• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Old] Suter MMX500 v. 1.3 (Beta 14)

Started by Italian Mod Team, January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiliyors

U can fix de downshifting, sometimes the bikes need to down 10 gears to 1st ... is similar to the truck... ;D thanks blackheart!!

Blackheart

October 10, 2018, 04:39:40 PM #121 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:18:29 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: javiliyors on October 10, 2018, 04:34:18 PM
U can fix de downshifting, sometimes the bikes need to down 10 gears to 1st ... is similar to the truck... ;D thanks blackheart!!

Right, also this is a big issue, not founded yet a solution, for sure the issue its in the clutch datas in the bike's cfg.

if someone will succeed to fix this problem before me, put here the solution  ;)

EDIT: ok fixed it

Before:

QuoteDisengageMaxTorque = 60

Tested

QuoteDisengageMaxTorque = 100

And works, i do some other tests before release this little update  8)

Blackheart

Download Update 1.2b (downshift fix, includes the 1.2 update): Suter MMX500 v. 1.2 Update

Copy the file in the 500_Suter_MMX folder

javiliyors

Blackheart

I need some testers  ::)

I've Wimp but he's the "not human" tester  ;D

Jorge Sprinter

I think the bike makes too much horse in excess and needs more weight in the front, otherwise it is very good

Blackheart

Quote from: Jorge Sprinter on October 11, 2018, 12:39:11 AM
I think the bike makes too much horse in excess and needs more weight in the front, otherwise it is very good

The bike has real specs: 195hp less or more and about 127kg... I will never change anything about the engine power.

This feedback is about the test version (1.3) or 1.2b?

Because i need feeds about the 1.3 version not others.

thx

Blackheart

Release Version 1.3

This is not an update but its a full version (just delete the outdated version and install this one, delete old setups for avoid core.exe)

Changelog Version 1.3:

- New geometry (mainly weight distribution and new front susp).
- Improved  both suspensions.
- Changed again chassis stiffness.
- New tires (fixed sizes, now are a bit smaller in the phisics so the speed will be a bit lower), and increased the performance.

Some tips for not expert riders:

- ON\OFF with the throttle its not a good idea because the bike is very light and powerful.
- In downshift dont put the lower gears at high RPM.
- Use a little bit of the rear brake for increase the stability under hard braking (not too much!)
- Default front leverage is 18mm, but I recommend using 20mm.
- In the first lap the tires will be cold so... not push too much.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!YsghGIbK!E70avWOIxg_R-QOZ2J8WDdsmPjkyp-CNvzKkRqiooQ0

No more updates in the current Beta, this update is for have fun in the champ. So good luck with the "impossible bike" ;D

uberslug

What is the recommended front tire temperature range. The front was above 90 degrees on the sides and 100 in the middle within a four or five laps. The rear was staying between 55 and 65 degrees. I was lapping in the 1:39 range at Cheste which qualifies as slug like so I was a bit surprised to see such high temps on the front. I did not mess with any suspension settings or tire pressures nor was I braking all that hard.

Blackheart

October 11, 2018, 11:29:51 AM #129 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:36:14 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: uberslug on October 11, 2018, 10:48:24 AM
What is the recommended front tire temperature range. The front was above 90 degrees on the sides and 100 in the middle within a four or five laps. The rear was staying between 55 and 65 degrees. I was lapping in the 1:39 range at Cheste which qualifies as slug like so I was a bit surprised to see such high temps on the front. I did not mess with any suspension settings or tire pressures nor was I braking all that hard.

80 its the optimal for both but these tires can works well also with higher or lower temp because have a lot of grip. (10-15 degree are not a issue) I did now 2-3 fast laps in Jerez (1:38) and I have 75 rear and about 70 on front. with default setting. It depends a lot for from riding style.

1:39 to Cheste it is a little bit slow (I see Wimp do 1:28 with the old 1.2b) maybe you dont push too much on the rear. I know u use the 1st view so its normal have higher laps time, but the bike is tested with qually laps for understand the limit of the bike.

For sure in different tracks need change a bit pressure and setup. 

uberslug

I will test at Jerez this evening and see what kind of temperatures I get.

Blackheart

Quote from: uberslug on October 11, 2018, 12:44:57 PM
I will test at Jerez this evening and see what kind of temperatures I get.

Ah default the bike has (my forgetfulness) 18mm front Lev, try 20mm for a better feeling and in theory it could help you warm up the front a little less.  ;)

uberslug

Tommaso Levato

My two cents: the bike feels quite "itchy" under braking, almost wobbling on the front tire so to speak. Interestingly, I get this behaviour with each of the three front brake leverage settings.

I have to say that the bike feels a little nervous also when putting the power down, but this is an old fixation of mine, so I'm not sure if this is the bike or just my riding style.

In any case, I really appreciate the effort, keep up the good work!

Blackheart

For the front I can't do so much, because its a issue of this beta 14. Bikes with more kg have less this issue but there is.

In the next beta the work will be a full rework. Because this bike was for a old beta (very different) so also if I change a lot of things, can't be Perfect.