• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:20:52 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Display Stutter...

Started by uberslug, November 04, 2017, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

So I removed NVidia Driver Version 3.88.00 and installed MSI Driver Version 3.79.06 and my stuttering issue seems to be resolved.

The only downside is a drop in NovaBench GPU Score from 992 - 161 FPS - 7158 GFlops to 803 - 117 FPS - 5784 GFlops.

GP-Bikes performance seems to not be affected at all so I think I am good to go.

doubledragoncc

3.88.00 is not the newest, I have 3.88.13 which came out quick to fix issues with the one you had so maybe give it a try?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

I will give 3.88.13 a shot.

It may have been my imagination last evening, but, I noticed the stuttering when I had the Connection Speed set to 'Very High' instead of just 'High'. It was the only change I made to the Settings after the previous evening's travails. After a few laps of increasing frequency of stutters I changed it back and the stuttering went away.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on November 10, 2017, 03:53:25 PM
It may have been my imagination last evening, but, I noticed the stuttering when I had the Connection Speed set to 'Very High' instead of just 'High'. It was the only change I made to the Settings after the previous evening's travails. After a few laps of increasing frequency of stutters I changed it back and the stuttering went away.
I think that setting should only be relevant when playing online. Do you have stuttering testing (offline) ?

uberslug

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 10, 2017, 04:16:16 PM
Quote from: uberslug on November 10, 2017, 03:53:25 PM
I think that setting should only be relevant when playing online. Do you have stuttering testing (offline) ?

I was having the stuttering issue both on and off line when the connection speed was set to very high. I set it to high during my troubleshooting in an attempt to normalize the settings. I was not adhering to the 'only change one thing at a time' axiom at the time so I have no evidence whether or not the stuttering issue has a causative or correlative relationship with the connection speed setting.

I may do some actual testing this weekend to see if I can replicate the issue.

uberslug

November 12, 2017, 05:21:43 PM #20 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:40:14 PM by uberslug
I installed v3.88.13. The micro stuttering came back although it was not nearly as bad as it was with v3.88.00.

I have since reinstalled v3.76.09 as it seems to work better with GP-Bikes. Overall NovaBench results are down but I can live with that.