Author Topic: Motorbike Simulator for home.  (Read 1126 times)

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
Motorbike Simulator for home.
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »
Good morning.

My name is Salvador, I'm founder and CEO of LeanGP Simulators.

We are designing a motorcycle simulator for home and I would like to know the opinion and advice of the people of this forum.
Any doubt, question or suggestion I will be happy to receive it and be able to discuss it with you. We want to make a product that likes motorcycle video game players.

What you see in the photos is the prototype of development, now we are designing the final product to start selling it shortly.
I will update the development process here so that you can give me your opinion.

Let's see if we can all do something good together. Excuse my terrible English :)

Thank you very much.

https://leangp.com/en/

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:44:14 PM by Salvador Felip »

poumpouny

• View Profile
Re: LeanGP Simulator
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
any video of it working ? is it a "dynamic" simulator ? does it support counter steering ? anyways good and clean work !

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:20:50 PM »
any video of it working ? is it a "dynamic" simulator ? does it support counter steering ? anyways good and clean work !

thank you very much!

Yes, it is a dynamic simulator, the prototype has no turning angle on the handlebar only when tilting to the side (for now). I have a doubt .. GP bikes difference between these two movements?
As far as I know, the other games only interpret one type of spin.
Soon I will add videos of the tests.

Thanks!

daye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
I'm FAN

The first question : the first arrivals for buyers in pre order?????????????

the VR in the page is a HTV Vive or a oculus or a samung????

Colors :  replica or simple colors?

Options??????? = what you want say with options??????

daye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
I'm FAN

The first question : the first arrivals for buyers in pre order?????????????

the VR in the page is a HTV Vive or a oculus or a samung????

Colors :  replica or simple colors?

Options??????? = what you want say with options??????
In February we will launch the kickstarter campaign, but you can reserve yours through the web shortly. The launch offer will be around 600 (limited units).

The VR of the page is smartphone with the sbk vr, but the electronics is confirmed to be compatible with Vive, Oculus and PSVR.

In kickstarter there will be a reward in which you can design the simulator to your liking, you will only have to send us the file and the painter will do your design.

daye

• View Profile
Re: Motorbike Simulator for home.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
For GPBIKES, you need  add a turning angle on the handlebar
ar.

For Gpbikes and good  older simulator games :

Your springs at the base are a good idea but it would distort the conditions on the road . i'm make 110 kg, so, sure you can sell tha's for a little boy with my pound???
 After that it can be added as an option, but for the precision it is necessary. perhaps 4 shock absorbers with potentiometer to control the central and lateral,  center and front rear places in the four coin.

Unless it's just for arcade games for others basic games... no necessary a home simulator....you can play to motogp17 with a simple joystick vibrate  is the same sentation.....

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »
For GPBIKES, you need  add a turning angle on the handlebar
ar.

For Gpbikes and good  older simulator games :

Your springs at the base are a good idea but it would distort the conditions on the road . i'm make 110 kg, so, sure you can sell tha's for a little boy with my pound???
 After that it can be added as an option, but for the precision it is necessary. perhaps 4 shock absorbers with potentiometer to control the central and lateral,  center and front rear places in the four coin.

Unless it's just for arcade games for others basic games... no necessary a home simulator....you can play to motogp17 with a simple joystick vibrate  is the same sentation.....
The spring system is provisional, only to develop the electronics that detect the data. The final product will have a central axis on which the motorcycle will pivot, this system allows to regulate it for any weight of user, be it a child or an adult.
Thanks for the opinion.

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »
Nico Terol testing the prototype leangp simulator for home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiL-uFBWrg0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:10:37 PM by Salvador Felip »

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Gpbikes handle like in real life, the steering input and the rider lean input separately. So your system work with load cell sensor on the handlebar ? how do you lean ? by making pression on the handle bar ?

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
Gpbikes handle like in real life, the steering input and the rider lean input separately. So your system work with load cell sensor on the handlebar ? how do you lean ? by making pression on the handle bar ?
No, it only has a turning angle, the inclination of the motorcycle shifting the weight of the pilot to one side or the other. The handlebar is fixed at the moment.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:03:35 PM »
Have you tested this over say a 30 lap race? If so how did you physically feel afterwards?

Nice idea though, but not sure if it's physically practical for serious race events? But would be fun. ;) 8)

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »
Have you tested this over say a 30 lap race? If so how did you physically feel afterwards?

Nice idea though, but not sure if it's physically practical for serious race events? But would be fun. ;) 8)
Thank you very much for your opinion, I was playing a full day and I had no problem. Anyway, what you see in the photos is provisional, not the final product.

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 05:17:33 PM »
It looks nice, but for me, just leaning isn't enough. Also, how precise can you be when you're only using your body weight?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

speedfr

• Partir, c'est pourrir un pneu !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 05:19:48 PM »
Nice rig but seems akward, need to see it.

It's sad, you are from Valencia, i don't recall that device or prototype during the last GP in Cheste... would have been very interested  :P

And guys, there's a lot more to look at and see there (Supermoto8) : http://www.supermoto8.com/articles/1690

In my mind, the base should be moving the bike by shock absorbers or hydraulic cylinder depending on how you use the handlebar, like on a regular bike. But still, it's a nice approach and with kickstarter coming, i guess you gonna improve the mecanics.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)

Testing EDTracker Pro on YT

i7-4790K/16Go/GTX1070/1440p/Full WC