means it IS moving your view and in a way prefer it over head tracking.

DD

Become dust

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 31, 2017, 10:17:03 PM
I find that as I can move my body it also means it IS moving your view and in a way prefer it over head tracking.

DD

That is a valid point.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 31, 2017, 10:17:03 PM

DD
Hmm, but rider movement do not actually turn your head.
Are you using the default corner anticipation ?

doubledragoncc

Not sure Max

It just more important to me to sort out rider movement as it effects the bike than head movement.

I will figure it out together with Dan from EdTracker who can do wonders

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 01, 2017, 12:28:45 PM
I will figure it out together with Dan from EdTracker who can do wonders

Not sure if he can do much if the problem is GPB being not capable of seeing two different edtracker devices at the same time.
Maybe you should use vJoy to remap the two EdTrackers to two "joysticks", as GPB normally handles well multiple input devices at the same time.

When I wanted to try to use the edtracker as input device (for rider lean or even for bike lean) I wanted to fine tune the response curves so for me it wasn't enough to use edtracker as is (seen by gpb as a joystick). I wanted to use Joystick Gremlin to alter the curves and this makes me use vJoy. Bit overcomplicated, but it works. So you may be able to use vjoy (you don't strictly need joystick gremlin, unless you want to fine tune the curves etc) to "remap" the two edtrackers to two new joysticks and assign them to functions in GPB.

Actually I think what you need is to to have 1 edtracker remapped to a joystick (for body movements) and one edtracker for head tracking (no need for vjoy here, just opentrack).

doubledragoncc

Thanks for advice Max

Real busy right now so will be done when I get time lol

DD