• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:48:36 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Old] Suter MMX500 v. 1.3 (Beta 14)

Started by Italian Mod Team, January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: uberslug on January 14, 2018, 01:02:28 PM
Perhaps the answer is to have multiple mappings just like the MotoGP bikes? That way I can happily slug it around while the 2Ters can happily loop it in fourth gear. The current mapping allows me to hoist the front end up in second and hold longish [for me anyway] third gear power wheelies without worrying about falling off the back.

You dont know well this community  ;D

If we had done the bike wheeling also in 4 gear, the 50% of the posts here they would have been: "the bike is unrideable, it flip ever and ever".

badexample69

Quote from: Tosteetos on January 14, 2018, 01:40:08 PM
First of all, to the IMT,  Please understand we are not bashing the bike or your work. -- I personally love everything you put out and have the greatest respect for you and all modders-- We are, however, collectively trying to refine it. And that is to be expected being this project community driven. I think this bike is shaping out to be a master piece of your work, and I'm excited to see and use the final product.

I do think that if you develop for your community (not for yourself,) you should expect constructive feedback. The little time I have in the community, the pride everyone takes in the fact that this is a simulator, is always above everything else, and I love that. There's nothing quite like GPB out there. I was just called out asking if my input was based on having personally ridden the bike in real life. I think that was silly because I'm sure not one of the Moto GP bikes modders has thrown a leg over one, but I applaud it because we want this to be as close to the real deal as possible. So obviously the community is passionate about keeping this sim true to what Piboso intended. Again, I applaud that. Because this is the most serious Sim, is the reason I'm here.

With that being said, I don't think that the answer "The ""power limitation"" was obviously wanted by us" embodies what this sim and community is about.  We can't "want" a power limitation if it is not there to begin with, just because the bike is easier to ride. The challenge in this is to be able to ride the bike with all of its original character and for the bike to be as true to it's original design as possible.

Just my humble opinion.

Amen!!!!

badexample69

January 16, 2018, 01:34:26 AM #77 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:46:47 AM by badexample69
Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 14, 2018, 04:20:51 PM
Quote from: uberslug on January 14, 2018, 01:02:28 PM
Perhaps the answer is to have multiple mappings just like the MotoGP bikes? That way I can happily slug it around while the 2Ters can happily loop it in fourth gear. The current mapping allows me to hoist the front end up in second and hold longish [for me anyway] third gear power wheelies without worrying about falling off the back.

You dont know well this community  ;D

If we had done the bike wheeling also in 4 gear, the 50% of the posts here they would have been: "the bike is unrideable, it flip ever and ever".

The WSBK 17 Panigale is a wheelie monster and I enjoy the crap out of it! If they're not happy,they can ride the others bikes with a flat curve!! Unleash the beast already ITM! I want that 8 bits pizza too! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83IkFuD0-rw

ADD

=

=

Italian Mod Team

;D

Ok... asap the new build, we will work on it in a few days.

badexample69

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 16, 2018, 09:56:20 PM
;D

Ok... asap the new build, we will work on it in a few days.

Really awesome ITM!  8)

Luponius

I'm looking forward to the next version, if I can't keep it on the road, I know it's gone in the right direction, and that's for me to contend with  ;D ;)  It's always fun working towards taming a beast!

Tosteetos

Looking forward to tomorrows release of this beast!  ;D

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: Tosteetos on January 27, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

Today the mmx500 1.1 and WorldSBK 2017 1.4  :)

We're a little early... for the first time.

Tosteetos

Heck yeah! bring them beauties out! ;D

connorhall70

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 27, 2018, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: Tosteetos on January 27, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

Today the mmx500 1.1 and WorldSBK 2017 1.4  :)

We're a little early... for the first time.

Great. cant wait to use them :)
GanjaGod

Italian Mod Team

Suter MMX500 version 1.1 released, link for download in the first post.

KG_03

KG_03

The new bike feels fantastic now. I have found two issues:
-the LED RPM light and RPM on the dashboard in onboard camera do not match. The engine hits the RPM limiter and still there are no red LED light and the dashboard stops in the middle of RPM indicator
-I cant downshift - when I press the downshift button the gear stays in the same place. It happens between 2nd-3rd and 4th gear. Probably occurs when the rear wheel rizes up under hard braking.

Thank you for your hard work. If feels like a tornado now. Love it.

Vini

handling is quite good now but the engine is still very strange. still feels too linear and torque-less. also the limiter is too low compared to the powerpeak. just when you get into full power, you have to upshift in order to avoid the limiter.
the gearbox is a bit better but still not really suited for manual revmatching.
IMO you should just copy the engine and gearbox from some other GP500 bike.

KG_03

Vini97 keep in min that its the 2stroke engine with fuel injection not like old gp500 bike. Read the review of MMX500 bike and ppl say it has the culture of a 4 stroke but the power of 2 stroke.