• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:12:12 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes Vr beta 12

Started by Cbr600rrider, November 29, 2017, 11:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbr600rrider

I just recently got my oculus rift setup and have been trying to play gp with it but failing. Any time I tried to open "gp bikes vr" I just get core.exe within seconds of opening it. I have tried reinstalling and over installing and still get no where. Does beta 12 just not run in Vr? If anyone can help me that would be great as I would love to play this game in VR!

teeds

VR works fine with the Rift in this game   8)

Does the game work ok in non VR mode? I get the game working and set everything up in 2d then hit VR.

Cbr600rrider

Yeah it works fine without vr. Do you open both the shortcuts when playing vr or just the one?

teeds

Just the VR one. Do you have the full game or just the demo?

Cbr600rrider

Yes I have the full game. any clue as to what is going on?

crunk

I just tried it for the first time last night, VR works out of the box here. Im a speechless noob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVq97AkLbAU

The only thing I cant get working are skins for riders and helmets. Hopefully Ill figure it out.

speedfr

January 30, 2018, 06:47:59 PM #6 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:39:00 PM by speedfr
Hi riders,

After what DD keeps telling me about VR, i was just wondering if any of you guys who plays with VR has glasses....
I mean, i need glasses to read or look a little things, i'm getting old, and i hate it but don't have the choice...

And when playing with the Oculus Rift, do you keep the glasses or the VR stuff can be set so you don't need them ?

I'm about to buy one instead of buying a big screen (lets say its the same range of price) and HTC is super expensive but Oculus went down to "normal" prices.

What about your experiences on GP Bikes so far ? (Allan seems so happy with that, that disturbs me... and give me thousands of question !!)

Thanks. ;)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Quote from: speedfr on January 30, 2018, 06:47:59 PM
Hi riders,

After what DD keeps telling me about VR, i was just wondering if any of you guys who plays with VR has glasses....
I mean, i need glasses to read or look a little things, i'm getting old, and i hate it but don't have the choice...

And when playing with the Oculus Rift, do you keep the glasses or the VR stuff can be set so you don't need them ?

I'm about to buy one instead of buying a big screen (lets say its the same range of price) and HTC is super expensive but Oculus went down to "normal" prices.

What about your experiences on GP Bikes so far ? (Allan seems so happy with that, that disturbs me... and give me thousands of question !!)

Thanks. ;)

Have you tried contact lenses? You can get them for a very reasonable price these days including daily or monthly lenses..... They may help when wearing a VR goggle set?  ;)

doubledragoncc

I tried using the oculus with my reading glasses and was of no use.

I would say get the rift, it rocks. Not as good quality graphics BUT OMFG the feeling will make you not care and I am a fussy fucker about graphics!!!

Thanks to Piboso adding the F8 key to the inputs it is simple to setup and I advise everyone go VR lol

Just have a sickbag for when you crash lol

DD

Oh and I will try MXB too but think I will defo be sick on jumps lmao until I do it
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Thanks Hawk and DD  ;)

For the contact lenses, i know but i though maybe without the glasses, you could set the image or the distance in order to have a correct view but i found out that some peolpe says the Oculus is better if you want to keep your glasses.

And as DD says, if its not even a problem without, i think i have my answer...

But still :

@DD : if i asked about that on the 4th video, its because i'm wandering if Holovis has a product like HTC/Oculus to sell, just the VR device to plug and play. As in the second video. Or maybe they are using a modified Oculus or so...  ;D
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

Holovis use stock Oculus. They add balls(lmao) for their traking cameras but thats all. Get the Oculus CV1 and you will be a happy bunny, if your not happy I will pay for the system!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

January 30, 2018, 11:18:27 PM #11 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:20:46 PM by speedfr
 :o :o :o :o :o

You make me laugh !  ;D
I need to receive the parts first, then take care of the handlebar system after what i'll go for the vr stuff.
I found a software that could almost makes the pixel diseapear, its via the OculusDebugTool and the SDK 1.4 that allow to upscale your device.
It's a "new world" to explore...  ;)

But yes, when you see Gren riding the alu structure and leaning a little bit sideways, his way of riding is sure, no hesitation, can hear the engine, the gear, just like if he was riding.
He might not be super fast there (and even, i don't know, might be) but we can see that his feeling is super good. In socks  :P Impressive. Really.
And as you said on YT, the best feeling ever.

Great moments this Vlog of yours !!!

Edit : BTW, the Ed Tracker is not required anymore for the leaning L/R and F/B... So how does it work in the Settings ? Attribute the VR axis ? Or its as a freelook ?  :-\

PiBoSo

Quote from: speedfr on January 30, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
I found a software that could almost makes the pixel diseapear, its via the OculusDebugTool and the SDK 1.4 that allow to upscale your device.
It's a "new world" to explore...  ;)

It's possible to increase the pixel density without using external software:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5188.0
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

speedfr

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 30, 2018, 11:52:53 PM
It's possible to increase the pixel density without using external software:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5188.0

Nice and appropriate.
Perfect.
It's looks like it's gonna be awesome.

Thank you Boss  :)

teeds

Quote from: speedfr on January 30, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
Edit : BTW, the Ed Tracker is not required anymore for the leaning L/R and F/B... So how does it work in the Settings ? Attribute the VR axis ? Or its as a freelook ?  :-\

Can't assign VR movement to L/R or F/B lean yet, but I think Pibs said it will be included at some point.

I also need glasses for close up stuff but I don't have problem not using them in VR  8)