• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

core.exe crashed every time i try to join a server

Started by Luponius, November 25, 2017, 12:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luponius

It just instantly crashes as i hit join on a server, or as i hit start to sync to a server - what's the cause?

I did previously join and briefly play a bit on CAWS #3 default before downloading additional tracks, but it's now failing on every server, every single time.  It's quite literally unplayable   :'( (on racing - testing works perfectly, game is smooth without issues)

Can I get the logs for whatever unhandled exception is being thrown to figure out if this is on my end somehow, or maybe I have some corrupt data or some such?

I have downloaded:
- all the tracks listed in the server list (aragon, hockenheim, mantorp, misano, nuburgring, oultonpark)
- Bikes and tyres and such using the syncback free profiles posted by some user somewhere
- hornetmax hud for time comparison and input tracking.

PeterV

Luponius

November 25, 2017, 01:26:28 PM #2 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:31:42 PM by Luponius
No idea what that is, probably not.

EDIT: Looked it up, stands for Large Address Aware - just did the change and tried again, still the same.

Syd

At a guess I would say there some wrong things in the wrong folder
You could try moving all bikes, tyres, tracks, stands, riders etc from their respective folders to a safe place. Pick a server you want to join and only add the track, required bikes, stands and tyres needed for that server and see if you can join. If not, then examine closely all the files you have added (some have folders within folders) and make sure all pkzs have their respective files eg tyre pkzs have only tyre files in them. If you can join, then systematically add tracks, bikes and tyres checking online it all works until it doesn't. Then the problem should be obvious.

Luponius

Thanks Syd, sounds like this problem is due to the mod files then - that's a relief.  I'll throw everything out and start with a clean installation, add things slowly as you suggested.  Will report back with any information deemed useful for future reference.  Cheers!

speedfr

I acknowledge, each time you came last night, you disappeared right after and it lagged so much, it made me crashed (on the grass not the game). 4 or 5 times i think.
Same things happend to me. When "Core.exe" crash that means yours folders are probably not all where they are supposed to be. It's not obvious but trying hard and sneaking everywhere in the forum will give you the answer. (had the "missing bike" too at the beginning, then went to Core.exe crash...)
And now i understand why you were never answering my question in the message part.
See you !!

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Luponius

Quote from: speedfr on November 25, 2017, 02:48:05 PM
I acknowledge, each time you came last night, you disappeared right after and it lagged so much, it made me crashed (on the grass not the game). 4 or 5 times i think.
Same things happend to me. When "Core.exe" crash that means yours folders are probably not all where they are supposed to be. It's not obvious but trying hard and sneaking everywhere in the forum will give you the answer. (had the "missing bike" too at the beginning, then went to Core.exe crash...)
And now i understand why you were never answering my question in the message part.
See you !!

Each time I fail to connect I cause the rest to crash?  Oh lawd I must have pissed off a bunch of people these past 2 days then xD  That's some really weird net code shenanigans.

I've tried like 6 times at least with Tor Poznan on some spanish server (non dedicated) and had no luck - those guys must have wanted to seek me out and kill me at this point  :-X

I updated drivers and restarted PC and now can't launch the game - trying to figure out what the heck is going on - modding shouldn't be this complex  :-\

speedfr

No, no, it didn't crash the game, my bad, language problem, sorry  :-\

Each time you came, it gives a lag in the server or the game, and it freezes the screen for half a second but when you are in a curve, the result is you are off the line and fall down... So, yes, that was annoying but i know you're not doing it to bug people, don't worry !
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Luponius

Quote from: speedfr on November 25, 2017, 04:52:57 PM
No, no, it didn't crash the game, my bad, language problem, sorry  :-\

Each time you came, it gives a lag in the server or the game, and it freezes the screen for half a second but when you are in a curve, the result is you are off the line and fall down... So, yes, that was annoying but i know you're not doing it to bug people, don't worry !

Yeah, cheers and sorry!  :-[

I did have success on the other hand - managed to pop in to IMT - WorldSBK 17 #1, aragon circuit.  Had someone pop in do a couple laps while i proceeded to clean every corner with my bike's fairings.  Anyhoo what I did was delete the my documents profile folder, setup everything again, removed the tracks, kept all the bikes (needed to access default as well) and then added aragon. 

Tried joining a Tor Poznan V0.6 server but that never worked out - I don't know what to do with the folder contained within tor poznan which contains an NDS file.  Do I leave everything as is?

speedfr

November 25, 2017, 07:39:31 PM #9 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:41:28 PM by speedfr
i think you have to put both directory into \Tracks, one is Tor Poznan_NDS with his own files in and the other one will be Tor Poznan with his own files inside.
Other way to try to say it : both directory have to be in \Tracks so at the end, you'll get one \Tracks\Tor Poznan and one \Tracks\Tor Poznan NDS

Better safe than sorry, in the attached-file, you'll see that for Imola, Assen and Hockenheim.

speedfr

@Luponius : so i wanted to know how and if it works, so i downloaded all the SSP bikes and Tor Poznan, and it works.
I hope i didn't bother the guy that was there running his practice...  :-[

And here is a screen of the directory as it is and working :

Luponius

Thanks speed, so you just have one single folder in this case for it to work, right?  You simply extracted it in place and had the SSP bikes downloaded as well and that's it.  I'm going to retry it when I get the chance.

speedfr

yes one folder and a subfolder (\No Dynamic Surface TRP file) and ALL the SSP.  ;)

Luponius

Yeah, same but crashes.  The server that I could play on is now also giving me core errors.  Almost as though it's intermittent...

speedfr

Just tried to go back there and ... "Core.exe" crash...
I don't get it  >:(