• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Project Realistic Rig

Started by speedfr, December 08, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

impossible.

i need to cut the bottom between the fixing on the table stuff and the steering head otherwise the limiters and the springs are away...
I won't do it as it took me a lot of work to do a perfect 90° angle before welding.

So, for the next one.
And on any of your plan this angle appears, not on your steering head, nothing.
But it's a lot of work to redo all of that so i pass. That pisses me off....

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

It will still be fine at what you have. Dont be pissed off it can ruin a day lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

i'm sorry but i really don't think it's something funny or to lol about.
I struggle to finish that, and doing it the best i can so no, it doesn't make me laugh at all Allan.
And it ruins my night already when i read that it needs to be angled at 15°.

But never mind it's my problem. And i'll go away from here.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

Speedy I was not laughing at you m8.

It does not have to be at 15degrees, it is what I like. It is minimal angle and you will not have any issue because of it that is why I say dont let it worry you. It really is such a small amount you might not even have noticed it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

April 01, 2018, 08:42:51 PM #64 Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:45:32 PM by speedfr
 ;)

Hello everybody...

After this 15° angle pissing off situation, i choose not to redo everything, and anyway, had other bad things in life to solve, so i put aside the handlebar for a while.

Going back on it, i finished the upper part which is the steering head and the handlebar system with the MTE (Mechanic To Electronic) and this part is finished for the main stuff, now i have the eye-candy left to do but later.
Now remains the feet stuff with the rearset i bought. On this pict you'll see a RJ45 empty plug, it is for the rear brake and the gear shift commands.

I'm gonna try that out a little and hopefully in the next 2 weeks the rearset will be done and then time to come back to the track !!!! Can't wait, can't wait !!

As a reminder, i'd like to say that i bought from DD the MTE, main plate and the elctronics (Leo Bodnar and the 5 potentiometers) and i have to say too that he gave me the right to copy his own system, the famous HS3.
So, it's a copy, with my "flavor" not as perfect as his stuff but i'm not selling it (no way), it's not as professional and obviously it's a little bit akward and not finished as well, but i'd like to thank Innovative Analog System boss which gave me the occasion to have something to start from : So DD, thanks again, that makes my dream comes true and that was so fun to make it, i can't help it my hands need to work on something as much as my brain.

now, my mind is going to the next one, for my son William, and since i managed to learn my 3D printer, i can now have a tool to make the parts that i draw on Sketchup.

Enjoy !!! (click on pictures to enlarge)

KG_03

OMG are you building space shuttle or sth? Looks amazing :-O

speedfr

Yes.

The Millenium Falcon cockpit it is.
The Force with me, will be.  ;D

And can't wait to invite you (and others that i crossed on server) for a good ride on my ZF GP dedicate server - until we found each other in Brno on real ones  :)

The thing is, its sturdy and big, but i can tell you that i can let my arms and body weight on it while moving, it can handle that no problem.

The two last pict are my last 3D printing production to carry the Leo Bodnar USB device, it's just slided on the main plate, doesn't need to be screwed or anything so that's why you have this triangular shape as a Empire Cruiser.

May the Force be with Us !!  :)

speedfr

April 10, 2018, 04:48:26 PM #67 Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:01:35 PM by speedfr
Little update with the rearset in place, the frame that holds it is finished and it works.

Working on the "brake" for the main axis so it doesn't wiggle all the way left and right, and i'll post a complete set of the rig.
Maybe a tiny video as soon as it's ready.

The rig works great, the only stuff that i finfd weird is not to cluthc at each speed, a little bit akward but i guess that will come. And i think i stalled 30 times !!!

Coming back later. (clickable pictures)

doubledragoncc

Great work speedy

Look forward to some vids of you riding and having fun.

DD

speedfr

April 11, 2018, 01:48:10 PM #69 Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:40:25 PM by speedfr
thanks DD but i guess this is going to be the hardest, do a video where i film myself with the webcam and mixing that in OBS. That gives me a lot of question but it's going to come, slowly but surely.

I retried on Victoria yesterday night, learning that the apex look is to forget for the leaning look which is a lot better to ride in first person.
And that way, being annoyed by the trainer that block my view...
Down to 1:45:xxx i start to hadle this rig better but yes, the lack of information makes it hard...compare to riding my bike in real life.
Still interested in finding a way to add a little electric motor on the steering/leaning axis to give some feedback...
But in terms of electronics, i have no idea how to catch this kind of information from the game as a FFB wheel does.

And i need to find a real bike seat to replace what i have now but the frame is perfect for me. (i took a medical seat for oldies (me, soon...)) to take a shower seating. And i use it on a 90° angle, it's super sturdy but white and blue, and the seat is soft but its just a question of look. You'll see in the video.

speedfr

April 11, 2018, 10:17:57 PM #70 Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:20:18 PM by speedfr
The complete rig display.

i stole the kids screen (for xbox/wii) for a try. 32 inches is the good size... (clickable pict)

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on April 11, 2018, 10:17:57 PM
i stole the kids screen (for xbox/wii) for a try. 32 inches is the good size... (clickable pict)
Get an ultrawide (21:9) for extra fov.
There's also a samsung 32:9 but it's a bit pricey :)

speedfr

Yes, nice idea Max and thank you.
But i'm going to another 16:9 screen because it's my work computer as well and i need to read and work on it and 21:9 are too low in design.
And i'm on a GTX1070 so 1440p is correct but higher will be a problem.
On the ugly 32" of my kids (ugly because under Windows you can't read or you get blind) playing was a lot easier for the fov, now on my 25", i put it to the mini, 60°. But it's still hard to see the next curve exactly.
On the 32" it was a lot easier.
My whish is the Brillance Philips in 1440p, USB hub inside, blue light system, rotation possible, it comes with every parameters that i need. Even the price is not too hard, around 300€.
So far, that will be my choice.

On the other side, i'm searching to find a way to get the FFB on my rig, using Arduino and a lot of coding. Still in WIP.

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on April 14, 2018, 07:41:45 PM
Yes, nice idea Max and thank you.
But i'm going to another 16:9 screen because it's my work computer as well and i need to read and work on it and 21:9 are too low in design.
Just a matter of size. 35" 21:9 is very fine for work :)

And i'm on a GTX1070 so 1440p is correct but higher will be a problem.
Your 1070 will do OK, especially for PiBoSo's games.
Used to have a 970 on a 3440x1440 35" 21:9: no issue for GPB & co.

My whish is the Brillance Philips in 1440p, USB hub inside, blue light system, rotation possible, it comes with every parameters that i need. Even the price is not too hard, around 300€.
Ah, if your budget is in that range, then you can drop the 21:9 idea :)

speedfr

You're fully right Max but i play other games mostly DCS and maybe one day (!!) Star Citizen - SQ42 so 1440p will be the max for my 1070. i spend time sometimes on FPS too, to release the pressure (Arma3).
We will see what we can expect from the 20x0 series or the next gen Radeon but prices are way to high lately. Can't afford a 1080 or higher, it's getting insane. The thing is, we have 6 kids and even if they are mostly major today, studies still is a real budget eater.
I'm not complaining, it's just that between video cards, Ram and others, i stay with my old i7 and hope that my 1070 will last long too.
Sure for Piboso games, even a APU is fine. Which is great.  ;D

I've tried 21:9 on a curve screen. Wasn't that great for the price and maybe already too old but seatting at 70cm from the screen (100cm when "riding" on GP bike now), i found the 32" huge already, almost like at the movie theater when you sit in front of the screen, have to turn my head to see everything (perfect for Interstellar for example).