• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Hs3 Hydraulic Brakes and Clutch

Started by doubledragoncc, November 15, 2017, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Quote from: Hawk on November 17, 2017, 12:18:50 PM
That seems a little contradicting information because if it's the mineral oil that causes the rubber seals to deteriorate then why is there also mineral oil based brake fluids?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_fluid

It must use different rubber in the seals, as obviously there's rubber seals in your engine. That LHM fluid states -

"Warning
Suitable only for use in hydraulic systems using a green mineral oil. Please be sure to check the vehicle handbook. Only fill this fluid into Citroën hydraulic reservoirs painted green. Never use in any reservoir painted black. Not to be used in vehicles using vegetable based fluid or synthetic hydraulic oil."

Guessing the black reservoirs are for the cars brakes?

It seems if you use mineral oil based brake fluids you need to make sure your brake systems seals are built for it, but glycol-ether fluids seem to be the norm and I suspect are what your bike brakes are made for. My mountain bike brakes use mineral oil but it clearly states not to use anything else, now I know why.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 17, 2017, 01:02:50 PM
Just change the lines and seals.. Il get the name of the ones iv been using..  Tygon i think..... Never fade, never perrish.. All kinds of fluids

This sounds like the best plan to get around the shipping problem. Or get the customer to fill it their end.

HornetMaX

KG_03

November 17, 2017, 02:49:55 PM #17 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:51:55 PM by KG13
 DD sorry for asking if it already was a subject of discussion. But did you try to make the handlebar even more motorcycle like? I mean at this moment it is swinging from left to right like a car wheel. I was thinking if mounting the handlebar to the center of the steering device would allow to mount the device horozontally and push the handlebar instead of swinging it. Anyway I really love your work and new idea of fluid tanks and hope you wont take my question as criticism of any kind. 

poumpouny

KG13 > I think it's because DD's handle bar is meant to be a "Lean" input instead of "steer" input, and speaking of lean, swing is more natural than steering and also you don't steer in real bike, you counter steer with a tiny angle, so this will be definitelly unnatural and unrealistic !

uberslug

Quote from: poumpouny on November 17, 2017, 03:00:08 PM
KG13 > I think it's because DD's handle bar is meant to be a "Lean" input instead of "steer" input, and speaking of lean, swing is more natural than steering and also you don't steer in real bike, you counter steer with a tiny angle, so this will be definitelly unnatural and unrealistic !

When you think about it, Counter Steering is a type of Steering... :-X

KG_03

November 17, 2017, 05:01:09 PM #20 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:03:11 PM by KG13
As Uberslug said...steering the bike is made by counter steering or by normal handlebar steering when at lower speeds... leaning the bike is the effect of it not a way of steering the bike. I bet you know how counter steering works so...you control the lean of the bike by pushing the handlebar... anyway ok...i understand now what is the idea of DDs handlebar.

doubledragoncc

November 29, 2017, 07:28:40 PM #21 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:30:23 PM by doubledragoncc
Love the way some of you explain my system thanks.  ;D

Back to the brakes................so I tested the oil and kinda knew it might effect the seals and got 2 resaults so far................

Front mastercylinder had no swelling of the seals and works fine so far

Rear mastercylinder stuck and is now poo lol

I was just trying to get around the shipping problem and as I have been a bike/car tech for over 38 years I knew the possible resaults but wanted to actually test it.

So..............I decided to see if I could find a DOT 5.1 brake fluid with a NON HAZADOUS on paper for shipping.............. et voila........... Valvoline has one..........AND some companies will allow shipping with it!!!

So........... I ordered a new gixxer mastercylinder for the rear and a new set of controls for front brake and clutch. After testing and design work I decided that I will keep the clutch with cable(for now) but found a matching set with a fluid resevoir that is built into the lever unit to stop breakage while shipping.

I also designed a new bracket to mount the rear resevoir to protect it in shipping too.

I will give an update when I get all the new parts in and test the poo out of them.

I designed a unit for the clutch with hydraulics but it will be expensive to make to start and needs testing so its still in the pipeline lol

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Hello DD,

i keep looking at what is HS1, HS2 and so on and it look very interesting.

I'm playing today with a joystick and a drum pedal that i "diy" with a EDtracker Pro at the end for the rear brake since its that a difference on lap time. And to be close to reality as much as possible. I'd really like to ride GP bikes without having to stress about my brake system and forgetting the commands like i do on my everyday rides.

So i'm in the idea to either start form a Arduino Leonardo 32u4 or DIY a Xbox360 controller (5 axis on the 7 required). So that's the presentation. (i did a bunch of DIY stuff around PC's so i know how to but it's time to spend as well as money but that's another problem)

And at the same time, instead of doing it which i could do, eventually i was looking at your work and since i cant' find the answer somewhere else, i'm directly coming to the Boss  8) : Are you selling them, is there a price somewhere ? or they are prototype and even if SimUK did a nice video, maybe it's not to be selling yet or....

Can you tell me something about it so i can think wisely about my future on GP Bikes simulator ?

Thanks.

speedfr
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

Hi speedfr

I dont recommend either the  Arduino Leonardo 32u4 or DIY a Xbox360 controller as they are not as good to use as Leo Bodnar boards which are plug n play on PC and easy to use.

Use the BU0636A

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=204

And the Matrix board for best operation and simplicity to use

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=274

I use the P260 potentiometers as well

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_81&products_id=193

I recommend  this combination and use Dupont connectors to make life simple

If you want more info on the Hs3 then please email me at doubledragoncc@yahoo.com

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

DD, thank you for your fast reply.

About electronics and using this or something else, it's on a way but nothing is settle so far. But i really appreciate your comments and i will look further. I'm thinking of starting with what makes the EDTracker works and had axis on it.

But mostly about HS2, is this handlebar to sell ? Can i push the door of your Teamspeak ? i own a ts server too if you want ..
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

Hi speedfr

I will give all info to buy Hs3 via email. Teamspeak is open

DD

speedfr

Oki doki.

Fixing stuff with the kids and coming to your TS door ! Thanks.

speedfr

speedfr

I must says that i'm very impressed by what DD sent me but i'll keep it secret  ;D

The only thing i'm allowing myself to reveal is that he has a beautiful kitchen !!!  :o
So yes, this is THE idea for a realistic/reliable handlebar, and God, if i could, i would ...

Thank you and big respect to Mister DD  :-*

I'm gonna have to work like ants, winter is the off-season no?

speedfr

Hello DD,

just back to you for a little question...
I know you don't use FF in your device.
And i'm kind like you about it except maybe for one feedback : When you ride, and brakes and try to start a curve, if you brake a lot the bike as a tendancy to go straight and to avoid the leaning so you have to force more (including forcing on your inside foot support - sorry i don't have the accurate word in mind) and try to lean more to force the bike into the curve.
If there's any way to get this from the software (GP Bikes) that will be somehing interesting to use but do you know how to catch data from the games ? As a motec that you feed with the data from the game (GTR2-rFactor-Assetto...)
Is this something that i need to ask PIboso about or do you know if it's possible ? (actually i'm wondering how the links between the game and the controller works for the FF system.)

Thank you and "bonne soirée" to you !!

speedfr

doubledragoncc

Hi speedfr

I am the wrong person to ask about FFB in GPB as not used it yet. I am concetrating on the input first and then I will get into FFB.

DD