• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:25 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

How to add mods in beta12...safest way....I think

Started by doubledragoncc, October 31, 2017, 09:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

October 31, 2017, 09:39:39 PM Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:58:31 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys thought it best to explain it a bit more and what way I find safest to not disturb your profile etc etc

You must first download the mods................DOH

Track Database: Track Database

Bike Database: Bike Database

Helmet Database: Helmet Database

Paints Database: Paints Database

Riders Database: Riders Database

Go to the GP Bikes Tracks folder and right click on the track you want to download and then select Standard Download

You must make an extra folder for your mods, for example I make a folder on C drive and call it "gpb" then I make a folder in that called "mods". Now in the mods folder make a folder each for "tracks", "bikes", "rider" and "tyres" make sure to name them as I have or GPBikes wont recognise them.

Then add the following to the core.ini file in your GP Bikes install folder
:
[mods]
folder=c:\gpb\mods\

You also need to unpack the original "misc" folder in your GPBikes install folder and add mods to that folde, this is becaus misc mods dont aleays work if outside the install folder. Dashes, Stands and Effects  go in the misc folder

If a mod will not show ingame make sure you dont have a mod in a mod names folder, ie:  tracks/ Le Mans/Le Mans/ all track files. This can happen when unpacking the mod.

If you run a server, all you need to do if it is on the same computer is add the mod lines to the server core.ini and it will use your gpb games mods so you dont have to do it all again!!!

Hope this helps someone and I am sure I forgot something or other lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

ziyaad

hi, need some help plz. Im trying to install the mods on gpb12 but...... when i make the changes to the core.ini file it does not allow me to save the changes.
says im not the owner of this file, what do i do?

Joeski

Thanks DD

This method really needs tidying up if we want more people to get involved with GPB.
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

doubledragoncc

Quote from: ziyaad on November 29, 2017, 07:27:27 PM
hi, need some help plz. Im trying to install the mods on gpb12 but...... when i make the changes to the core.ini file it does not allow me to save the changes.
says im not the owner of this file, what do i do?

You have to right click on the GPB install folder select properties/Security/ user account then click edit, select user account again and check the ALLOW boxes the apply it

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

An alternative to having to edit the core.ini file would be to use 'mklink /J...' at the command line as an administrator to create a symbolic link between a mods directory and the various gpbikes directories.

I have all of my servers using centralized bikes, tyres, and tracks directories.

My directory structure:

C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesServer_01 through ..._06
C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesResources\bikes
C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesResources\tracks
C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesResources\tyres

I created a 'bikes' directory in GPBikesServer_01 with this command:

'mklink /J C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesServer_01\bikes C:\GPBikesServers\GPBikesResources\bikes'

This way I only have to add content to the GPBikesResources directories and the various servers believe they have the files within their default directory structure.

I use the same technique on my sim computer and even use it for my page hosting in my /htdocs directory.