• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:17:20 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Anti wheeling makes wobbles

Started by Manu, December 04, 2017, 11:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

The wobbles seem to be related in part by the aw.

Every time the front wheel tries to get off the ground the aw acts by cutting the throttle and when the wheel returns to the ground the throttle is opened again creating a resonance that gas open / cut producing a wobble.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Interesting.

Can't remember: is the effect of the AW visible in the debug stuff on screen ?
Do we see the throttle "reacting" to the wobble ?

Manu

Yes. It can be seen how the throttle opens and closes sharply during the wobbles.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Manu on December 05, 2017, 08:22:02 AM
Yes. It can be seen how the throttle opens and closes sharply during the wobbles.
Should be proof enough then. Not sure it will solve the issue completely, but for sure it doesn't help.

You're making me willing to fire up GPB again :)

poumpouny

December 05, 2017, 11:58:08 AM #4 Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:00:25 PM by poumpouny
what make me doubt about anti wheelie is that i ride in Direct Steer Hardcore mode (DSA) wich mean the virtual rider don't do anything, i even can steer my bike on wheelie, but i still got horrible wooble and it's just impossible to ride moto GP bike. Also, i don't think it has to do with bike's power because i can easily drive WSBK with is in the range of power (less of course) of moto gp bikes. Anyway, i'll try desabling the AW and give it a test.

i can ride moto gp bike but by disabling my FFB. and DSA without ffb is worst than a suicide !

Luponius

One question on direct steer however, having your handlebars in place while a wobble starts, wouldn't they be inputting the opposite of what the bike bars are doing when slapping side to side?

Or do your controls wobble along with it? How/if steering damping is available does this affect anything if at all?

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on December 05, 2017, 11:58:08 AM
what make me doubt about anti wheelie is that i ride in Direct Steer Hardcore mode (DSA) wich mean the virtual rider don't do anything, i even can steer my bike on wheelie, but i still got horrible wooble and it's just impossible to ride moto GP bike. Also, i don't think it has to do with bike's power because i can easily drive WSBK with is in the range of power (less of course) of moto gp bikes. Anyway, i'll try desabling the AW and give it a test.

i can ride moto gp bike but by disabling my FFB. and DSA without ffb is worst than a suicide !
If you use DSA it's a whole different story, especially if you have FFB.

Vini

December 05, 2017, 02:28:49 PM #7 Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:53:49 PM by vini97
I never use AW/TC, so I can say that it's definitely not the underlying cause of tankslappers (see my response in the other thread) but I agree that the AW/TC should be smoother.

Edit:
Quote from: poumpouny on December 05, 2017, 11:58:08 AM

I think the virtual rider is still involved when using DSA. Only when using DST is he fully out of the equation because you input the steering forces directly.
When using DSA, you input a target steering angle and so then the virtual rider still has to calculate how much force to apply how quickly in order to reach that target.
Which means you get exactly the same tankslappers issues, possibly even worse because you can input targets that make the VR apply even more extreme steering forces.

poumpouny

but i think the problem was the virtual rider automaticaly correct  the steering when you wheelie, and then realease it when you're front wheel go back on the floor again, the virtual rider don't make any change to the steer untill you tell him to do so i DSA, it does't even balance the bike, you have to do it by manually controlling the rider lean when you start a bike.

Luponius > no, because your real handle bar and the virtual handle bar are countersteering the same angle so when it wooble it match exactly the virtual handle bar (in the limit of your ffb force)

Luponius

Quote from: poumpouny on December 05, 2017, 03:45:54 PMLuponius > no, because your real handle bar and the virtual handle bar are countersteering the same angle so when it wooble it match exactly the virtual handle bar (in the limit of your ffb force)

Ah that's pretty cool, I might look around for something that would feel ok playing like that, it's really interesting!