Author Topic: Online Racing  (Read 651 times)

KliPPiE

• View Profile
Online Racing
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »
hey guys

Its strange to think that we have the wrong mentality about GPB, to me the point of this awesome sim is to race against your friends and improve each other but nobody seems to get to this point.

A good example is me Julian Chips and Tosteetos, i woke up at 3am this morning when tostee and julien messaged me to race with them this is the comradery we have togeather and we always try beat each other. We in GPB need to get to a better point by instead of private testing we need to get ourselves into a server and test there 9/10 somebody will join, i always check online if there is servers up may it be a privately made one or a big one like caws use to do.

So please if anybody here is looking to enjoy the online experience please comment below, i would love to extend the player base/ group we having going and its the easiest to become fast as when we crash we wait for each other even if we are on a great lap it does not matter to us etc
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
Re: Online Racing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
Ypu sure are on to something right. The only problem is, we have all wanted that for a long time but with a sim that doesn’t support it to the full.

Before we had issues with cores, many cores a race/event/practice. Now the issue is big lags when someone connect, jump starts and DQ for no reason.

Many of the old players are tired of waiting for the online to be fixed which is why so few race online now a days. Mostly i see new people when i look online and it is rarely for me now a days tbh.
Meyer#12

KG_03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
I think we should make a Discord lobby (if there isn't one already)  so it was easier to talk instead to write in the game chat all the time.

Anyway count me in :-) I always like to improve and do some laps.

KliPPiE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 09:42:18 PM »
Meyer, point taken except just testing really does not really phase anyone with these errors only in championships it should be a problem, us 3 deal with it all the time.

KG: There is a discord run by multicoolfresh, we are always on it :)
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:47 AM »
Meyer, point taken except just testing really does not really phase anyone with these errors only in championships it should be a problem, us 3 deal with it all the time.

Yeah i agree it is worst in championship, but it is also really annoying playing online when it is busy (when it should be mot fun) because you can’t get a single lap with people joining and leaving all the time.

Also another thing is, that it is just pure frustrations that keep many long time players away, because we have asked PIBS to change these things for ages without anything happening. We finally got the core issue down to a minimum, but now the other issues.

Meyer#12

KliPPiE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
If he cared about the game he would have, the game would be better, more popular and he would make more money but he didnt see that...
Kind Regards
KliPPiE

JamoZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »
hey guys

Its strange to think that we have the wrong mentality about GPB, to me the point of this awesome sim is to race against your friends and improve each other but nobody seems to get to this point.

A good example is me Julian Chips and Tosteetos, i woke up at 3am this morning when tostee and julien messaged me to race with them this is the comradery we have togeather and we always try beat each other. We in GPB need to get to a better point by instead of private testing we need to get ourselves into a server and test there 9/10 somebody will join, i always check online if there is servers up may it be a privately made one or a big one like caws use to do.

So please if anybody here is looking to enjoy the online experience please comment below, i would love to extend the player base/ group we having going and its the easiest to become fast as when we crash we wait for each other even if we are on a great lap it does not matter to us etc

It`s interesting to watch this forum go in circles.

We have been dealing with many issues troughout the years. I have seen many people come and go and it`s funny to see the pattern.
People are always entousiastic and full of joy in the beginning, as was everyone on this forum once. But eventually they`ll realize why the servers are empty and why people stopped playing.

There is a core (No pun intended) group of people that have been for many many years, but we just gave up at one point due to all the bugs you`re still running into now and especially the core.exe one.

There were times when we had a server filled with 15 people, loads of talented modders bringing out amazing content, championships with full grids, but unless the core.exe is going to be fixed i don`t see that returning anytime soon.

The game has had it`s high, and we did everything back then to keep it`s momentum going, ranging from offering PiBoSo donations, to coders willing to help find bugs, and even people willing to help lay out buiseness plans to get the game to the next level.

But as you probably noticed by now, it`s more important to change the riders boots and garage font than actually fixing the problem that drove away so many players.

When and IF the core problems get fixed i think you`ll a fairly large number of people playing again because beneath all the problems there is still an amazing sim.

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »
Couldn’t have said it better JamoZ!

I have “only” been around since Beta 2 or 3 but have seen a lot of these things happening and it is frustrating! But as you say, we have seen a bunch of people come and go and i think now we see some of the core group leaving, people who have been here longer than me (many years) is starting to lose patience and hope.

