Author Topic: Motorbike Simulator for home.  (Read 4272 times)

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • IASystems Hs3 PRO-HE Website
Re: Motorbike Simulator for home.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
From what I have been told and from watching the terrible videos it is more hype than anything. I was told no foot controls that work and as for actually controlling the bike...................you need to really watch the vids and think about it.

Would have been great if it was really a FULL control system

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

maggikk22

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 06:10:26 PM »
I'm not sure of the efficiency of this universal simulator.
I also tried to build a prototype, and getting realistic sensations is really impossible if you don't get real time data from the game, at least the bike speed.
I'm not speaking about countersteering, handlebars movements, wheelies,... I'm only speaking about leaning:

1. The best example is the start: when you go out of the garage, the speed is very low. You need to lean the bike all the way to the bottom so the bike turns in the game.

2. Without force feedback that depends on the bike speed, sensations are not so good. So this simulator may be interesting for games that stream real time data, at least the speed. I don't know other games but GP Bikes able to do that "easily".
If the required movements are the same for 20 km/h and 200 km/h, then sensations are not realistic at all.

3. What's the maximum lean angle of your simulator? On mine, it is 45. Beyond this angle, it is really hard to get back upright. Also, because there's no centrifugal effects that "sticks" you on the bike, riding is quite physical.

4. I really don't trust the springs-only system:
On your simulator, theorically, when you lean the bike, you get equilibrium at one single angle only.
At every other angular position, the torque provided by the rider+bike is different than the resistant torque provided by the springs. This means you will always tend to lean too much or not enough. Consequently, you will move your body on the bike a way that is completely different than reality.
For example, if you enter a left soft turn that require 5 only, you will try to slightly push the bike on the left side, while you will push your body on the right so you get equilibrium at 5. in reality, you just need to slightly push your body on the left side. If you do that on the simulator, you will fall down to a higher angle.   
Same thing for getting the bike straight up: on the simulator, you need to move your body and pull the bike, whereas in reality it just requires a light body movement.
To me, springs tension must be adjusted for each angular position so equilibrium can be reached at any position .

5. I saw all your videos, but none of them show the game and the simulator on the same screen. Also, in-game sequences do not last more than a couple of seconds.
This makes me think you did not succeed to make 2 consecutive turns correctly.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »
5. I saw all your videos, but none of them show the game and the simulator on the same screen. Also, in-game sequences do not last more than a couple of seconds.
This makes me think you did not succeed to make 2 consecutive turns correctly.

Who are you talking about?

My videos show my system and riding and I do more than 2 dang corners!!!!!

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

maggikk22

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 06:46:14 PM »
sorry I'm replying to the top message about "LeanGP".
I love your system!
I don't like the LeanGP simulator. To me it's like the attached picture...
I'm 100% sure your system provide better sensations.
Sorry if I hurt you.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »
lol no problem m8

DD

maggikk22

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »
this is my homemade simulator prototype.
To me, LeanGP should use more than simple springs if they want something playable.
I did so, results were not so bad, but still far away from reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnQN0ZXmYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nUObBl5iA