• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Assetto Corsa - GPB Trackday Revival

Started by JamoZ, December 08, 2017, 01:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

December 08, 2017, 01:31:57 AM Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:06:52 PM by JamoZ
Seeing as there is a newly sparked interest in Assetto Corsa lately due to the amazing idea of Peter to host a whole Championship (which sadly i don`t have the time to compete in) i would like to try and relive the fun we used to have just riding around GP bikes without the pressure of a race.

For this purpose i tried to pick 2 cars that were very closely matched performance wise, but require a very different driving style.
These cars are the Ferrari 458 Speciale and the Lamborghini Huracan Performante. Both these cars are on Michelin Pilot Sport cup2 tyres.

Both are mods which i carefully picked and are up to Kunos quality.

Link to cars - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2dmi3uwzyv7g5z/GPB%20Trackday%20Revival%20cars.rar?dl=0

As both cars are Italian, the trackday will be hosted on Imola and the server will go online troughout the weekend on 20:00 CET starting on Friday evening.
There will be no qualifying or race sessions going on on this server, just unlimited practice on a dynamic track.

Servername - GPB Trackday Revival
Password - Trackday

I understand that you guys need to train for the upcoming championship, but if you fancy some fun laps you`re more than welcome :D

Napalm Nick

Thanks Jamoz ! I look forward to giving these cars a go.  Will your server record the laptimes for comparison?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

very nice Jamo, i will certainly try these out, thank you.

JamoZ

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 08, 2017, 03:08:22 PM
Thanks Jamoz ! I look forward to giving these cars a go.  Will your server record the laptimes for comparison?

I think the server automatically keeps displaying your laptime in the previous car if you would switch to the other one. I`m not sure though. If not i will try to find a way so it does!

Warlock

JamoZ

JamoZ

December 08, 2017, 10:07:59 PM #6 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:15:10 PM by JamoZ
Link to cars updated, i messed up the 458, it had some old data files which caused the steering ratio to feel like driving a truck! Server is updated with the correct version.

Napalm Nick

Thanks.

I got used to that car and my wheel was grateful to be used to that degree of rotation for a change. Unlike my biceps.  :P
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JamoZ

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 08, 2017, 10:23:00 PM
Thanks.

I got used to that car and my wheel was grateful to be used to that degree of rotation for a change. Unlike my biceps.  :P

It`s way better now. It handles now on par with the Huracan :D

Warlock

Cant see the server now , still online?

Will try tomorrow anyway , was fun  :)

JamoZ

MultiCOOLFRESH

I am on the server, but no one is here. Come on lads, join and lets do some laps  8)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

JamoZ