Meyer#12

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 03:06:05 AM »
Déja vu     ::)

7...8..? years i've been seeing the same cycle ....

Docfumi

• NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
    • only attitude counts
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 04:07:45 AM »
The first thing the game is a (BETA) and we all know what that means. As far as
CORE.EXE crashes I can only say it is a bit of a mystery, yet people still act like
PiBoSo is not fixing it or avoiding it to spite you (us). IMHO I'm super happy whenever the game gets an update no matter if it's Boots, Fonts better setup options whatever because that is what happens with BETA games, they get updated which we all know. The thing that kills me is there are still a group of people out there that download Mods and want to run full grid championships without giving thought to the fact that it's a BETA GAME and there will be bugs. Do you think PiBoSo sits in a room with 20 people to test racing online with Modded Bikes and Tracks which can also contribute to CORE.EXE crashes?

Just a thought, you paid next to nothing for this game so take it for what it is, the best bike game you will have ever played. I mean you can always run out and drop 60 dollars on MOTOGP17 and play online with a bunch of CU*T kids because that is what some of you sound like.

BETA NOT VERSION 1
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Luponius

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
The first thing the game is a (BETA) and we all know what that means. As far as
CORE.EXE crashes I can only say it is a bit of a mystery, yet people still act like
PiBoSo is not fixing it or avoiding it to spite you (us). IMHO I'm super happy whenever the game gets an update no matter if it's Boots, Fonts better setup options whatever because that is what happens with BETA games, they get updated which we all know. The thing that kills me is there are still a group of people out there that download Mods and want to run full grid championships without giving thought to the fact that it's a BETA GAME and there will be bugs. Do you think PiBoSo sits in a room with 20 people to test racing online with Modded Bikes and Tracks which can also contribute to CORE.EXE crashes?

Just a thought, you paid next to nothing for this game so take it for what it is, the best bike game you will have ever played. I mean you can always run out and drop 60 dollars on MOTOGP17 and play online with a bunch of CU*T kids because that is what some of you sound like.

BETA NOT VERSION 1

I can't say the above posts don't have any merit to them, but I'm more thinking along Docfumi's lines personally.  At its core, even just in singleplayer, this game is a blast.  Having a couple peeps zip around you is welcome but not necessary.  If that's the direction it's headed in eventually, great - if not, fine.

I'm very happy I discovered the game, and I don't regret a single second of time I dropped into it.  Even when people connected and wiped that one hotlap I was sure was going to be a new best lap, or when it cored out seven times in a row not knowing why.  At its core, it's a great bit of game, and I believe PiB is human like the rest of us, and getting burned out can be a real issue I'd rather not see happen.  I'll take slow steady progress over a long term over quick and fast only to halt early and never again get picked up.  He's already done a hell of a job, and 27 bucks for all that GP bikes is (yes, I'm including the mods), is well worth the money.

uberslug

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 12:24:45 PM »
@DocFumi & @Luponius ^2

I have been around long enough to remember when a hard application crash would not only crash the OS, it would require reformatting of the hard drive due to FAT corruption. Guess what, we survived.

At work I use a 'professional' grade CAD package all day, every day. I see more 'core.exes' than I think I should from software that costs a small fortune to purchase / use and has thousands of developers / project managers / administrators / sales staff / support staff behind it. For a one-ish man band Piboso has produced BETA SOFTWARE that puts the aforementioned CAD application to shame.

My only concern at this point in time is that Piboso will grow weary of all the whinging, pack up his goody bag, and find a truly lucrative line of work. Such a travesty would leave me, and many others, with the prospect of having to settle for less.

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »
I think a lack of a hot fix for joining the grid jump start ejection is the only big issue; incredibly frustrating for both organisers and competitors. A temporary fudge would have been enough to keep things ticking along.

How about a server side config flag - disable jump start - just for now?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:53:04 PM by h106frp »

uberslug

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 01:05:46 PM »
I think a lack of a hot fix for joining the grid jump start ejection is the only big issue; incredibly frustrating for both organisers and competitors. A temporary fudge would have been enough to keep things ticking along.

How about a server side config flag - disable jump start - just for now?

I would expect a 'hot fix' would require almost as much work as a permanent fix. In addition, if one is developing multiple projects on the same code base a 'quick fix' will no doubt lead to inconsistencies and unnecessary refactoring.

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »
Does the ejection still happen when you line up on the grid manually? Or just when spawning straight to the grid?