• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:43 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

eDucati

Started by HornetMaX, November 29, 2017, 01:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

In french:

http://www.motorevue.com/rubriques/electrique/des-ducati-electriques-dici-2030/1777960

Google-translated (I'm lazy):

QuoteDucati will have a full range of electric motorcycles within a dozen years. It is not Claudio Domenicali, the boss of the Reds, who says it, but Matthias Muller, the president of the Volkswagen group.

At the end of October, during a press conference entitled Roadmap E (translate: "Roadmap for mobile electricity"), the latter has indeed indicated that all brands of the group, Volkswagen to Audi, in through Lamborghini, Skoda, Bugatti and Ducati, will offer an electric vehicle within twelve years in each segment of their range. In the case of Ducati, this means an electric roadster, an electric sports car, an electric trail, etc. Asked about the issue, Domenicali confirmed Volkswagen's perspective, while insisting that the time was now for V4, and that the ducatists should savor this moment and "enjoy life". An advice that sounds almost like a funeral oration for the thermal. That said, the funeral is not for tomorrow and twelve years is long. Who knows who will own Ducati in 2030?

Hawk

OMG! I can only hope that electric powered vehicles never appeal to the masses....

Will electric vehicles be the death of motorsport? For me personally I'd say yes unless they simulate an engine noise to complement electric only sport vehicles, even non-sport road going electric vehicles would benefit from this in my view.

matty0l215

Not the death. The next step... (not a good step for us lot)

But the "death" of motorsports as we know it is on the horizen. Saftey and Eco freindly is becoming more and more of an issue for "us".

Look at Forumla E. Everyone laughed when it came out and now it is becomeing so popular that Major teams (Audi, Jag, Citreon, Renault, BMW, Nissian etc) that come from the Combustion motorsports are Moving over to the Battery power.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on November 29, 2017, 06:53:17 PM
OMG! I can only hope that electric powered vehicles never appeal to the masses....

Will electric vehicles be the death of motorsport? For me personally I'd say yes unless they simulate an engine noise to complement electric only sport vehicles, even non-sport road going electric vehicles would benefit from this in my view.
Don't worry what the public will think, politicians will push electric vehicles.
And for safety indeed any vehicle would benefit from sound.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 29, 2017, 07:03:46 PM
Not the death. The next step... (not a good step for us lot)

But the "death" of motorsports as we know it is on the horizen. Saftey and Eco freindly is becoming more and more of an issue for "us".

Look at Forumla E. Everyone laughed when it came out and now it is becomeing so popular that Major teams (Audi, Jag, Citreon, Renault, BMW, Nissian etc) that come from the Combustion motorsports are Moving over to the Battery power.

^ That.

KG_03

Well it seems that I am the only person here who likes the EVs and electric motorcycles. I love the sound of engines but I watch too many sci fi movies and love the power of electric engines. The sound is also futuristic. Im not that eco freak as some might think but I think that its another step forward in mobility. Everyone should try out EV or ebike and after test say the oppinion. I fell in love with EV after test ride.

matty0l215

I am split

I love the technology behind it and i am massivily impressed with the speed they can maintain so soon after we have started racing them (i mainly mean the TT Zero)

But the cost to preformance is massive and they lack the soul of combustion machines for me.

Maybe in a few more years. Or if someone wants to make an electric bike for GPB :P

KG_03

The proper battery technology will come not sooner than in 2-3 years. Thats why all bigger manufacturers wait with their cars for next gen batteries. From what I have read not sooner than 5 years we will be able to buy an electric car that will match internal combustion engine cars. Unfortunately at this moment the most problematic is weight of batteries and energy they can store per 1kg of battery. The electric motorcycles are heavier than bikes with similar power. But from the movies in the youtube ebike can also give great fun.

loinen

Quote from: KG13 on November 30, 2017, 12:27:46 AM
Well it seems that I am the only person here who likes the EVs and electric motorcycles. I love the sound of engines but I watch too many sci fi movies and love the power of electric engines. The sound is also futuristic. Im not that eco freak as some might think but I think that its another step forward in mobility. Everyone should try out EV or ebike and after test say the oppinion. I fell in love with EV after test ride.

+1 especially to sounds opinion :)

matty0l215

BOBR6 84

The future is quiet.. Lol. But extreeeeemly fast  ;D ;D 8)

Meyer#12

Trust me, it doesn't give the same action to watch a bike race without sounds..

In sweden we had a few races in the european TTXGP, 10 guys was racing and all you could hear was a small buzzing when they came past, the wind and their knees dragging on the ground.

It seemed slower than they actually was because there was no sound. I really it won't be as boring to watch as then!

This was also some years ago, so the bikes got quite a bit slower towards the end of a 20-30min race  ;D
Hope they have sorted out this issue!

But lets see what happens when it is an actual world championship support class.
Meyer#12

Warlock

Quote from: Meyer#12 on December 13, 2017, 06:55:57 PM
Trust me, it doesn't give the same action to watch a bike race without sounds..

90% of the fun is the sound of the beasts  8)

speedfr

December 13, 2017, 08:44:59 PM #13 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:50:48 PM by speedfr
Quote from: matty0l215 on December 13, 2017, 05:02:43 PM
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/12/13/motogp-names-supplier-electric-series/

Other views

https://www.motoservices.com/actualite-competition/MotoGP-2019-Le-Moto-e-sera-italien-avec-Energica.htm

Almost 150km autonomy... that becomes really interesting. And about noise or sounds or chorus of the engine, i will say that when the GP was on 2stroke engine, that was exciting and since 4 stroke appears, since they don't regulate the level of decibels, maybe it's because i have ages but it kills my head this 140 db when Rossi and the other ones turn away in the corner  facing you, even with the little ears plug to the max inside, it's too much, almost like when i was working at the airport, it's too much. Since then i have hard time staying all day long on a circuit, it's getting too loud.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Luponius

As someone said in some YouTube comments, motoGP will at some point realize they can talk shit during races, we'll have them all equipped with in-helmet mics and get to follow not just the race but the drama that ensues.