• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:20:25 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Finally ...

Started by HornetMaX, October 30, 2017, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Yeah, the screen is staring at me and me at it.
But it gives me the time to ponder replacing the 970 with something with a bit more punch :)

PeterV

HornetMaX

If I can give an advice, be sure to read a serious review (tftcentral, pcmonitors etc) of anything you compare/buy for that kind of money.

I pondered a long time between VA and IPS and despite the fact VA tech has its own issues, I don't think I'd be able to stand the problem IPS displays have (IPS glow and backlight bleed). But it's a very personal decision, so each his own :)

I didn't test it enough but the major problem of my monitor (and of most VA panels), i.e. ghosting, didn't seem visible to me in cod4 (only fast paced game I play, somebody dragged me into PUBG but that's really something else). I came from a 120Hz monitor and going back to 100Hz also wasn't noticeabe (but 60Hz no thx, ever).

After that, it depends on what you play: 3440x1440 can be taxing on GPU intensive games so you'll need a top-of-the-notch GPU to go with (eyeballing it, I'd say nothing less than a 1070 or a Vega 56).

connorhall70

Great monitor, looks smaller than 35 inch though? haha maybe its just the picture :D 

The ONLY thing i personally dislike is that its mva. im a movie freak its all i do in my spare time so i went with IPS. i have a 2560x1080 29 inch.

looks great though hope you enjoy it :D
GanjaGod

HornetMaX

Quote from: connorhall70 on November 05, 2017, 03:16:54 PM
Great monitor, looks smaller than 35 inch though? haha maybe its just the picture :D 
It's 35 but it's ultrawide (21:9) so it's less tall than a 35 16:9.

Quote from: connorhall70 on November 05, 2017, 03:16:54 PM
The ONLY thing i personally dislike is that its mva. im a movie freak its all i do in my spare time so i went with IPS. i have a 2560x1080 29 inch.
No issue for me, I've got a tv in the living room for that.
[Now that I think about it, I may want to update the tv too :) ]

connorhall70

i know how 21:9 looks just compared to your keyboard it looks small haha, my friend is a simracer and his monitor is 34 inch and looks WAAAAAAAAAY bigger than your picture makes it look haha
GanjaGod

HornetMaX

I have a big keyboard (K90) :)

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 09, 2017, 07:41:05 PM

I bet you say that to all the ladies  :-*

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on November 09, 2017, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 09, 2017, 07:41:05 PM

I bet you say that to all the ladies  :-*
I'm obliged: I have shitty cars and bikes do not seem to attract ladies anymore ... you have a better chance if you own the latest iPhone. Sad world ...

PeterV

Lol @ Max and so threw about the phones, i h8 the bloody things, ooh that is probably why i am single then.

I did decide Max and i also got the AOC AG352UCG and to go with it a Nvidia GTX 1080TI Strix edition, which i received today.
Will let you know my thoughts after i used it for some time.

HornetMaX

I'm still waiting for the bloody RMA of my ram to get handled  >:(
Out of rage I bought a 1080 in the while (second hand, quite a good deal, still waiting for it to come in).

One annoying thing about the ag352ucg: it has built in speakers but the audio must come from the HDMI cable (which usually you don't want to use, as you need the displayport one to get 100Hz at 3440x1440).
It's very annoying in my case and with my current setup, the external desktop speakers are cut off as soon as I plug my headset in the front panel. With the ag352ucg I can't do that as the audio doesn't come from the soundcard (or onboard chipset).

This is plain stupid: a simple audio cable would do the job better than the HDMI audio, especially since the monitor already has an audio cable (for the microphone, as you can plug your headset directly to the monitor).

I could have eliminated my desktop speakers if it wasn't for that detail.

PeterV

I set sound from the monitor too 0 volume, i use the desktop 7.1 system (Soundblaster Z) when playing solo, otherwise its the headset that also connects in the front of my computer case and disables the desktop speakers. And yes Display Port it is, we want 3449x1440@100hz.

And yes not tried connecting headset too monitor yet, but how simple things can make a person happy....the moveable  arm thingy on the right of the monitor.....so handy too hang up the headphones on, hehe