• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

The new F1 logo...

Started by JMTRacing, November 26, 2017, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMTRacing

sigh :(
Looks like something you'd get from free fonts

PeterV

Really? jesus they dont have nothing better to do? like making it fun and exiting too watch? its still boring as hell.

Napalm Nick

Lol lovely. Shame it doesn't have a halo too make it really nicer. :P
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

Hawk

Disappointing.... and I bet some lucky person was paid a large tidy sum of money for that rubbish.  ::)

-aGy-

boring as the f1 is. how about halo?why not give them good pc and f1 2017 so they cant get hurt..then they realize that my eyesight is bad because i have to watch monitor all day long...is there openwheelers anymore?

Boerenlater

Quote from: -aGy- on November 27, 2017, 10:37:08 AM
boring as the f1 is. how about halo?why not give them good pc and f1 2017 so they cant get hurt..then they realize that my eyesight is bad because i have to watch monitor all day long...is there openwheelers anymore?
Indycar is the route to go. Or Japanese Super Formula.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Why do they get paid so much?

It's inherently safe and is a job we would all love to do.

Now look at the IOMTT, salary and the prizes

I don't get it.  :-\
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 27, 2017, 12:30:09 PM

+1
I think the reason why is: BIG business interests, the glamour/culture that surrounds F1 and the TV interest and rights...... If IOMTT had the same interests then I've no doubt those guys would get paid what they deserve. :)

Napalm Nick

And it would be ruined for sure, as the greedy humans milk the spectacles teet until it was saggy and dry . ::) lol.

PiBoSo

November 27, 2017, 10:43:43 PM #10 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:45:38 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Hawk on November 27, 2017, 02:05:18 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 27, 2017, 12:30:09 PM

+1
I think the reason why is: BIG business interests, the glamour/culture that surrounds F1 and the TV interest and rights...... If IOMTT had the same interests then I've no doubt those guys would get paid what they deserve. :)

My guess is that a championship or race, to be popular and rich, needs the direct involvement of the manufacturers.
Look at the sad state of Superbike lately: no official team for Ducati, Yamaha, Aprilia, BMW, Suzuki, ... And the championship is dying.
The problem for the TT is, manufacturers cannot put their name on an event where, every year, a couple riders die. Not marketing-department-friendly.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

KG_03

Very true. Riders at IOMTT even if have support from manufacturer its not made officialy.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 27, 2017, 10:43:43 PM
My guess is that a championship or race, to be popular and rich, needs the direct involvement of the manufacturers.
Look at the sad state of Superbike lately: no official team for Ducati, Yamaha, Aprilia, BMW, Suzuki, ... And the championship is dying.
When MotoGP goes down, SBK goes up and vice versa. Lately MotoGP has been going up.

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 27, 2017, 10:43:43 PM
The problem for the TT is, manufacturers cannot put their name on an event where, every year, a couple riders die. Not marketing-department-friendly.
+1
The death toll on TT is just ridiculous.

Vini

hmm, red bull shouldn't have a problem with that if you look at all the extreme sports they sponsor.

who knoes, maybe in a few years they will buy their way into the TT like they do everywhere.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vini97 on November 29, 2017, 09:42:48 AM
hmm, red bull shouldn't have a problem with that if you look at all the extreme sports they sponsor.
Exactly what I thought. Yesterday I've seen a video of two guys jumping from a 4000m mountain top with wingsuits and boarding a small airplane flying by.
No need to say, they were RedBull sponsored  ::)