Author Topic: Motorbike Simulator for home.  (Read 2085 times)

daye

• View Profile
Re: Motorbike Simulator for home.
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »

speedfr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
Almost perfect but here with pneumatic, the mouvements are too ... sorry i cant' find a word for that but i goes too fast and stop as a machine, it's not "smooth" as real so that's why i think hydraulic is a lot more realistic.

But at the same time it needs a hydraulic system on head which is a lot more complex than a air compressor and 3 pneumatic cylinder  (is that the good word ??? sorry for my spelling...)

Luis Salom...  :P
"An error may become true depending on whether the person who made it was wrong or not." P.DAC.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)

Testing EDTracker Pro on YT

i7-4790K/16Go/GTX1070/1440p/Full WC

GP500

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 10:56:07 PM »
Handle bars should move and there should be buttons, almost like you took a Dual Shock 2, and placed its buttons by the levers.

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:42 AM »
Almost perfect but here with pneumatic, the mouvements are too ... sorry i cant' find a word for that but i goes too fast and stop as a machine, it's not "smooth" as real so that's why i think hydraulic is a lot more realistic.

But at the same time it needs a hydraulic system on head which is a lot more complex than a air compressor and 3 pneumatic cylinder  (is that the good word ??? sorry for my spelling...)

Luis Salom...  :P

Something like this  :),..... yeh...expensive  :P

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BhcZBr38Kmc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BhcZBr38Kmc</a>

KG_03

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
Hi,
First of all thank you for your prototype/simulator. All that kind of ideas are very welcome as we motorcycle simulation fans dont have many or even any such devices.

I have been watching your FB page and I loved the idea. Anyway for me the problem with it is that bike lean is a side efect of the steering. Everything depends on how strong the springs are and will they withstand the weight of the rider so it wont force to push away the motorbike to return to initial position.

The main problem for me with all steering devices is the handlebar. As I have mentioned bike lean is side effect of steering with handlebard and bcs of it steering the bike only with leen feels a bit unnatural anyway I understand the limitations of technology and I keep fingers crossed for further development.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:40:51 AM by KG13 »

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
It looks nice, but for me, just leaning isn't enough. Also, how precise can you be when you're only using your body weight?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
Thank you very much friend.

The spring system is provisional to develop the electronics, we are designing a system of gears with a through shaft for the system of inclination that you can adjust according to your weight (this will make it more realistic and comfortable).

We are also studying the possibility of putting a force-feedback motor on the axis of rotation. How do you see this option?
The latter depends on what we collect in kicksatrter.

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »
Nice rig but seems akward, need to see it.

It's sad, you are from Valencia, i don't recall that device or prototype during the last GP in Cheste... would have been very interested  :P

And guys, there's a lot more to look at and see there (Supermoto8) : http://www.supermoto8.com/articles/1690

In my mind, the base should be moving the bike by shock absorbers or hydraulic cylinder depending on how you use the handlebar, like on a regular bike. But still, it's a nice approach and with kickstarter coming, i guess you gonna improve the mecanics.
Thank you very much!!

totally agree with what you say, but the actuator system is very abrupt and unrealistic, we believe that a through shaft and gears is better. Depends on the success of the kickstarter campaign we would like to put a force-feedback engine on the axis. what do you think?

We were in the GP of Cheste, but we were on the VIP terrace, we would have liked to take it where all the fans are so they will try it but it was not possible, I promise that next year we will be there.

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 10:22:05 AM »
Handle bars should move and there should be buttons, almost like you took a Dual Shock 2, and placed its buttons by the levers.

Very good observation.

Yes, the final product will have almost the same buttons as a dual-shock near the hands.

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
Hi,
First of all thank you for your prototype/simulator. All that kind of ideas are very welcome as we motorcycle simulation fans dont have many or even any such devices.

I have been watching your FB page and I loved the idea. Anyway for me the problem with it is that bike lean is a side efect of the steering. Everything depends on how strong the springs are and will they withstand the weight of the rider so it wont force to push away the motorbike to return to initial position.

The main problem for me with all steering devices is the handlebar. As I have mentioned bike lean is side effect of steering with handlebard and bcs of it steering the bike only with leen feels a bit unnatural anyway I understand the limitations of technology and I keep fingers crossed for further development.
Thank you so much for your advice.

As I mentioned before, the spring system is provisional to develop the electronic part that detects the turn of the motorcycle. For the final product we are developing a system of thru axle and gears (adjustable to your weight). We would also like to put a force-feedback motor on the shaft to make it more realistic, but this depends on the success of the kickstarter campaign.

I'm going to investigate the possibility of putting two turn detectors, one on the handlebar and one on the tilt.

Again, thank you very much!

daye

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
for stering and handelbars must be move.

The other problem is make a realistic wobble (guidonnage???? of handelbar when is comming of road)
https://youtu.be/QqvgUCC0fAQ

you can use a littel and sample motor  that's no more expansive

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »
I must say I have a lot of respect for your attempt at this system. You are fortunate to have the means to do so and I wish you the best of luck and a good future in this project.

I do have to say one thing though and sorry but it is factual

You state you are the ONLY and FIRST home simulator?

Please ask all my customers from around the world about that. I state it purely to let you know that your system is not the first and that I would hate that you get coments about it. This is a very new and hard thing to get into and you have a great protential, but, you should always consider the statements you make, you need to ensure they are 100% true. I dont build a motion system yet but that is not the point. I think you should simply add it is the first MOTION home system in future.

I wish you the best of luck in this and will myself contribute to your kickstarter when you start it. I do this for the passion of riding and all and any person that attempts to create a true system should get a bit of help and morale support.

I take my hat off to you sir.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
for stering and handelbars must be move.

The other problem is make a realistic wobble (guidonnage???? of handelbar when is comming of road)
https://youtu.be/QqvgUCC0fAQ

you can use a littel and sample motor  that's no more expansive
Thank you very much for the contribution!

Salvador Felip

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »
I must say I have a lot of respect for your attempt at this system. You are fortunate to have the means to do so and I wish you the best of luck and a good future in this project.

I do have to say one thing though and sorry but it is factual

You state you are the ONLY and FIRST home simulator?

Please ask all my customers from around the world about that. I state it purely to let you know that your system is not the first and that I would hate that you get coments about it. This is a very new and hard thing to get into and you have a great protential, but, you should always consider the statements you make, you need to ensure they are 100% true. I dont build a motion system yet but that is not the point. I think you should simply add it is the first MOTION home system in future.

I wish you the best of luck in this and will myself contribute to your kickstarter when you start it. I do this for the passion of riding and all and any person that attempts to create a true system should get a bit of help and morale support.

I take my hat off to you sir.

DD
Thank you very much! I did not know your system, I apologize for saying that it is the first or only one.

You must say that your system is the best I have ever seen, professional and clean.

Thank you very much for the good wishes and for the support of the project, I would love to keep in touch with you to discuss the current systems or simulation software.

Regards!

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:20 PM »
If I can ever help in any way you only need to ask.

Its great to see that there are people with a passion and hope it makes the bike sim world software guys wake up and see how much it is needed

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler