• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:47:18 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MotoGP e-Sport finals

Started by KG_03, November 10, 2017, 04:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Dont think it will happen as GPB is the least developed sim of the 4 and is always last on Pibosos list of priorities so guess another company will snap up the chance to get there.

Its the one type of sim there are no competitors for and is most needed. From what Jorge said to me at the demo at Silverstone, Dorna wants to get to the same stage as F1 with simulation usage. Times are changing and it will take a dedicated motorcycle simulation to get the ball rolling as it needs to be.

eSports is only a taste of what is coming to the racing and simulation industry.

Its Milestones own fault if they wont get up to date with the real world simulation needs, and the same for anyone who wont listen to the needs of the motorcycle simulation community.

You snooze, you lose!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

I remember some time ago was something like Nissan GT Academy. As far as I am oriented Nissan picked up the best car simulation gamers and put them in real cars to race. It was great. Thats why I hope that Dorna will push the idea further but will choose more realistic game. Over the years Milestone showed that all they want is to earn money and are not interested in realism.

For me the eSport race was very enjoyable only because I know the feeling of online motorcycle racing and how hard it is to manage the nerves. I wish to see the players really struggling to fight for win, like we do in GP Bikes. It was just a small taste of e-sport with players that spent a lot of time playing this one game in a mode that has only one thing in common with MotoGP - motorcycles.

Unfortunately as DD said GP Bikes may not be chosen because it develops too slow, what is a big shame because it is the best motorcycle racing game I have ever played.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 11, 2017, 10:40:01 PM
That's going to really screw up the reputation of those eSport Milestone MotoGP riders then. Lol! ;D :-X

Love to see them riding here in GPbike races to see how they faired against our best riders.... Me thinks they would be pretty deflated pretty fast. Lol!

Having said that, I've no doubt that with plenty of practice they could adapt to GPbikes too.  ;) 8)
Alibaskins was #1 here and also in Ride: he won two bikes (real bikes I mean, an MT07 and an MT09 if I recall correctly) in online competitions sponsored by Milestone and a local (french) videogames distributor.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 12, 2017, 11:42:45 AM
That's going to really screw up the reputation of those eSport Milestone MotoGP riders then. Lol! ;D :-X

Love to see them riding here in GPbike races to see how they faired against our best riders.... Me thinks they would be pretty deflated pretty fast. Lol!

Having said that, I've no doubt that with plenty of practice they could adapt to GPbikes too.  ;) 8)
Alibaskins was #1 here and also in Ride: he won two bikes (real bikes I mean, an MT07 and an MT09 if I recall correctly) in online competitions sponsored by Milestone and a local (french) videogames distributor.

Nice to hear.... Well done Ali! ;D 8)

Difference there is that Alibaskins was king of GPBikes way before those other abominations appeared on the market, so I suspect he found it easy as pie to win those.....

I was talking about the eSport event Milestone MotoGP riders who've never ridden in GPbikes before; they would get a rude initial awakening if they think they could perform the same way in GPBikes, but as I said, with practice who knows, they may become good riders in GPBikes too but it would require a different approach to their riding in my opinion otherwise they'd be crashing all the time . ;)

KG_03

Its a matter of practice and changing the approach. It took me one month of practice to get into the game. Anyway thanks to possibility to change FOV the onboard competition is much easier.

BOBR6 84

Im surprised pistol73 didn't win to be honest.. hes been unbeatable for the best part of the last decade online.. used to race with him and a few others on xbox alot. still.. trip to valencia for the GP isnt a raw deal fair play to them all  :)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on November 12, 2017, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 12, 2017, 11:42:45 AM

Nice to hear.... Well done Ali! ;D 8)

Difference there is that Alibaskins was king of GPBikes way before those other abominations appeared on the market, so I suspect he found it easy as pie to win those.....

I was talking about the eSport event Milestone MotoGP riders who've never ridden in GPbikes before; they would get a rude initial awakening if they think they could perform the same way in GPBikes, but as I said, with practice who knows, they may become good riders in GPBikes too but it would require a different approach to their riding in my opinion otherwise they'd be crashing all the time . ;)

they could pick it up easy enough  ;) trouble is, not everybody wants an 8year old beta on the PC.. besides GPB is alot easier now anyway.. when i first tried it i was forever tucking the front on the brakes.. all tame now lol

Phathry25

Picture of GP Bikes forum members reacting to moto GP e sport finals. I thought it was great. More entertaining that I had expected. Perfect? No, but I'm happy how much they've embraced the gaming community and not made us out to be the bunch of nerds we are.

Napalm Nick

Lol yep cave dwellers. Mind you I think the Alpha was prehistoric no?

I enjoyed it and the Touring Car one. Its all a step in the right direction. The F12017 one is due soon so will have a peek at that too.

Next year it will be GPBikes Rodders!   8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Bit of Dellboy coming out of you Nick lol. Just watched the WHOLE series from start to finish lol. This time next year we'll be millionaire Rodders lmao.

Pistol 73 was well cool at Silverstone. I really hope he gets into GPBikes and we get to ride online ONCE P uses the fixes he has been working on.

Mike and I have been thinking of a bit of RIDE2 championship for fun until beta13...................13 is a dangerous number lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.