• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

3D Painting

Started by MultiCOOLFRESH, January 04, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiCOOLFRESH

Hello guys,

as I created some paints for the game in 2D, I wanted to step up my game and wanted to paint some helmets or so in 3D. Sadly, I have no clue how this should work or if it works at all. My best clue would be to load the model into blender and than transform it into a .obj. Does this work? Has anyone of you experiences in 3D painting for GPB or other games? Please let me know :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Grooveski

Folk are using 3D-Coat for that these days(so I hear) - I'm just dipping my toe in still but it's an outstanding piece of kit.

Bodypaint, 3D-Coat, Blender, whatever...  An important part that you have to understand is the link between the the model and the texture - the UV Map.  There are dozens of ways to UV a helmet, you'll just have to rummage around and find(or create) the right way for you. :)

Basically you make the model.
...and create at least a mock-up of the skin - what your idea of a helmet skin should look like.
...then unwrap the model - (make the UV map).
...then apply the skin and adjust the UV to suit.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Thank you very much :)

But maybe you can help me better with an example: I want to make a paint for a helmet, like the Shoei X-Spirit III. We have a template with a UV map. But how can I transform the .psd into a .obj to paint it in 3D-Coat (I would use it aswell :D ). I saw an example where one guy made an .svg and loaded it into blender, but then the complete model is not 3D, just the 2D picture is 3D...

I have just no clue :P

MCF

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on January 06, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

But maybe you can help me better with an example: I want to make a paint for a helmet, like the Shoei X-Spirit III. We have a template with a UV map. But how can I transform the .psd into a .obj to paint it in 3D-Coat (I would use it aswell :D ). I saw an example where one guy made an .svg and loaded it into blender, but then the complete model is not 3D, just the 2D picture is 3D...

MCF

You can't, anyway the model is the EDF... But its not possible convert EDF to X format. Just ask at a modder the 3d model in fbx or other format.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 06, 2018, 11:04:06 AM

MCF

You can't, anyway the model is the EDF... But its not possible convert EDF to X format. Just ask at a modder the 3d model in fbx or other format.

Ok, thank you very much :)

matty0l215

MCF

Can we have all of your bikes then??  ;) :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 06, 2018, 12:32:28 PM

MCF

Can we have all of your bikes then??  ;) :P

Imo this could be done by every mod author, to release the model and a template. Personally, I do not see the problem :)

matty0l215

With a scratch built model it would basically be giving it away for free that anyone could use for whatever they want.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

guigui404

I've done and post on this forum 2 or 3 bikes model that you can use for whatever you want , I made it from scratch , You could use it to 3D paint if you want , but you'll have to unwrap

For your statement about you see any problem to post model , hum , I'm think you're wrong , because as mattyl said it could be use for whatever the downloader want