• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:54 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Recommended GpBikes

Started by Ryanoh4, November 18, 2017, 07:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanoh4

A guy gave me this response after i told him to check out the demo "tried that gpbikes demo. its trash. no rider, bad grafix and bad physics"  ::) I wonder how many people are him  :-\

guigui404

hopefuly for us he didn't like it , because a guy who say wrong physics can't be serious , he must keep playing his shit like fifa or motogp

KG_03

Quote from: guigui404 on November 18, 2017, 09:00:05 AM
hopefuly for us he didn't like it , because a guy who say wrong physics can't be serious , he must keep playing his shit like fifa or motogp

True true

badexample69

Quote from: Ryanoh4 on November 18, 2017, 07:36:38 AM
A guy gave me this response after i told him to check out the demo "tried that gpbikes demo. its trash. no rider, bad grafix and bad physics"  ::) I wonder how many people are him  :-\

Who cares anyways. If you truly rode a motorcycle before, you know that GP bikes is on the right track when it comes to physics. Try to play any games from Milestone after some seat time with GP bikes LOL. :-[

loinen

demo is not enough for some people, especially for casual gamers who used to play mxgp or motogp. even many mxs fanboys are blind. they don't know how to judge physics, they just used to play that shit and think that anything different from it is wrong.

Luponius

Quote from: loinen on November 20, 2017, 01:45:34 AMdemo is not enough for some people, especially for casual gamers who used to play mxgp or motogp. even many mxs fanboys are blind. they don't know how to judge physics, they just used to play that shit and think that anything different from it is wrong.

Yeah I just watched videos looking for a moto sim and I kept watching them slide over grass and bending the bike over, hard on brakes and no issues - I was horrified, I thought that was the state of the game until I watched some guy epicly fail on gp bikes, the interesting part is that the failures made sense, and he was getting flustered but he also understood this is just how it is with 2 wheels. 

Simulation I think is less about working well when you're doing well, and more about properly displaying your mistakes and giving accurate feedback when you mess up.  Any game can make you rossi with a few button presses, few can help you build up to that genuine feeling and I think GP Bikes is the one that gets closest to that sensation.

-aGy-

i think half of people who try this game dont like it because outdated graphics, and some core.exe errors but mainly they dont set controllers , ffb etc. right. example my brother who has driven bikes years.  i dont care about graphics that much because physics is where this game shine. but i have buy this game like 6 years ago so not much progress have done here because piboso have also games like wrs, krp and mx bikes. really he need to finish the product and get rid of the bugs mainly core.exe. and the user made tracks(mostly) isnt that good because there isnt that much talent. why there isint more tracks like ulster gp? one of the best and the smoothest track out there. who wants to hotlap same track day after day?

KG_03

November 21, 2017, 09:52:32 AM #7 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:58:04 AM by KG13
Playing gp bikes you need to change the way of playing motorcycle game as ypu were used to before. I had a problem with it because Milestone games get used me to arcade gaming and each time I tired to think about it as a real motorcycle racing I lost a lot of time. In gp bikes everything matters and it makes me want to play this game all the time. There is always space for improvement. Small changes in geometry of the bike or suspension can change much. As for graphics... Is it bad? I wouldnt say no. Of course the spectators and trees are just 2D photos but thanks to it they are photorealistic and even if, during the race there is not much time to think about it. One thing I miss is the resolution of some textures. At least the graphics do not look like taken out of Disney movie. Thanks to graphics complexity GP bikes can run with 75fps on my PC and I have a realistic feeling of ridong a motorcycle. Of coirse there are tracks that look ugly but look at donington park, mid ohiao, catalunya or brands hatch. Those tracks look perfect. Not everyoned ia as talented to make such a good tracks but I bet thos game will ive fpr a long time thanks to its customisation. All we miss now is bugless product.