• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Cannot join online race. Models and texture loading issue ?

Started by tchemi, November 12, 2017, 05:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Hello everyone.

I tryed to join a IMT server yesterday. It was the one on Aragon with WSBK 2017.

I was unable to join. I tried multiple times, I played with the texture loading mode in gpbikes.ini but nothing helped me.
Every time I join the server, It stuck on 'syncing' and the game freezes. If I click anywhere with the mouse, the game crashes, core.exe etc...

I use LAA and I have no problem joining any other server I tried. Also, When a WSBK 2017 bike is the last one I used, the game is extremly long to load. I think there is something with the loading of the textures or the models.

Any hint on how to solve this from my end ?

Italian Mod Team

November 12, 2017, 07:19:47 PM #1 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:32:01 PM by Italian Mod Team
Quote from: tchemi on November 12, 2017, 05:58:08 PM
Hello everyone.

I tryed to join a IMT server yesterday. It was the one on Aragon with WSBK 2017.

I was unable to join. I tried multiple times, I played with the texture loading mode in gpbikes.ini but nothing helped me.
Every time I join the server, It stuck on 'syncing' and the game freezes. If I click anywhere with the mouse, the game crashes, core.exe etc...

I use LAA and I have no problem joining any other server I tried. Also, When a WSBK 2017 bike is the last one I used, the game is extremly long to load. I think there is something with the loading of the textures or the models.

Any hint on how to solve this from my end ?

The problem looks as LAA not works well.

For short loading put in the gpbikes.ini  under [core]

texture_quality=1 (We recommend using "2", less vram usage)

Delete the LAA redownload it and put it in the GP Bikes folder, run it and check the box (for use +2GB ram)

EDIT: If not works put here your PC specs

Info: Join online with a laptop i3 1.8Ghz, 12 GB Ram and a GT740m It requires about 30 seconds.

tchemi

Hm...

I cannot join any server with or without LAA.

I will try a fresh reinstall :/

tchemi

Also, I don't find any [core] section in the gpbikes.ini file. I only have gfx_default, sound and master

tchemi

I did a fresh install, and I cannot join any server online. I waited 5 minutes to be sure.

I tried with only the WSBK pack, still the same. :/   :'(
I tried with and without LAA, still the same thing, freezing on 'syncing'. Testing offline works well.

my specs:

MSI Z-77
core i7 3770k
16gb ram
NVIDIA GTX 980
win Seven

Italian Mod Team

November 12, 2017, 11:39:43 PM #5 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:45:37 PM by Italian Mod Team
Quote from: tchemi on November 12, 2017, 11:33:54 PM
I did a fresh install, and I cannot join any server online. I waited 5 minutes to be sure.

I tried with only the WSBK pack, still the same. :/   :'(
I tried with and without LAA, still the same thing, freezing on 'syncing'. Testing offline works well.

my specs:

MSI Z-77
core i7 3770k
16gb ram
NVIDIA GTX 980
win Seven

For fresh installation u means also the GP Bikes files in documents? (before a backup of the licence!)?

LAA run as admin?

If offline run well the issue at 99% its LAA because the only difference is that online all bikes are loaded.

EDIT: in gpbikes.ini you can add [core] where u want.

Quote[core]
texture_quality=2

[GFX_DEFAULT]
x=0
y=0
bpp=32
fullscreen=1
refresh=0

[SOUND]
driver=0                                                    ; 0 = default
max_sounds=32
efx=1

[master]
server=master.gp-bikes.com:54300

Italian Mod Team

You can also try to put Bandwidth to "low" in the game settings (Misc - Connection)

tchemi

I did another fresh install and made a test/fail procedure.

It works now, but the loading of bikes is extremly long so I think it has something to do with the texture_quality. Or it is another thing that I get rid and I don't know what it is. In any case, It works now.