• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:49:33 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

rFactor 2 - Studio 397 are doing a great job! Well deserved praises.

Started by Hawk, December 01, 2017, 01:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Studio 397 are making great inroads now with rFactor 2 with regular updates and big improvements already added and on-going for the near future..... I must say their PR in keeping the rFactor 2 community up to date with their progress and visions is absolutely excellent! More importantly they do what they say they are going to do and listen to the rFactor 2 community.

rFactor 2, undoubtedly the best sim out there physics-wise right now and will no doubt also be the best sim in the eye-candy department by the end of 2018 now they have moved over to DX11 graphics.

Latest Studio 397 rFactor 2 Road Map:
https://www.studio-397.com/all-news/

Hawk

Quote from: Guiga on December 01, 2017, 07:14:33 PM
Are you sure?

I have the greatest desire for this game - and all games I own - to reach their potential, and I'm part of modding for rf2, but I must say there still is a gap between this perception and the reality.

Hi Guiga.

Maybe you could elaborate more on what your reality with rFactor 2 is and explain what issues you have with rFactor 2 that would clarify your statement? ;)

badexample69

Quote from: Hawk on December 01, 2017, 01:55:39 PM
Studio 397 are making great inroads now with rFactor 2 with regular updates and big improvements already added and on-going for the near future..... I must say their PR in keeping the rFactor 2 community up to date with their progress and visions is absolutely excellent! More importantly they do what they say they are going to do and listen to the rFactor 2 community.

rFactor 2, undoubtedly the best sim out there physics-wise right now and will no doubt also be the best sim in the eye-candy department by the end of 2018 now they have moved over to DX11 graphics.

Latest Studio 397 rFactor 2 Road Map:
https://www.studio-397.com/all-news/

Agree with you Hawk. Loving the new content and" the give a shit factor" to the game. DX11 looks good. Rfactor2 still got the best AI ,wheel feedback, tires engine in the biz.

Hawk

Quote from: Guiga on December 01, 2017, 07:43:44 PM
Oh gosh, I have referred to it in that previous topic about the game. Basically if you check each of the last topics for the roadmaps, which have been systematically closed due to the number of complaints about the game, you'll be given a good glimpse. The one thing I'll say which I haven't before is that I hope they release the revised documentation and even in-game samples before the end of the first quarter of 2018. Imagine developing mods for GP Bikes b12 based on Alpha 7 and no current references.
Quote from: Guiga on December 01, 2017, 08:02:19 PM
Conversely, Hawk, what leads you to think the way you do?

Are you talking about the roadmap topics on the news page or related topics in the forum? I've only recently come back to rFactor 2 after a long hiatus after finding GPBikes, so I've not gone through all the forum topics as yet.

As for the modding and documentation, and this is just my personal opinion on what I think is going to happen; I think they are looking toward closing the modding to approved modders only so that they can have total control of the quality of modding work that is presented to the rFactor 2 community(Which I think would be the right and best thing to do for the long term success of rFactor 2). This will also give those approved modders an opportunity to start earning some monetary recompense for the great work they do by selling their approved mods in the Studio 397 product store(Very similar to the way ED runs the DCS Flight sim modules store). They have already made a move towards pay for DLC for rFactor 2(at a fair price I might add), and rightly so in my opinion; if rFactor 2 is to go on to be continually developed for the better then rFactor 2 has to start paying it's way, and pay for DLC at a fair and reasonable price is a good way to do that I think.
Having said that, I think they will leave the current freely available modding tools and documentation in their current version status for those modders who wish to struggle on making unofficial mods for the sim.

Overall from what I've experienced, seen and read about rFactor 2 since Studio 397 took over the development I must say that I'm very impressed with the direction it's going and the effort Studio 397 is making to develop and improve rFactor 2 and to keep the community well informed and continually updated.
But if they are going to update any of the modding docs and tools then surely you realise that modding considerations will probably be at the back of the dev-queue, especially as they are looking at paid for DLC's now to continue to fund rFactor 2 into the future it seems? :)

Hawk

Honestly I haven't seen or experienced anything of what your saying or describing there, Guiga, about rFactor 2 and Studio 397. As far as I'm concerned with what I've experienced so far I cannot praise them highly enough for what they are doing with rFactor 2 now. I still believe, with the progress they are making now, that by the end of 2018 rFactor 2 will be the best all-around car racing sim on the market including visuals. :)

badexample69

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-NOUOdd59U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOos1w0W1k

:)

Big Rfactor 2 supporter here! AC, Raceroom , Automobilista and Project cars 2 are nowhere near the fun.

Hawk

Quote from: badexample69 on December 02, 2017, 04:29:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-NOUOdd59U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOos1w0W1k

:)

Big Rfactor 2 supporter here! AC, Raceroom , Automobilista and Project cars 2 and nowhere near the fun.

Great vids badexample69! Really shows how rFactor 2 is coming on now with DX11.... I hear that DX11 is going to become the default platform for rFactor 2 before the end of December 2017 with the DX9 version still as an option..... Wet weather looks incredible! Dynamic weather too! BRILLIANT! ;D

Stout Johnson

I am also a huge fan of rf2. For me it is the only sim that really resembles the illusion of having a track day like in real life. The physics feel very realistic (for most cars at least), good ffb, nice weather effects etc. I have been very addicted to it lately and it is even addictive to play against the AI which feels very good. Only gripe with it, is that the AI seems to be almost flawless and does not make errors or spin off track or sth. The only field where rf2 did lack a bit was the visuals, but the videos above really do look nice : )

Btw, I still like to see where WRS is headed. Biggest downsides to me are suspension and tyres simulation at the moment, otherwise WRS has lots of potential, especially when it comes to dirt.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------