Author Topic: Fixing tankslappers and possibly powerslides (taming the virtual rider)  (Read 488 times)

Ryanoh4

• View Profile
Re: Fixing tankslappers and possibly powerslides (taming the virtual rider)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 06:03:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pord6ka0MSs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pord6ka0MSs</a>

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
The wobbles seem to be related in part by the aw.

Every time the front wheel tries to get off the ground the aw acts by cutting the throttle and when the wheel returns to the ground the throttle is opened again creating a resonance that gas open / cut producing a wobble.

EM low with less power makes it harder to lift the front wheel so the aw almost does not act and the resonance is not created.

That is why the less powerful bikes don't have wobbles.

With AW at 0 it is unlikely to find wobbles. The question is that most people prefer that the AW does the work. Currently the ECU in Gp Bikes is very rudimentary and sometimes problematic. I hope that Piboso has a solution.

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »
That's definitely not the case, Manu.
The frequency of those wobbles is far too high to be caused by the AW (which has a pretty low sampling rate).
If you have good throttle control and don't use AW, you can keep the bike consistently much closer to maximum acceleration. That way you are much more prone to tankslappers. With AW you cannot keep the front hovering above/on the ground for long because it abruptly cuts a lot of power.
Both in my and in Ryanoh4's vid, AW and TC is set to 0. But the Direct Lean value of 100% may be a contributing factor, which is not surprising since it means more aggressive virtual rider (steering forces).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:57:30 PM by vini97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
Not saying you're wrong and Manu right, but :

The frequency of those wobbles is far too high to be caused by the AW (which has a pretty low sampling rate).
How do you know that ? And low compared to what ?

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
Give the MotoGP bikes full throttle with AW and listen to the engine. The frequency of "throttle change" is much lower than the frequency at which the handlebar oscillates during tankslappers.

But regardless, that discussion belongs here. AW/TC being deactivated in both videos means that it's irrelevant to this discussion right here.
es gibt nur ein gas

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »
Give the MotoGP bikes full throttle with AW and listen to the engine. The frequency of "throttle change" is much lower than the frequency at which the handlebar oscillates during tankslappers.

But regardless, that discussion belongs here. AW/TC being deactivated in both videos means that it's irrelevant to this discussion right here.
Hmm, I will have a look. As far as I can remember the two freqs were not so different.
It's a pity we can't see this in the telemetry (we can easily see the tankslapper freq but not the throttle cutting due to the AW, we only have the rider's throttle pos).

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »
in the debug mode you can see the right green bar corresponding to the throttle.

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »

Hmm, I will have a look. As far as I can remember the two freqs were not so different.
It's a pity we can't see this in the telemetry (we can easily see the tankslapper freq but not the throttle cutting due to the AW, we only have the rider's throttle pos).

Hmmm did a (too) quick try. Manu's Honda motogp on victoria, TC at zero, AW at 3 (direct lean 100%), default setup.

1. I seem to have no tankslappers (but may need to try more / push more).
2. When AW kicks in, the ON-OFF freq is surely faster than the freq of a tankslapper so at least in principle, the AW could make things worse (mind, it's not a proof it does).

Any track/bike combo that makes tankslappers very obvious for you?