• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:41 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Moto 2 2017 Paint Mod Not Showing Up...

Started by uberslug, December 23, 2017, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I have created a custom paint for the Kalex bike.

It shows up on the list of paints but it doesn't get applied to the bike. Anybody have any idea why?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: uberslug on December 23, 2017, 07:08:44 PM

It shows up on the list of paints but it doesn't get applied to the bike. Anybody have any idea why?
That is mostly due to not obeying name restrictions. Make sure the name is of your paint file is "bike.tga" when being put into PaintEd. Then in PaintEd I think you have to make sure that the name of the .pnt file is the same when you hit "PACK" and when you save the file.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

uberslug

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 23, 2017, 09:47:59 PM
Quote from: uberslug on December 23, 2017, 07:08:44 PM

That is mostly due to not obeying name restrictions. Make sure the name is of your paint file is "bike.tga" when being put into PaintEd. Then in PaintEd I think you have to make sure that the name of the .pnt file is the same when you hit "PACK" and when you save the file.

I used 'livery.tga' as that was what it was for the Moto 3 paint mods I did before. I will try using 'bike.tga' this time.

I do use the same name in the pack and save routines.

Thank you for the tip.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: uberslug on December 24, 2017, 12:47:44 AM
I used 'livery.tga' as that was what it was for the Moto 3 paint mods I did before. I will try using 'bike.tga' this time.

I might be mistaken, maybe livery.tga is the correct one. Just unpack another paint from the mod and you should know ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

uberslug

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 24, 2017, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: uberslug on December 24, 2017, 12:47:44 AM

I might be mistaken, maybe livery.tga is the correct one. Just unpack another paint from the mod and you should know ;)

I changed it to bike.tga and it worked so I will stick with what I find in the *.pnt file.