• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:40:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Folembray

Started by RBp, January 18, 2014, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

Thought I try this modding stuff to see what it all about. It suck's and it boring as hell and I never wont to do it again. with a lot of help I finished the track but did come across two really stupid things, one I can't do marshal or cameras as I don't have a right Ctrl button on the keyboard to move the image about and 2nd the track had no shadows,He tried something to get it to auto shadow, something to force it, then made a decal non of this worked, We tried 4 different pictures before the track showed shadows with one. blahh

It pretty simple french track but in the youtube vids there nothing there anyway, probily a good thing I won'ted to kill myself after 100 picture needed adding

Track http://www.sendspace.com/file/vnpkmh

3dmax filehttp://www.sendspace.com/file/mczagp

janaucarre

thank you.
Have you tried my tutorial for marshalls? if you have the right point in xyz in 3ds max you only need to report in a marshals.cfg existing.
Ask someone to do it.:)
Is there shadows now? If no, can i try to find whats wrong?

RBp

He got the shadows to work by changing the road picture, weird how the other never worked, I don't have 3dmax buddy we ran it off is harddrive, I wonted to know how hard doing tracks was( tried painting bikes that never went well) After afew hours he had to go home to eat but got the whole track finished except for cameras and marshal my BCL keyboard don't have a right control button and the left one never moved the camera.

It was intresting but he wonted me to learn how to paint the model by hand and not by the auto script he use's, after putting 5-6 pictures on the models and naming them I was fed up tbh, same buttons each time over and over,  movin the little dots so the grass never showed though the curbs sucked balls as well, wouldn't wont to do a big GP track with lots of stuff on.  4 hours work for a small place like that is how long it taken.

Docfumi

LOL I know where you are coming from RBp, every time I start up 3Ds Max I get pissed off before it even finishes loeding  >:(

Thx for the Track and the effort.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

RBp

Cheers Docfumi,  Not a place I ever new exsisted of before yesterday, Not much to look at but there not much in real life either. but it plays really well which is the main thing I guess. intresting that all the models are just box's, round or flat and it the pictures that make the difference to the appearance of the track. learning how to use a paint programme would be the main part of making tracks from the look of it.

Tiego

wo Folembray  :o, my second experience on track  ;D.  downloading it right away

hier some picture of the real track I made when I was there (with tipycal "picard" weather) :

la moto, juste la moto, toute la moto, toujours la moto !

[size=150]Tiego's laptime[/size]

RBp

I can't remember painting any bins or cones but do remember a van,

It the sort of place I cut my teeth to in the UK, pembrey, castle comb, Kemble, kevil  just a ribbon of tarmac, jerry can of fuel and a throttle to play with,

total bliss