• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

*** Your garage / workshop ***

Started by JJS209, December 09, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJS209

December 09, 2017, 01:23:28 PM Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:38:55 PM by JJS209
hey guys,

i'd like to know how you guys work on your bikes at home or in your backyard.

i, for example, live in the middle of a big city.
the only way to get a place to turn some screw is to rent a garage from some one who owns a private garge yard.
so thats what i did, i found a nice garage yard 150 meters, bee line, from my apartment for round about 60 € per month.

i maintenance there my 2005 fazer, the cb500 '97 of my girlfriend and rebuild my R6. hopefully more bikes like a ninja ZXR400 to come, but space ist restricted :(

KG_03

looks beautiful. I dont have anything light that as I rent the garage and its not my won. But...maybe one day I will get one :-)

matty0l215

Mine and my dad's little empire of dirt

The Bridgeport Vertical Mill, 2nd Metal lathe and the welding table arn't in the pictures (these pictures are from last year before they were moved in)

The bikes live in the Garage with very little tools so nothing to see there
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

oh matty, that looks very nice and cleaned up. a lot of space for "dreams" and machines ;)

matty0l215

Thank you  :)

This was just after we had finished building it about a year ago.   It is a lot messier now :P

I will get some better/up to date pictures soon

BOBR6 84

Paradise  8) how much time you spend in there then?

Warlock

Matty , thats a real man's cave m8, congrats ..wish i had all that space for my entertainment  ;D

JJS209

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 10, 2017, 12:37:14 AM
Paradise  8) how much time you spend in there then?

A lot less than i would like to :(

JJS209

i've had a self-loosening drive front sprocket nut.
now tightened with 110 Nm instead of 90 Nm and put some loctite medium/blue on the thread.

matty0l215

Quote from: JJS209 on December 17, 2017, 12:12:15 PM
i've had a self-loosening drive front sprocket nut.
now tightened with 110 Nm instead of 90 Nm and put some loctite medium/blue on the thread.
[/center]

Brave man!

Wouldnt want to be the person to undo it :P

BOBR6 84

Replace the locking washer.. its exactly the same as my old R6 2001-2.. my washer was rusty, broke off and the nut worked its way loose, flicked up and smashed my crankcase... oil everywhere as i was going around a roundabout. game over.  :'(

JJS209

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 17, 2017, 06:55:00 PM
Replace the locking washer.. its exactly the same as my old R6 2001-2.. my washer was rusty, broke off and the nut worked its way loose, flicked up and smashed my crankcase... oil everywhere as i was going around a roundabout. game over.  :'(
ill do so tomorrow. thanks for the tip mate.

as soon as the new part arives, the drive sprocket is under inverstigation... ;)
but i think it will now be secure for now, at least for the winterdays.

h106frp

Not a lot of shaft thread engaged in the nut, almost like the sprocket boss is too thick. Agree with Bob, never re-use tabbed lock washers or split pins.