• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Crazy F-in dude with Ducati rig

Started by davidboda46, June 05, 2020, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

I would not steer with my body as he does and rather hook the steering up to the actual handlebars, but this dude is sure going far and beyond...  ;D

PS: And I thought my wiring was messy!  ::) (Check the video in the reddit link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/gvjn6o/motorcycle_simulatorreached_v15_wireless_sensors/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

maggikk22

Waw! Crazy!
That's why I prefer the mechanical version...
Well, actually, the truth is I don't have enough skills in electronics ;D !

davidboda46

Cool Maggikk! "Simple" but efficient. Did you 3D print the spring holder parts?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

maggikk22

;)  Yes the white parts are 3D printed. The support is glued on a steel sheet.

maggikk22

Thank you DD, I appreciate the compliment...

davidboda46

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 05, 2020, 08:10:42 PMWot a losd of bollocks are you all stupid???

DD

For sharing a video of a "crazy guy" sitting on a real bike and using it as part of a control unit or for Maggikk posting a pic and video of his inventive controller? Nice input there DD, very thoughtful and all in good spirits I'm sure. Not at all condescending or douchebaggy...

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

doubledragoncc

June 06, 2020, 07:08:22 AM #6 Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:48:43 AM by doubledragoncc
Sorry I was meaning he is not controlling anything not for it being posted. So many people make fake videos where they pretend to be in control of the game but fake it.

I watched only the video and not the link so I am very sorry for my hasty reply.  I also did not see the sensors so I was a dickhead in first post. Joined his thread and its great work.

Very sorry if you thought I meant you. Maggikk22 your 3D printed idea is very clean and great idea.

BIG example Lean GP who ruined the industry for me by ripping people off and and not just faking it but making people think real systems are fake too.

Sorry once again

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

lol most expensive controller ever

doubledragoncc

Not really Vini....Holovis bought a motion platform for the bike simulator I was building them and platform alone cost over £130000 !!! needed a 16 ton concrete bed and more lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

I can really relate to enjoying the process of constructing things like this, but it must kind of suck to put in all the hundreds and hundreds of hours he probably has, and have the result being like that video. Looks like a very awkward way to control a bike!
A bang/buck ratio of 0.2/10000?

@maggikk22, great job with the 'controller controls' like always! What is it that you're putting them on? Want to see more! :D

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 06, 2020, 06:30:41 PMNot really Vini....Holovis bought a motion platform for the bike simulator I was building them and platform alone cost over £130000 !!! needed a 16 ton concrete bed and more lol

DD

Wow.. How did that turn out?
Videos?
The Cruden is probably not cheap either.. Does anyone really use these beasts, and what for?
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

The Holovis project got cancelled as the guy in charge of it left Holovis.............but he and I are working together to make some new things lets just say lol

Shame but it was also taking too long for them to move on the project. They even bought a Kawa ZX6R for me for the project so I built them a standard Hs3 and then the parts for the ZX6R. When The guy left they gave him all of the parts (less the platform lol) We will be using them on my new 2020 sit-on system with motion from DOF Reality and us. The new 2020 Hs3 also has optional wireless body motion controller.

Videos of the platform are restricted property of Holovis but I do have some..........bloody massive, they were and are going to put a whole car on it too!!! Check ouy what Holovis do.

DD

-aGy-

Quote from: maggikk22 on June 05, 2020, 05:37:32 PMWaw! Crazy!
That's why I prefer the mechanical version...
Well, actually, the truth is I don't have enough skills in electronics ;D !

nice you are the best. simple and beautiful